Phone Service Providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Service Providers

I noticed a few companies have added a couple of extra gigs to phone plans with no extra charge. Verizon is giving 24 extra gigs a year in 2 gig a month increments. I'm with boost and I feel like boost one upped them. My boost plan just gave me 2 extra gigs a month free that can also be used as hotspot data (just saved me 10 extra bucks a month) AND I can stream from all the popular music providers (pandora,etc...) without it counting against my data. I believe AT&T is also giving away some data (amazing, cause AT&T are some greedy fucks).

For me, I had to actually upgrade my plan (free) to receive the extra perks. And that brings me to the actual point of this. You may want to visit your account and see if there is an update waiting for you regardless of who your provider is. Due to how across-the-board this seems, you probably DO have some freebies waiting for you.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
    I believe AT&T is also giving away some data (amazing, cause AT&T are some greedy fucks.
    AT&T started of offering 10GB I believe then extended the data usage to 15GB with rollover data which is supposed to cap off at 15GB though I'm sitting at 20GB limit right now for my 4G LTE connection.

I primarily use my home Wi-Fi and rarely use my data at high rates since when I'm not home I'm only checking out a website or just watching 1-3 videos via cellular signal so it works.

But yes, AT&T are so greedy it's annoying to the point I'm thinking of switching to a different provider with less monthly data at less speed and on satellite. The only thing stopping me from doing so is there's only 2 options for internet where I live and that's AT&T or satellite which is inferior to AT&T's offerings. I get faster cell internet through tethering my cellphone to my PC's then my DSL connection... considerably faster... like almost 5 times faster or more at some points. It's sad. lol

If I didn't download huge files and stream video via AT&T internet and transfers via ftp almost all day every day I would switch but I think AT&T caps their internet data limit at 130GB which is higher than my phone data plan and satellite combined... You win this time AT&T due to location technicality.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Virgin mobile also started to offer free music streaming with unlimited data packages.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I sold phones for ten years (at Radio Shack), but I haven't for six months. Anyway, Boost was my go-to suggestion for prepaid, since you can keep using data and the price was good. (Virgin Mobile is basically the same.) Verizon prepaid was laughable-- I don't think they were actually priced to sell, especially for smartphones.

Comment

This is awesome! It used to be that I had 5 highspeed gigs and unlimited throttled thereafter. Those gigs could ONLY be used from my phone. In order to get hotspot bandwidth I had to throw in an extra 10 bucks for 2 gigs. With my upgrade my gigs went to 7 and all of it can be used on either my phone or as hotspot bandwidth. The one downfall is, it used to be that if I used up my 2 gigs of hotspot data I could just pay 10 bucks for 2 more. Now though with it all tied together if I use all my allotted data, I use all of my allotted data, and my only option is to reset my plan. So, instead of 10 bucks for 2 more gigs. It's 60 bucks to start over. I guess that's not really any different if you think about it cause, I would be starting over with 7 gigs and a new "month" of service.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I have Verizon and get 100GB of data shared between 4 lines for just under $330.00 a month, My wife just paid the bill tonight and it was $328.62.

100GB of data normally cost $375.00, I have a law enforcement discount since 2005 with Verizon that takes off 15% but that's not the reason why I get 100GB of data.

LONG STORY SHORT.

Went to upgrade phone in Lancaster, TX after dropping my phone and broke the screen. The guy behind the counter never told me about the unlimited data drop when upgrading my device and we (wife and I) had no clue they got rid of unlimited data just days before. This pecker face customer service/sales rep decided to NOT tell me about the changes to my account when upgrading my phone and I ended up with 15GB of data and found out when I got a message 2 weeks later that we were 1GB from going over and to purchase more. I called the Verizon store I purchased the phone at to check my account and they told me blah blah blah and to call customer service if I felt these changes were made in error. I called for weeks to Verizon to get this reversed and they told me I should have had the option to buy the phone outright to avoid these changes. Due to the fact that pecker face admitted to not only NOT telling me about the changes but said he would not fix it and neither would corporate. I went above and beyond, sending letter's, e-mails and even calling non stop daily for 3 more week's until I got a call one day from a Mr. Craig Ludlow in upper management and offered me 50GB a month to drop a potential lawsuit as this in my opinion was a clear admission they fucked up. Anyway, 50GB is now 100GB since they doubled the deals. That's how I got 100GB and kept the same price as I have had for years.

Comment

Working...
            X