Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rep power is 9 with a total of 124 points. I want to get it to an even 10.

You guys tell me what kind of post you will rep me up for and I will write it. This can be just about anything. Want to learn how to write classes in QC? Are you stuck on a map editor? Do you feel like blender hates you? There are NUMEROUS forms of education I can give you and all I want is rep in return.

Feel free to audit any of my other tuts to get an idea of the ridiculous amount of detail I provide. I say that because if I go to all this trouble I want my f**kin reps.

edit: Don't sweat it if you think or know I do not know the info. IDGAF what you want to know (quake related), I can get the answers or figure them out. I am trying for a more broad approach but I'll solve a specific problem for reps. You just have to find 4 more people willing to rep me for solving your problem. Depending on what you want me to solve, I can either tell you how or just do it for you (mostly referring to code).

note: I completely suck at texturing anything. If you want me to write a texture tutorial, you are relying on the wrong guy. I could probably write a blender nodes tutorial for the cycles render engine but it would be mostly introductory and would leave a lot to be desired on creating specific textures.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-20-2015, 09:17 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

imo the rep points are underused and undervalued....

According to Sole, Baker has the top rep points, but yet he only displays 2 green squares, which if you used his rep points as a benchmark, his should equate a full string of green squares, divided downward...

lets hypothetically say Baker has 500 rep points, and there is a possible of 5 green squares.

500 rep points should = 5 green squares
    400 rep points should = 4 green squares
    so on and so on

not

500 rep points = 2 squares (based on the hypothetical amount Baker has versus)

I'm pretty sure the rep points being received not even budging the greensquare count doesn't give any indication that its actually doing anything at all...

I would suggest a system where
    0-25 no green squares
    25-50 1 green square
    50-100rep points = 2 green squares
    100-150 rep points = 3 green squares

or something like this.

I think the reputation system is tweakable but never got tweaked. Baker is the perfect example of how does someone who has done as much as he has, only have 2 green squares for a measurement of a top reputable contributor?

As for getting reputation points everytime you feel you could have earned them, just add to your signature something like "Did you find my post helpful? Click the + sign" , and every post you have ever made (and you've got quite a few) that has invaluable information / people will find useful from the past, will earn you points in the present,and the future. I could even animate that image to pulsate the + sign if you want.

Feel free to use that image, until you hit 3 green squares at least. Then you'll need to update obviously haha.

If that makes any sense, good because it barely made sense when I read it back.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hiya, Chris.

The numbers I want to get up are the ones that only I can see. Everybody can see the blocks but, only I can see their final values, for my account. My rep power is 9 and I have 124 points. I wish the blocks displayed this info more accurately but, regardless of their accuracy, my actual numbers can still go up.

I like your graphic and thank you for making that. I don't want my signature to troll for rep in every post though. Damn good idea, just not really my style. I'd rather be "hired" for rep or get it naturally.

Comment

Hello Michael,
        glad you liked it. Anubis kept us in the loop while you was gone, seemed like a nice guy.
        Anyways, did you order this cold spell we been having in the south? I sure as shit didn't. Today is was warmer, mid 60's tonight low of mid 50's roughly.

That signature idea doesn't have to come off as if every post you ever made is pan handling for reputation points or trolling for them... It's all in the presentation or angle of attack.

Your main goal from the "hired" for rep / get it naturally , receiving reputation can be a byproduct that the signature initiates. Example...

Signature titled whatever you decide to title it points to "MadGypsy's Historical Coding Solution Index" , which is a thread you created that index's every technical post you have ever made, or something to that effect. Yes,your chapters/instances of helping others are strung everywhere, but, this could create a funneling of your efforts / documenting of your efforts from the past/future,and that one post/thread, would be where you can chirp in about clicking the + sign if of your efforts have been useful to others.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Thanks to the people that repped me up and down due to this post. My rep points are now 149 (or maybe 145, bah, I forgot as soon as I looked at it) but my power is still 9. The rep system on this site is tricky indeed. It seems the higher up you go the more reps it takes to get to the next power.

My offer still stands to work for reps. I have no qualms with earning my reps.

@Chris - you are right about presentation. I may do what you suggest. I would need to go do a few things first.

edit/unrelated: Avast just popped this thing up on my screen telling me to unwrap my present. I clicked it and it brought me to a screen where I can buy avast LOL!! What kind of fuckin gift is that?
          Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-21-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X