Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I completed elementary school...

Just a note to avoid confusion:
    In my country, elementary school is basically grades 1 through 9, so it's fairly different than any system you people are used to. And no, we don't have middle school. We actually say "srednja škola" which literally means "middle school" but it actually refers to high school. High school is grades 10 through 14 and college is from 3 to 6 years, depending on the degree.

Finally, this is something I've been waiting for 9 years already. I wonder, what will happen in high school?

Speaking of which, I'm planning to sign up for an electro-technical high school in Mostar. It's pretty much what the name says. I.T., tech, electronics etc. Best part about it: we won't have biology, chemistry, music class, geography and such boring subjects.

In my school, we don't learn how to compose music. We don't even have a piano, except the one in the basement. Instead, we just learn about the composers and we learn the same music periods over and over again (baroque, classicism etc.).

My parents were telling me to go to the gymnasium in Stolac, which is a general high school. I'd have the same, boring subjects, but at least that's much closer to my home. However... it wouldn't prepare me well. Why on Earth would I need to know Latin, biology, chemistry, geography, history and all those general subjects if I want to work something completely unrelated to those? (i.e. I.T.)

They think that a gymnasium is enough for this college called F.I.T. in Sarajevo - "Fakultet Informacijskih Tehnologija" - "College of Information Technologies".
    No, I need that electro-technical school because instead of 2 to 4 classes of I.T. per week (in the gymnasium), I'd get 10 or so classes per week.

I.m.o. the first year of this ETS in Mostar will be the most difficult, since we will have some of these general subjects (like history), but later on, we'll be split according to our preferred course. I'd go for their latest one, (oh, these names are so odd in English) "electro-technician of information technologies". It's so cool, they even have robots.

The only 2 things I'll sacrifice are:
    • Some of my time, daily

I'll have to take the bus every day very early. Only in the 1st and 3rd year. The 2nd and 4th years are in the day shift, so I'll still take the bus every day, but not as early.

• The ability to expand the map of my school

To be honest, my classmates are pretty much satisfied with the old one, so there's no need to unnecessarily make a v2.

Anyway, let's see what else is going on...

I've found a lot of new songs to listen. It seems that I switched from war folk to turbo folk again...

My auntie from the USA said that they won't come because one of the elderlies in her family got sick. That's terrible news for my PC. I hope everything gets better.

The only thing which might go as well as it should is perhaps my bank account. I still haven't opened it, but I'm planning to.

I went to Facebook after so many years... because I need to follow the high school's page so I can keep up with some things. Also, I found that guy who went in my school and is now going to that high school so I could ask him questions, which I did. Going there doesn't seem that hard.
    Before that, I updated my avatar and the cover photo. 2 days later, over 30 likes! xD
    Basically, I got more likes in 2 days than in my whole time being on Facebook.

I went to the prom, a few days before our last day of elementary school. I can only say that it wasn't so interesting, but I did take photos with my classmates, and I met my old teacher, who was my teacher from 2nd to the end of 5th grade. She hasn't changed at all.

Hmm, what else? Oh, I had tried out Tunngle. It's so much better than Hamachi. I'll probably never go back to Hamachi. :]

I found a very good Russian keyboard layout. It's basically QWERTY, but with Russian letters corresponding to each transcript. E.g. if I press S on my physical keyboard (which is a German QWERTY), I'll get a C, which is the Cyrillic S. It's so cool, and much faster for me.

Now I'm finishing de_kobbl and planning to start working on some Far Cry projects.
    de_kobbl is my current CS 1.6 map in progress. I'll get paid for it, because it's for a clan and they want it. Oh, this is exciting.

And, an end message:
    To all of you who have any exams left, good luck! Enjoy summertime later on.

P.S. I didn't know that this site even had a set of fonts to use in posts.

I try to refresh in my memory, what I thought about when I graduated from elementary school. There definitely were no such plans like you have, I did not think about the college or the future and lived the moment I had. You have a goal and already clearly understand what you need and what you don't, that's a luck! I wish all the best with your plans. If you'll need any help with the writings, find me at <admin removed spam link>. I can help with the research works or term papers
    Last edited by Efess; 07-24-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks, even though I'll most likely not consider it.

Also, I'm thinking that you are a bot.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Admer456 View Post

Well, that's your opinion

Comment

Comment

The fuck, those things can answear?!
              I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
              My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

Comment

Originally posted by jayshawn View Post
                Well, I'm thinking you're a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit.

Comment

Originally posted by jayshawn View Post
                  Now I'm thinking that you're a human, but I'm still having some doubts. xd

Comment

What can I add?

- It is interesting that you have a goal so young. I had a classmate that began working right after ending elementary school and he is doing well, now that he is close to 40.

- If you want to find cheap good keyboards, flea markets are your friends, but i don't think it will work on Mostar, so it will probably be better if you try in Sarajevo if you can. I think there was one west of the train station but i don't remember well, it was several years ago that i lived there for a bit.

- Not having middle school is not something strange, more like the opposite: most countries, in Europe at least, did not have it since recently. For example, where I am from it just appeared 20 years ago.

- Those ''boring subjects'', even if they don't look like that they work for something, work for everyday life and help for not getting fooled easily. Yes, even philosophy or music has that kind of uses.

Good luck!

Comment

Relative SPAM. In some portion of the future this SPAMBOT shit might actually be useful. Of course it will be called AI but, it will still essentially be a SPAMBOT. I bet it will mostly cease in comment sections and directly message with you some "push notification" when you trigger some keyword.

WhetherYouLikeItOrNotHelperBot: "I noticed you were searching for {insert query} at {Date:Time} here are some (sponsored) suggestions that we recommend."
                      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I'm starting to think this spambot invasion is all my fault.

Comment

Poor Admer456......
                          ADMER SUKO- THE SPAMBOT MAGNET
                          Dude,lets party!
                          Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

ŠUKO*
                            There's a difference between S and Š (pronounced like Sch in German) in South-Slavic.
                            (uh oooh, now you know my last name!)

Also, welcome back ijazz. It's been a while.

Edit: Hmm, well, I forgot that characters like these can't be displayed here. Looks like you'll have to look up the Bosnian alphabet.

Comment

Thank you,I just got back into Quake after a Half-Life craze.Half-Ratsarasomnia wouldn't run (client.dll not found and sh*t) and I decided to get a more solid grip on game modding.
                              I felt lazy while typing so I couldn't find the Š.
                              Your name is pronounced "Shoe-co",right?
                              Come to India and you will see your name become pronunciation acrobatics practise material....can't believe only a few people in every class know good English.
                              Dude,lets party!
                              Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X