London Police Vs. Guy w/Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
    Secondly, if it's legal, the govt collects huge taxes from it. If you ask me, these cöcksuckers don't fucking DESERVE another revenue stream before they can learn to properly budget and live within their means. They have a bad habit of incessantly raising taxes and squeezing the working class fuckhead when they can't afford the bills for all the crazy shit they wanna do in a year. They need an incentive to chill the fuck out and learn to live within their means just like the rest of us are forced to do when they keep taxing us to death.
    I'm pro-legalization myself, but I agree with you here that taxation is a huge turnoff. I don't wanna stuff money into some crusty old man's pockets. My main justification is essentially snuffing out the illegal market and basically giving way to a new business, as well as having safe providers i.e. cigarette counterparts Marlboro and Camel. I'm not a smoker myself though, so it really doesn't affect me either way.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

You don't want marlboro or camel selling you weed. These companies already put a ton of shit in their tobacco to make it more addictive and burn faster. There is nothing safe about tobacco so, why would your weed be safer if it came from a tobacco company?

Really, the tobacco companies know they are killing you and care only about making a buck. Have you ever bought or seen a pack of cigarettes with some kind of an insert that provides you with some kind of help to quit? How much money has the cigarette industry willingly spent on programs to help you quit? Why hasn't the cigarette industry shut itself down for the betterment of humanity? The bottom line is they don't give a shit about your safety and marijuana would just be a 2.0 way for these same companies to rip you off and possibly harm you at your expense.

You want the ability to buy directly from the grower. You will not find a cheaper solution. As far as safety goes, the government doesn't provide any safety what-so-ever. Consider a restaurant... the government forces restaurants to undergo an inspection every 6 months or so and people think that inspection ensures their food is safe. You know what ensures your food is safe? The restaurant wants you to come back and poisoning you is not a good way to make sure you will. The inspections are laughable, as well. I worked at the nastiest restaurant in this city at one time. It should have been condemned and burnt to the ground. Inspections were little more than some guy that doesn't give 2 fucks walking around and ignoring everything that is wrong. Let's not overlook the fact that I could poison the shit out of you no-matter-what and no form of government regulation could stop me. Weed is no different. Growers want you to buy their product and therefore attempt to provide you with the best possible product so you will buy more. Also growers are usually very passionate about their product and plants so, adding ammonia to it so it will burn faster and other such things (that the cigarette company will do) is not very likely. Adding things to the weed would also create a higher overhead causing them to charge more. Their price would cease to be competitive with the pure stuff and their business would attract less customers.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-09-2017, 03:28 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

See, that makes sense to me, but there's also the economic factor. Then again, can't do much with your money when you're poisoned to death.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

Comment

Well the key difference between tobacco and marijuana is that tobacco (nicotine) is addictive and marijuana (Tetrahydrocanibinol) is merely "psychologically addictive", which is comparable to saying "I'm addicted to chocolate milk!" No, you really like chocolate milk, but if you don't get any for a 72 hour period, nothing will happen.

There's also the misconception perpetrated by the anti-smoking lobby that tobacco companies chock their product full of harmful things. They have an agenda to end smoking, and they don't care if you get a false impression about reality concerning tobacco. The truth is that tobacco is ALREADY a deadly product. Most of the harmful compounds that the anti-smoking lobby list as being in tobacco are natural byproducts of the process of burning tobacco leaves. Carbon monoxide, tar, arsenic, etc, most of it is natural. Salad is good for you, but if you wilt and dry it and then set it on fire, the smoke will contain carbon monoxide. What tobacco companies actually do to alter their product is the usage of ammonia fumes in the curing process to make the leaves dry/cure faster while retaining a higher level of nicotine which is usually diminished through evaporation during the curing process. They also burn hardwoods like hickory in the curing barns to smoke the place up and distribute that smell and flavor across every leaf in the curing barn to make every individual leaf taste more uniform after curing. Burning tobacco creates carcinogenic compounds. Burning particular hardwoods like hickory and oak also creates even more carcinogenic compounds. So... it's not like tobacco companies are rubbing their hands together and twisting their evil handlebar mustaches while they contemplate all the evil they can do in the world.

Honestly the worst things they truly "add" to their product is in the rolling paper. The rings in the paper that help the cigarette burn evenly without running down one side contains a small amount of gun powder. The white paper contains bleaching agents that once burned produce more byproducts that the anti-smoking lobby pinpoint as evil additives that consumers have no business inhaling.

I'm not saying tobacco companies DO NOT thrive on the misery and slow death of their customers which are held within the grip of addiction. As a former smoker, MOTHERFUCK TOBACCO. They deserve much of the bullshit they catch from the public. But it's not like some guy is holding a lever on a vat releasing rat poison (arsenic) onto the tobacco leaves as it all passes by on a conveyor belt at the cigarette factory. Arsenic is a fairly common compound. It's found in Coca-Cola, pretzels, your kids cereal, that particle board desk you bought at Ikea, the healthy bottled water your old lady always drinks, etc.

Furthermore, on the black market, most people are NOT buying their smoke direct from the grower. By the time it gets to the individual smoker, it's probably changed hands and been paid for by at least 4 different parties, and every time there's gonna be a small increase to the price. How much price increase depends on the bulk size that party is receiving. Luckily, marijuana is quite perishable. Once it's cut, cured and packed, it usually stays packed and wrapped until it reaches the street level distribution to keep it from drying out, which decreases the weight and thus the value of it. I'm not saying "Stepping on" doesn't happen with marijuana, sometimes it does. Street distributors might spray the unpackaged product with something to increase the weight. Sometimes small dealers buy that fake weed shit from head shops and bulk up their shit to increase profits. But the likelihood is rather low compared to other substances. Weed just isn't that lucrative. It takes up a lot of space and fetches a smaller price for that real estate it occupies. There isn't much incentive to use the time and money it takes to increase it's profitability in those ways. ...unless you're talking about some individual dork who's buying 2 ounces a week from his dealer and then breaking that up to parcel it out to his small network of friends. THAT GUY has the incentive to get an extra 20 dollars per ounce because then he can smoke all he wants for free, but the guy who's moving 10 pounds every 2 weeks doesn't give a fuck because the reward isn't worth the effort.

Again, tobacco and marijuana are two different things. Ammonia isn't going to be used on marijuana because there would be no economic advantage to doing so. Not all growers are "passionate" about their product. Maybe the hippies out in San Fransisco care about their product, but Juan who's basically a slave to the north Mexican mafia and spending his summer humping it through the national forest in northern California to a clandestine grow site for 3 months at a time, he doesn't really care how pretty the buds are. And in the larger cities all across the world, it's grow operations like that which are supplying the dirt-poor scumbag pot smokers with cheap seed-laden crap.
          Last edited by Focalor; 06-09-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I hear everything you're saying but, I'm not backing down. It is a fact that the cigarette companies put ammonia in their cigarettes to make the tobacco burn faster and other things like caffeine have been added to cigarettes to make them even more addictive.

Also, just because marijuana is not addictive does not mean chemicals can't be added to marijuana to create an addictive product.

If the cigarette companies wanted to end smoking they would simply stop making cigarettes and create cessation programs that are the only way to acquire nicotine products. Those products would be supplied to you through the program in an ever-decreasing amount.

Oh! And! Regardless if I ever read anything about cigarette companies making their tobacco more addictive I have personal proof. I switched to organic tobacco at one point and even though the tobacco was stronger with a higher nicotine content it took weeks for my body to drop alternate cravings I had, no matter how many organic cigarettes I smoked. I would be so juiced up with nicotine trying to fight these alternate cravings that I wanted to puke but no matter what I did there was something else I wanted that was not in my organic tobacco. It didn't last long though... a couple/few weeks and the alternate cravings were gone.

@So... it's not like tobacco companies are rubbing their hands together and twisting their evil handlebar mustaches while they contemplate all the evil they can do in the world.

Yeah, actually that's exactly what it is like except replace "all the evil they can do" with "all the money they can make". The faster your cigarette burns the more you will buy and the more addicted you get the less chance you will quit. Do you honestly believe that an entity that knowingly creates and sells a product that is proven to damage and kill you is a good entity? Don't be brain dead, bro. Nobody profiting from the sales of tobacco wants you to quit and they know damn well you are gonna die from their profit. You said it yourself with banded rolling papers. They're more worried about creating a perfectly burning death stick than what that will do to you. Their entire business model is to attract you to their death product and then prey on your new-found addictive weakness. Much of this has been done through marketing that makes cigarettes seem cool to youngsters and the trickle down peer pressure those groups will give others.

Do you smoke? If so, why? Were you informed before you started? Did you just wake up one day and decide smoking was a necessary life choice? If you do smoke, how many times in your life have you made sure you had cigarettes before any other thing, including needs? What logical person truly decides to add new unnecessary debt and addiction to their life? Chances are, if you smoke, you weren't really given a choice at all or you didn't perceive one. Maybe your parents smoked and you were addicted before you ever even smoked one. Maybe you were young and impressionable and the "wrong crowd" convinced you you would fit in if you started. I'm 42. I've never really done any hardcore drugs (acid once). What do you think the chances are that I will decide to start smoking crack? The point is, most smokers did not really choose to start smoking... they just think they did. When you very first started smoking (if you do) did you actually like it? Did you like coughing your ass off and all the other natural signs your body gave you to indicate it was bad? For some reason, even with the initial rejection of it by your body you fought through and trained your body to accept it. Why?.... because cigarette companies worked long and hard to condition you and every other smoker and "every other smoker" conditioned "every other other smoker" on their behalf. Everybody hates the government telling them what to do but accepts the tobacco industry tricking/conditioning them into what to do and you will even pay them to provide you with a slow and eventually very painful death that they are well aware they are helping you acquire. But...nobody is twisting moustaches :raised eyebrow:
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 06-09-2017, 06:08 PM.
            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

It seems like you wanna take one thing I said and dive right the fuck off the deep end with it. I never said that tobacco companies weren't headed by terrible human beings with no conscience. But by the same measure, most companies and business ventures would be guilty of being "evil" like you allude to. To be successful, predatory activities are usually explored. Capitalism is fucking great when you're the one doing all the fucking, otherwise you're the one the getting fucked.

Dunno who told you that a tobacco company ever put caffeine in a cigarette. Sounds like twaddle and shite to me. Think about that for a minute. Why would someone combo a less addictive substance with a more addictive substance? It's not going to make the nicotine more addictive. Is putting caffeine in cocaine gonna make the cocaine more addictive? Because the addictive potential for caffeine is probably 100x less than nicotine. But... fuck it. Who gives a shit. I'm wrong. Whatever. Argue away, sir.

Comment

weed is legalized in uruguay but only monsanto can sell the seeds , George Soros was the guy behind the fake "legalization" in uruguay
                the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Monsanto and George Soros in the same sentence...why am I not surprised? Corrupt crony capitalism and left-wing social justice champion have a lot in common, it seems, particularly their desire for power.

EDIT: I couldn't help it, I had to look up the connection between soros and monsanto. It's pretty extensive, unsurprisingly. This sumbitch is like the emperor from star wars, he's got his hand in every cookie jar but somehow manages to stay fairly conspicuous.

Monsanto wasn't too popular where I grew up in central california. They had a operation bout 30 mins away from my hometown. They were known for sueing/shutting down small-time farmers when their 'proprietary' genetically modified corn started growing in a field they didn't own, likely a seed carried by the wind. I used to think that was all anti-corporate/anti-GMO/anti-pesticide bullshit until I did some research. I don't remember all the details now, but I'm sure it's still floating around the internet.
                  Last edited by Dutch; 06-10-2017, 04:56 PM.
                  'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
                    And the students? They're all hardcore leftists that have literally come up to me and tried to argue for communism because they say that "real communism has never been tried." (Reminder that Communism has killed approximately 105 million people in the 20th century alone.) This shit is completely socially accepted too (and encouraged by professors.) We have the most diverse colleges in history, which isn't a bad thing, but the one thing that is most important is that we lack diversity of ideas. Anything that is remotely centrist or right is discarded and you are branded all these horrible things that I personally could never imagine feeling about someone else to begin with.
                    Sigh. Yeah. I dunno what the hell happened. At some point between present day and about 2001, high school and college kids lost the ability to recognize common sense. These dorks read all the usual collectivist/communist/altruist/whatever materials and think, "This sounds really swell! Life would be great if we could implement this!" And if you mention the fact that, "Hey dummy, it's ALREADY been tried. Stalin? Mao?" "Oh, but that wasn't REAL Communism, that was a dictatorship." And here's where the lack of common sense becomes glaringly apparent. Real Communism HAS been tried. Russia was REALLY Communist after Tsar Nicolas abdicated power and the Bolsheviks came to power in Russia at the end of WWI. And it didn't take long for it to devolve into a totalitarian state once Lenin died and certain people started jockeying for power. And Stalin won the struggle... and then murdered all opposition whether it was real or merely perceived. Not exactly the same story in China though. Mao was the main guy, and by the time the Chinese communist civil wars were over, he remained at the top of the mountain for decades afterwards. But just like in Russia, it became necessary for him to become a brutal murderous dictator in order to carry out the Communist political plans and economic/class restructuring. Middle and upper class landowners were murdered by the millions in order to seize their property and redistribute it to the poor. So to anyone looking at the different historical stories of Communism in different locations, it should become apparent that the "idea" of Communism inevitably and ALWAYS devolves into a state of oppressive dictatorship by necessity.

And when that happens... they can kiss their ultra-progressive protesting goodbye. The ruling body won't fucking stand for opposition or unrest, (even in SUPPORT of the status-quo unless it's been officially state sponsored and organized. Because if the state doesn't sponsor it... then someone else is, and they don't want anyone else being ambitious enough to think they can organize anything... they might start getting "ideas" about things that haven't been approved by the State). They brilliantly and vividly personify what Communist revolution is though. They claim they want to make the world a better place for everyone, but they listen to the suggestions of NO ONE when it comes to formulating how it will be. FUCK YOU, IT WILL BE THIS WAY, AND IT WILL BE FAIR, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!
                    Last edited by Focalor; 06-12-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
                      Most of Western Europe is like this
                      Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaa! This statement couldn't be more wrong.
                      ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                      ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
                        France. We have guns. Well... Some of us. Tada, you're wrong as fuck.

Comment

Tell me where in Western Europe can you walk into a gun store, slap your credit card on the table, and walk out with one of these beauties?

........yeah, I didn't think so either.

America. Fuck yeah.

EDIT: the greatest part about this...as I'm typing this post, my neighbors are out enjoying a casual Idaho Sunday afternoon by expending countless rounds of ammunition on their part of the mountain. I think I'm gonna go join them
                          Last edited by Dutch; 06-18-2017, 04:46 PM.
                          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
                            France. We have guns. Well... Some of us. Tada, you're wrong as fuck.
                            Originally posted by Dutch View Post
                            Tell me where in Western Europe can you walk into a gun store, slap your credit card on the table, and walk out with one of these beauties?

Apparently I need to remind you guys that "like this" referred to "Orwellian police state with no free speech, no guns and a state run media." How you translated that into "a killer's paradise" is beyond me... BTW, there is no beauty in something that kills people. Only horror.
                            ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                            ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

Apparently I need to remind you guys that "like this" referred to "Orwellian police state with no free speech, no guns and a state run media." How you translated that into "a killer's paradise" is beyond me... BTW, there is no beauty in something that kills people. Only horror.
                                I don't think anyone described Western Europe as "a killers paradise"... except you... just now.

But speaking to the point of "state run media" in the US, a person would be naive to think that we have a truly free and independent press with a sense of moral duty to the people and the truth. Ever since corporations were given the same consideration as private individual donors and were allowed to make anonymous unlimited contributions to political campaigns, the US government has been snowballing towards... uh... corporatocrasy? So when you have the decidely pro-Republican Fox News and the decidely pro-Democrat ABC News (and pretty much ALL other US news outfits) telling you anything, it's hard to know the truly objective angle to the story since ALL of the news sources are invested campaign contributors with ulterior motives. News no longer becomes just about informing the public about the facts, it becomes a marketing strategy to sell you on a political party. And with all the money they hand over to political campaigns, a person would be foolish to believe that contributing corporations aren't getting special consideration and political favors in return.

'Murica, fuck yeah? Yeah, not so much.

We're not really run by the voting, thinking, discerning, working people anymore. We're run by the Executive Committee at whichever dildo corporation contributed the most money to the elected official. And guess what, even corrupt criminal organizations can buy into the game if they do it under the guise of a legit dummy corporation. Dontcha start to wonder why the news doesn't pitch a royal running shit fit about this stuff? Because they're complicit in the scam too.
                                Last edited by Focalor; 06-19-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X