Marijuana and neural circuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana and neural circuits

Hello forum , I think everyone here know me . I'm nahuel 27, i know quake in 1998 (when i was 10) i am not a good quake player but i am a big fan!

I have always respected marijuana consumption as "entertainment" ( ie recreational use ). I tried it for the first time at 17, always liked me but its effects had never been a big deal. Never before i had the habit of smoking regularly .

A few months ago one of my best friends died a and I fell in great distress , I left my studies and was discouraged at work. I went to his funeral, never had felt the loss of a loved one. I was in shock these night some university friends invited me to smoke.
    We smoked marijuana and went to walk along the coast in the night. I never felt so bad . I hated the bad trip . It was horrible. All oppressive feeling , like living in a nightmare.

Anyway the bad experience made ​​me think about my life, a strange sensation of peace awoke in me. Suddenly I felt a desire to travel.

I went totally alone by a few days to a cabin, in the woods, in hills of a province that I did not know of my country ( it's a fairly large country ).

Was awesome, i did know some travelers and i did smoke marihuana with they.
    Since that time everything was different . I felt that my problems were totally solvable .
    I went home and put into practice what he had thought .
    I was incredibly good at all and now I feel great happiness to achieve change many things of my life. For the first time I feel myself.

Last December consumed marijuana regularly , now only occasionally , and I "resolutions" problems continue to emerge clearly.

I deicide to quit marijuana completely , i feel that i need no longer smoked.

my question is: Someone had a similar experience with marijuana ?

I think it has provoked new neural connections during the trip , which helped me a lot to think and to my life.

Thanks
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
    Hello forum , I think everyone here know me . I'm nahuel 27, i know quake in 1998 (when i was 10) i am not a good quake player but i am a big fan!

I have always respected marijuana consumption as "entertainment" ( ie recreational use ). I tried it for the first time at 17, always liked me but its effects had never been a big deal. Never before i had the habit of smoking regularly .

A few months ago one of my best friends died a and I fell in great distress , I left my studies and was discouraged at work. I went to his funeral, never had felt the loss of a loved one. I was in shock these night some university friends invited me to smoke.
    We smoked marijuana and went to walk along the coast in the night. I never felt so bad . I hated the bad trip . It was horrible. All oppressive feeling , like living in a nightmare.

Anyway the bad experience made ​​me think about my life, a strange sensation of peace awoke in me. Suddenly I felt a desire to travel.

I went totally alone by a few days to a cabin, in the woods, in hills of a province that I did not know of my country ( it's a fairly large country ).

Was awesome, i did know some travelers and i did smoke marihuana with they.
    Since that time everything was different . I felt that my problems were totally solvable .
    I went home and put into practice what he had thought .
    I was incredibly good at all and now I feel great happiness to achieve change many things of my life. For the first time I feel myself.

Last December consumed marijuana regularly , now only occasionally , and I "resolutions" problems continue to emerge clearly.

I deicide to quit marijuana completely , i feel that i need no longer smoked.

my question is: Someone had a similar experience with marijuana ?

I think it has provoked new neural connections during the trip , which helped me a lot to think and to my life.

Thanks
    Hi Nahuel,

You're not alone. A lot of us smoke or smoked weed with regularity. I binge smoked for a span of about 6 years, now I casually smoke about a joint a year with friends.

You should listen to the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast, he has lots of episodes where he talks about "heroic doses" and how he used to be a tight ass but weed made him focus on the bad parts of his personality and made him paranoid thinking about his problems, he believes that the plant makes you look inward and face the bad kinks in our personality that we shove aside in every day life and under the rug.

Every time I get high I usually get paranoid and end up thinking about issues facing me, but it's always for the best because you can iron it out if you want to face it and think about it. However, it also depends on the type of strand. When I smoke Sativa I'm happier and more go-lucky, it also depends on the mood/setting. If you're out in the day time with birds around and laying in the grass, you're going to feel euphoric, other times you may just be chilling alone in the dark in your house and you may get different thoughts. Ambiance is key since weed makes you highly perceptive/sensitive to your environment and peoples' energies around you.

I used to get high and play Quake, that was always a nice experience

For me when I smoke today I just feel like I'm chasing the dragon and trying to get back the hyper laughing times I had as a teen with friends instead of thinking about my issues. So I tend to avoid it, it'd be nice to get back in though and iron out some issues that I may not be facing.

Sorry to hear about your pal! My suggestion would be to just take everything in moderation. I smoked so much weed that I went completely the other way as I got older and basically smoke zero, so somewhere in the middle is a good balance.

Comment

I smoked weed with great regularity for over a decade. It doesn't make me go down, it makes me go up... become hyper focused on whatever I am doing and makes me see things from perspectives i may not have considered while sober. Basically, I learned over 10 programming languages while high as a kite.

I'm actually smoking a blueberry blunt right this minute but, don't be too quick to judge me cause, I haven't smoked anything in somewhere around 6 months. I smoke when there isn't a bunch of life to consider. Today: No bills, No debt, No responsibilities, No errands, No anything so.... blueberry blunt stuffed with grand daddy purple.

cheers

PS> One kickback if you are going to smoke at all but not with any regularity is: You can take your time to find the really good stuff, buy plenty of it and sit on it for a very long time.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss.

I used to smoke on a regular basis... daily. I always enjoyed it. It never made me paranoid or made me laugh uncontrollably like it's portrayed by some mediums. It's also probably the reason for my love of cooking. It just helped me relax and chill out. And I became a pretty fair cook. Even today I would rather burn one than than have a stiff drink or two.
        I got married and had kids and sense it IS presently illegal where I live, I promised my wife I would quit. And I did, I even put the cigarettes down. Now if it becomes legal where I live in the near future, which I believe it will, I'll have to revisit that conversation with the wife! I think it has legitimate medicinal uses and used responsibly, recreational use as well. I think it's been demonized for far too long.
        *I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
        sigpic

Comment

thank for your sincere words
          @rampage i will listen the podcast!
          weed is very powerful, i think there should be more cientific research about weed.
          Humanity is evolving and someday science will show that our experiences can help many people. I'm talking about a real cientific investigation not to benefit any lobby.
          hahaha i am not think on "consparanoid" mode. but listen:few months ago many people suggest: go to a "psyquiatrist". I know they work and its terrible for depression: they would have given me pills for life.

@MadGypsy thanks for your words. berry variations are my favorite! i love so much haze berry, but blueberry it is great too, and i've only great moments with her. it is delicious.! Enjoy!

@Dilligaf Prohibition is ridiculous it should only be prohibited for children under 18, and for vulnerable people in mental health issues (i speak of people with several problems like psychosis or schizophrenia).
          USA is an advance in science as always, and the discover of weed benefits will do the legalization more viable for all the world. Obviously legalize is also control it.
          I think we get to see legalization. I really hope so. it will help many people. Before the ban (i think it was in XIX century) there were no psychologists!!

syluxman2803

Comment

I think they should legalize it and all the other drugs and sell them at the pharmacy. People should make their own decisions and in the big picture is what happens anyway.

I think "The War On Drugs" causes crime and encourages crime because a common substance has an inflated value.

They say what's been going on Colorado and some other states has reduced organized crime.

U.S. Legalization of Marijuana Has Hit Mexican Cartels' Border Trade

Legalize all drugs and this guy ... (and others like him) ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaqu%C3%ADn_Guzm%C3%A1n

is out of a job.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              I think "The War On Drugs" causes crime and encourages crime because a common substance has an inflated value.
              The thing about legalizing a drug is that although it technically reduced crime rate, all it really does is make access to the substance easier to acquire. Its simply making something legal that is still again many peoples morals and best interests. I agree completely that people should make their own choices, but they shouldn't be allowed to do it when its going to directly harm others. For example, if a child's parents want to drink, and can do so with self control, then the child isn't harmed. But there are many drugs that are currently illegal that even when taken in extremely small doses, would render anybody incapable to parent a child while under the influence.

In short, I don't think all drugs should be legalized. That's just my opinion, and I don't want to offend anybody. Be safe everybody.

Comment

@parents want to drink - you can't "serve god and mammon". Either NO drugs should be legal or ALL drugs should be legal. Really the legality of drugs only serves one purpose, to acknowledge that "we" have the right to make our own decisions cause, legal or not, very few are taking laws into consideration in regards to their consumption.

Taking the legal risk out of consuming a drug does not remove the legal risk of your actions while on them. In other words, making crack legal does not make murder, theft, battery, etc legal.

If I can get cracked up and maintain order of myself within all other bounds of the law, why should anyone care what I'm doing?

note: I have personally never been on crack. The above is an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-PieFace View Post
                  In short, I don't think all drugs should be legalized.
                  I think if you aggressively educated people and did the right kind of scary warning labels, legalizing them all might work. I'm not "for" any of them.

I just think organized crime is very destructive to the United States, even more destructive to the people in Mexico and places like Colombia.

If choices are:

(A) Let people decide to ruin their own lives or not
                  (B) Violent drug cartels

I'd pick A.

Most people aren't going to ruin their own lives. But some will --- that's just the price of freedom.

Some people are pretty good at ruining their own lives as it stands, you won't stop them.

/Just another opinion on the internet
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

@Some people are pretty good at ruining their own lives as it stands, you won't stop them.

That's exactly why drugs should be legal... maybe regulated but, definitely legal. The illegality does only 2 things:

1) feed the prison industrial complex at the taxpayers expense
                    2) create opportunity for cartels and criminals to supply the drugs to all the people that are going to do the drugs, regardless.

ooops 3 things
                    3) provides the US government with funds that are not accountable to anyone or anything.

Comment

the legalization of other drugs is an extremely complex topic.
                      Legalization is not just decriminalization, but requires other features like bureaucracy, taxes, quality control, etc.
                      Also it is considering that the guarantees could not be suitable for citizens regarding their health.
                      But should the state regulate the crime or should regulate the health of the population?
                      How much money is spent on the "fight" against drug trafficking?

I think that the way should be the education of society.

As a first step decriminalization of consumption-tenure accompanied by a hard and real fight against drug traffickers.

I speak of a hard, non-fiction foray. I am sure that the military forces of each country, with some international organization can disable the "international web " of crime about drugs.
                      No drug trafficking is no crime. But the drugs continue to exist.
                      Once the drug trafficking loses power the state with some private company should take over the bureaucracy. Once this step of "legal standar" is done, the drugs can be legalized.
                      Drug manufacturers should be regularized as do the manufacturers of medicines or chemicals.
                      those who are not regularized fall in crime.

This guarantees quality drugs, obviously these companies would be given high taxes.

After removing all crime: what should we do so that people do not fall into addiction?
                      It is extremely difficult. But the answer is education.
                      An educated and balanced emotional life person hardly fall into addictions.
                      So these high taxes paid by manufacturers should be aimed at combating addiction with resources: medical, psychological and media.

It's just what I think.
                      Last edited by nahuel; 02-04-2016, 04:39 AM.

syluxman2803

Comment

Working...
                      X