Quake Console on your OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Console on your OS

For any Linux users, there's a terminal package completely inspired by Quake. Basically it allows you to set your terminal with one key and it drops down from the top of your screen just like the console in the game. I used it a bit, don't know how much it really improves anything but it's cool to make my OS feel more like Quake hahaha

https://www.kde.org/applications/system/yakuake/

Cute. I like it.

Comment

On a side note, I always thought it would be cool to have a QuakeC editor built in to the in-game console. with syntax highlighting and all the features then just changelevel to test.... but in all it would be too much work for something silly.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Hellmoc View Post
        For any Linux users, there's a terminal package completely inspired by Quake. Basically it allows you to set your terminal with one key and it drops down from the top of your screen just like the console in the game. I used it a bit, don't know how much it really improves anything but it's cool to make my OS feel more like Quake hahaha
        I've been using YaKuake for years and it's usually a mandatory install when I install Ubuntu or Mint/Mate. Highly recommended not only for it's coolness but it's very handy to have a terminal(s) at your fingertips even more so then the Linux DMs(Desktop Managers) typically offer.

A+
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

@ QuakeC editor built in to the in-game console. with syntax highlighting ... but in all it would be too much work for something silly.

Are you kidding me? That's a bad-ass idea and maybe not really that much work! You can already type in the console. You just need the syntax highlighter and maybe to merge fteqcc into the engine...right?
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

*cough*

fte has a built-in compiler already. use the 'compile -srcfile src/progs.src' command.
            it also has a built in text editor, because why not. its not very good though.

you could also combine the x11 plugin I wrote (you'd need to compile it yourself) with the xepher program thingie (for a more complete x11 server, should be in most linux distros) and then run an xterm from that. but tbh that's just too annoying to actually set up. you could also set up a shader and write some csqc to have the x11 server displayed+usable on walls, but that's kinda overkill. yay plugins.
            Some Game Thing

Comment

Working...
            X