Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My awesome hack

What are you looking at?

You are looking at genius. I hacked old-ass flash CS5 to support the latest flash player.

So what. What the hell does that mean?

Well, any class can be instantiated on the stage while you are editing. I have written classes that load mdls, bsps and a number of other quake things. This means that technically I can drag all that shit right onto the stage and build entire levels from completed models. In short, I turned flash cs5 into a pretty damn powerful level editor. I also jacked up the projector capabilities so... from cs5 I can export .exe's without needing to use AIR (thanks java education).

To be even clearer - I can build entire game levels on the stage, convert to MovieClip (ie...put it all in a container) and delete it. It won't be deleted from the library, just the stage. I can keep repeating that, basically populating the library with all the game levels. Follow that up with writing some delegate script that knows which and when to load levels...export as exe, tadaa entire contained game.

There's only one loop-hole. The flash stage is 2d. It has some 3d things but none of those 3d things include traveling into depth. I need to figure out how to trick flash into using a stage3D context OR make an extension that fakes it good enough for editing purposes. I''l figure it out. I got this far in like 10 minutes. It was easy and fast cause my guess that Haxes handling of players had to be similar to the Adobe way was correct. I knew the haxe way and basically just hunted down where adobe was putting that same stuff..except for the projector part. Oddly, haxe doesn't have a feature for exporting flash as .exe. It will export AIR as an .exe (ie captive runtime) with some trickery but, wont do the same for flash, so I made adobe do it. Actually, I could probably make haxe do it now that I figured out how to make adobe do it.

----

Maybe, just maybe, the stage will have 3d context without me having to do anything. All the various model loaders require a 3d context. For the stage to load them at all it will have to instantiate a stage3d instance. Stage3d has plenty of 3d controls. At worst, I may just need to write an extension for a new tool. Extensions are just javascript that utilizes an external interface the editor has. I need to research the extension built-ins.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-24-2016, 04:35 PM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

great MG merry christmas
    the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Merry Christmas, Madgypsy

If you ever want to know how a true super-villain thinks, you need only read the following post, where despite actually lacking any ability at the time, I made my intentions quite clear in a very softly worded, but extremely deliberate way:

InsideQC Forums • View topic - Introduction Thread

Such is the way of super-villains. I knew I would throwing a wrench into the system, it was irrelevant if I did not specifically know how or why.

Although few people know this, I was the author of Quakespasm version -1, the baseline of Quakespasm and while not ever a direct contributor, wrote tutorials or implemented easy to copy engine modifications specifically so Quakespasm could acquire them.

And if you think "DarkPlaces" or even "ezQuake" --- yeah, I've directly influenced both of those too. In the case of DarkPlaces, I sought to make the engine popular and for years promoted news items advancing rendering awesomeness and Quake Reforged was the start of that triumph. Seems strange since I am conservative Quake guy, but more than conservative Quake --- I am just simply a Quake guy --- and if someone makes something awesome for Quake in a brand new way, that should be rewarded.

Hope you enjoy Christmas.

/I can tell all in this thread! It's about Flash! I could reveal Ponce DeLeon secret to immortality in this thread and nobody would read it. Doesn't mean I don't care, just confirms your suspicions that I'm a jerk. And it's true. But doesn't mean I'm not a well-meaning jerk. I'm a jerk for the forces of Good.

Besides, tomorrow I could deny all of it saying I had too much drink. In fact, I considering denying all of it right now as we speak -- but yeah, I'm still gonna click SUBMIT

But just to remind you I'm an asshat, I don't think anyone will read this thread since its about Flash But do I think you've achieved a lot this year, an absolute YES.

/Note: I'm drunk. How that differs from normal Baker behavior is a mystery not soon to be solved Except for the potential of vomiting, I guess ...
      Last edited by Baker; 12-24-2016, 08:12 PM.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Colonel Sanders secret formula ... posted here in a thread about Flash to safely preserve it and keep it away from prying human eyes:

Mix with 2 cups white flour:

2/3 tablespoon salt

1/2 tablespoon thyme

1/2 tablespoon basil

1/3 tablespoon oregano

1 tablespoon celery salt

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon dried mustard

4 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons garlic salt

1 tablespoon ground ginger

3 tablespoons white pepper
        p.s. It is a national disgrace he was never promoted from Colonel to General. His chicken innovations were not much appreciated back in his time, but he sure showed them all Whose laughing now
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Here is my parting gfit ...

It is a gift of mystery ...

Now, from what I understand, the above image relates to adult "incontinence".

So what is on the spoon? And why?

These are the kinds of questions we need answers to in the 21st century. As I understand, these inner-mysteries may hekp me understand the role that Flash plays in the future.

Comment

He truly was the Patton of his time, Baker. I imagine he's smiling down from his great Kentucky farm in the sky, proud of his accomplishments.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMaster View Post
              He truly was the Patton of his time, Baker. I imagine he's smiling down from his great Kentucky farm in the sky, proud of his accomplishments.
              Some day, I hope to meet Colonel Sanders. And perhaps, he will be General Sanders, or Admiral Sanders or even possibly Bernie Sanders when that time comes.

But I still don't know what's supposed to be on that spoon, nor why.

I've heard of Preparation H. But according to science, there may be other Preparations yet to be discovered, like theoretical concepts like Preparation I or even radical concepts like Preparation J.

Perhaps time will tell.

Comment

I hacked the entire stage. All the stage is in flash is a flash player. Apparently adobe was smart and designed cs5 to be upgradeable without messing with bytes. I literally foound (buried, mind you) StagePlayer.exe. A little right-click/properties action revealed exactly what I thought. It's just a flash projector. I simply swapped it for the most recent one. This got me thinking though, if the stage is a projector player and I can make projector players...why can't I simply extend the possibilities of the stage to automatically be a 3d context (or ? There may be reasons why I can't but, there are no immediately obvious reasons.

@posted here in a thread about Flash to safely preserve it and keep it away from prying human eyes:

You couldn't be more wrong. Maybe you should use your admin privs and take a peek at the "eyes" that my threads get. I went to a post that I wrote 3 years ago for some info and there were already 9 people on the page. That was on last Wednesday. I have quite a following of people that are interested in all of my experiments and ideas. They don't participate (because they are primarily guests) but, they religiously read my stuff. I don't blame them. I would read me too if all there was to read about was new textures and rtlights. Nothing against the people working on those things. I've seen some excellent work. The subject matter can only hold interest for so long though. My stuff changes constantly. I'm always trying something new and completely different than the rest of the people here. To think no one would have interest just because this is a quake forum is tunnel vision.

Something to consider

Quake is even less popular than flash. Both of our techs are the same age (within months). Your people are keeping quake alive. My people are keeping flash alive and making it even stronger than ever. Go in your android mobile device (i devices too) and realize how much captive air is used for all your games and apps. It's just not called flash anymore but the tech is everywhere and on everything. You don't need to be interested in what flash's role is in your future. It is a grand majority of your present and you don't even realize it. Most people don't. The only thing that "died" is flash player. We don't need that anymore a flash layer can be created out of anything and put anywhere.

Let me know where you would like me to put some for ya
                protip: ex c# project does not mean a project written in c#. It means a project specifically designed to be transpiled to c#
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-24-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                  nobody would read it.
                  Guess again. Even though I rarely completely understand what he writes about (and it even usually flies way above my head), I find reading Gypsy is a fascinating experience. I can often see his thought process developing live right before my eyes. So yeah, I'm kinda hooked on his threads now and I'm probably not the only one.
                  ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                  ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Mix with 2 cups white flour:

2/3 tablespoon salt

1/2 tablespoon thyme

1/2 tablespoon basil

1/3 tablespoon oregano

1 tablespoon celery salt

1 tablespoon black pepper

1 tablespoon dried mustard

4 tablespoons paprika

2 tablespoons garlic salt

1 tablespoon ground ginger

3 tablespoons white pepper
                    It is a gift of mystery ...

Now, from what I understand, the above image relates to adult "incontinence".

So what is on the spoon? And why?

These are the kinds of questions we need answers to in the 21st century. As I understand, these inner-mysteries may hekp me understand the role that Flash plays in the future.
                    That is not a tablespoon.

"Here is my parting gfit" ...wait wtf are you talking about?

happy jesus-death-match
                    im sorry but there are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon; to say 2/3 tbs is just broken logic pfft
                    Last edited by R00k; 12-25-2016, 02:32 PM.
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

I've heard of Preparation H. But according to science, there may be other Preparations yet to be discovered, like theoretical concepts like Preparation I or even radical concepts like Preparation J.

Perhaps time will tell.
                      Don't jump the gun here. You know full well we can't go meddling in other preparations until we've fully interpreted Preparations E-G. H is just a theory at this point, and the notion of an I or even a J is absurd. Find me some evidence and present it for review with the scientific masses at large, then we'll talk Preparation H.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                        wait wtf are you talking about?
                        Exactly!

Yeah, when I slowly remembered these drunk posts, I was like "Hmmmm."

At least they were good natured with just a little bit of me razzing MadGypsy about Flash, haha.

In the end, I decided since MadGypsy occasional does his proclamations of why he thinks low-level coding is obsolete, I figured is probably mostly ok.

But yeah, quite a bit of alcohol was involved.

/I'm coding right now, so my sense of humor is pretty much turned off. Maybe later I can make an unbiased assessment

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                          That is not a tablespoon. (...) im sorry but there are 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon; to say 2/3 tbs is just broken logic pfft
                          Truth is, there is no spoon. Andy and formerly-Larry said so.
                          ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                          ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

I don't think low-level coding is obsolete. I think low-level coding is going to be obsolete. It is just a matter of time before google turns everything into one thing. By the looks of it, some form of AS3 seems to be the direction. I'm not saying this because I am an AS3 programmer. I'm saying this because google has gone to great lengths to make AS3 turn into damn near anything and microsoft is enabling it to some degree. Now if they would just add typedefs and enums to AS3 it would actually make sense to choose AS3 as the unifier language.

sickOf:* =
                            {
                            guessing:my way,
                            through:unstructured,
                            banana:fart,
                            objects:that,
                            dont care:what I,
                            litmus:corkscrew,
                            put in:them
                            };

AS3 + enums and typedefs would be C(summin) without the bullshit. Let whatever is running it worry about garbage collection and cacheing memory and everything that isn't a super basic type is already by reference. That's why I program in Haxe. It's As3 with enums and typedefs, although I do have to fuck with memory sometimes. My next level is getting rid of openFl. I'm going straight down to Lime. Going lower than Lime would be dumber than programming in 1's and 0's. There's nothing to work with. I'd have to remake everything I am already using from the very bottom up. I'm going to have to do that with lime but not from the very bottom. At least I get a few basic APIs to work with.

@wait wtf are you talking about? ~ Exactly

I was exactly talking about how I managed to take a 10 year old adobe product and halfway or better turn it into a level editor by hacking it's resources. I'm not sure why anybody thought fucking chicken batter was more interesting, warranted or acceptable...to be totally fucking honest. To get back on topic a bit... I was right. Using little chunks of my game engine I could rebuild a new StagePlayer.exe that would ice the cake on turning Adobe Flash CS5 into a level editor. Why is that totally fucking awesome? Can you build the hud and everything in your level editor and see what everything looks like real time? Nah, I knew you couldn't cause I have used all those editors and none of them do that. There is no reason why I couldn't place RTL's and everything in the scene and immediately see what the results will be. Basically it would be like running my engine with click and drag capabilities added to all the elements in the scene.

But you want to talk about chicken....It's OK. I don't lack focus or clarity regarding the possibilities I explain. I realize I can't expect everyone to read and realize what I haven't said.
                            Last edited by MadGypsy; 12-26-2016, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Some day, I hope to meet Colonel Sanders. And perhaps, he will be General Sanders, or Admiral Sanders or even possibly Bernie Sanders when that time comes.

But I still don't know what's supposed to be on that spoon, nor why.

Perhaps time will tell.

How are you going to meet a dead man?
                              (I suppose you could dig him up)

Comment

Working...
                              X