Scam Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam Warning

Hello everybody. This is a scam warning for users of Steam (Welcome to Steam)

I have been noticing this happening a lot recently. Someone will post a comment on a youtube video, generally on a popular channel, and there will be a link to a google plus page. It will give a description of how to add 'free money to your steam wallet'. Often there is also a video tutorial with a download link or link to a website in the description.

THESE ARE FAKE! They are nothing more than scammers trying to get personal info or your steam login info. Aside from that, you can also have your steam account shut down for trying to use anything to add money to your account for free.

I'm sure that most will know to avoid trying to use these 'services', but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Happy Quaking!

i can say : i don not have steam account and i m proud of it
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Someone offering "free money" a scam? c'mon... nothings free.

If something sounds too good to be true...

I have to hope and believe that no one is that gullible. That's a pipe dream, I know... but... c'mon pull your head out of, uh, the sand.
      *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
      sigpic

Comment

I know that its obvious to most, but it may not be to the less tech savvy.

Also, some of these scammers have found a way to post youtube comments under false names, such as Markiplier, a very popular youtuber. Also, they create tons of bot accounts to post positive comments on the youtube comment and the google plus pages that are often linked.

Be careful out there ya'll

Comment

Working...
        X