London Police Vs. Guy w/Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
    BTW, there is no beauty in something that kills people. Only horror.
    Guns don't kill people, the person pulling the trigger does.

Guns very rarely have an offensive purpose. People buy guns for defensive measures, hunting, sporting events, target shooting, or out of sheer enjoyment of mechanical value. I'm all of the above. I love machines that are fine-tuned to a specific purpose. Guns, cars, computers, chainsaws, CNC equipment...all badass, all designed for fit, form, and function, and all testaments to human ingenuity.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

There is no beauty in something that kills people? Challenge accepted.

Tigers kill people. Tigers are beautiful creatures.

Davinci's statue of David is considered a beautiful work of art. But it's a 17 foot tall hunk of marble and weighs over 12,000 pounds. If it fell over and landed on you, it could easily kill you.

Outer space is full of beauty and wonder. But alas there is no oxygen there, and without oxygen, you choke and die.

All this to say... to each his own. Some people DO find beauty even in the most horrible things. Genocide is terrible, but a mountain of human skulls could be considered aesthetically pleasing and valuable. Because each one of the skulls required a woman to carry a baby for nine months and then give birth to it and raise it for 18 years or so, and then a few decades after being born, that person met their brutal horrifying end. That alone gives that stack of skulls a sense of rarity and worth, in addition to the fact that when you look at it, you go, "HOLY FUCK, that's a lot of death." and it makes you think about the frailty of man and your own mortality... which is kind of beautiful in a way, right? Or maybe it just scares the living shit out of you and makes you wonder how a human being could do that to another living feeling human being, and then you think about it and realize that mankind has done this to one another for centuries upon centuries, and you come to realize the brutal truth that deep down, each and every one of us are capable of the most horrible things imaginable. And just knowing that unsanitized unapologetic truth, that the world is a true yin-yang of both the most ugly horror-laden things as well as the most beautiful serenely peaceful things,... is a thing of beauty.

Then again... maybe you're just a really fucked up sociopath like me who enjoys the suffering of others. The world is full of all kinds.

I guess it's a good thing I don't live in France. Because if I wrote this kinda shit on a permit application, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even let me buy a staple gun.
      Last edited by Focalor; 06-19-2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
        I don't think anyone described Western Europe as "a killers paradise"... except you... just now.
        Dutch said: "Tell me where in Western Europe can you walk into a gun store, slap your credit card on the table, and walk out with one of these beauties?"

Originally posted by Dutch View Post
        Guns don't kill people, the person pulling the trigger does.
        Oh come on, you're an intelligent man, you know what I mean! Guns should only be used for hunting food, not people. No manufacturing feat erases the atrocities they allow.

Challenge accepted.
        Jeez, you guys are really pulling my leg on this, aren't you? Do I really have to specify "something that man designed with the intended purpose to kill"?
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Well that's exactly what I was talking about as well. Implements of death and wanton destruction can be beautiful to the right person. An atomic bomb can kill millions of people in less than one second, and I for one find the fact that humans have evolved to become intelligent enough to create such a device to be absolutely awesome and wonderful. I'm also quite pleased that my native country, the United States, has been the only nation crazy enough to actually USE one on a live population. Scratch that, use TWO on live populations.

I would caution anyone against attempting to remove firearms from the civilian population. We can THINK we've evolved into a society of peaceful civilized peoples, but it will never be true. Nature is the struggle for survival. Take away the gasoline or the electricity or the water or any other major commodity, and you'll quickly see how naive it was to believe we've progressed as a species to become more civilized. Civilization is dangling by a thread. Most people would be completely and utterly FUCKED if the flow of gasoline stopped indefinitely. Pretty soon the grocery stores would run out of food because shit isn't getting delivered anymore. Not long after that, people would start starving to death... or killing each other for their food stashes.

We live in carbon copy houses in rows of a billion like a row of corn growing in a field. We zone out watching our TVs and fucking off on our internet, and we never even consider what life would be like without these things. We've been conditioned to not consider those possibilities. But when you DO consider everything, you come to realize that we're just naked animals wearing cotton shit over our dicks, living in wooden boxes in the middle of the wilderness to keep the animals and bugs out, but even so, we're still living in the dirt with bugs and other animals. I'm not a Satanist, but the Satanic Bible does have one "statement" that I find particularly true.

Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!

In essence... once you've stripped away the flimsy dream-like civilization we live in, you find that the planet is a truly harsh place and survival is nearly impossible on your own. However, as deadly and dangerous as the world itself might be, it doesn't compare to the other members of your own species. A tiger will just kill you. But another human will befriend you, gain your trust, and then kill you for their own personal gain. And the last thing you'll ask with tears in your eyes before you die is "Why?".

Wow. That was all philosophical and shit, right? Look at me, all fuckin' cultured and deep.

Comment

I find something inherently wrong in considering the A-bomb wonderful in any way. Did it stop the Japs? Sure, but at what cost?

Pretty soon the grocery stores would run out of food because shit isn't getting delivered anymore. Not long after that, people would start starving to death... or killing each other for their food stashes.
            Or rather start growing their own food again. It worked just fine for millenia. There sure would be a handful of stupid fucks that'll think it's cool to steal people's crops and make their lives miserable, but even in the Wild West outlaws weren't the norm. The majority of people lived their lives without feeling the need to become bastards. Have a little more faith in Humanity.

and we never even consider what life would be like without these things.
            Mankind is by far the most adaptable and resilient species to have ever walked the Earth. I'm not worried about that.

Comment

@bfg

Do you know what 3-gun competitions are? Basically a timed obstacle course where the participant uses a handgun, an MSR (modern sporting rifle like the one I linked a picture to above) and a shotgun to take down metal and paper targets. Its a lot of fun, it tests your endurance, accuracy, and response under pressure. Just an example of a non-hunting sport that one of these rifles excels at. I'm just trying to show that they are a tool/hobby. Sure, they could be misused, but so could a baseball bat.

Comment

Yeah, I know it can be fun to play mock-up war. Hell, I'm an avid FPS player and I've also played a fair amount of Laser Tag games in my youth. It's when you remove the mock-up part that the fun stops.

Comment

I find something inherently wrong in considering the A-bomb wonderful in any way. Did it stop the Japs? Sure, but at what cost?
                  Precisely. YOU find something wrong with it. I, on the other hand, find nuclear weapons to have been wonderful inventions. Because of nuclear weapons, large nations have not engaged in direct war with one another since the end of WWII. Nukes, which are the most horrifyingly efficient methods of killing hundreds of thousands of people at a time, have done more to promote world peace than any religion or popular movement ever devised in the history of man... go figure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4kzCBQg-qQ[/ame]

Or rather start growing their own food again.
                  Sure. But how do you grow a loaf of bread? How do you grow a steak. How do you grow spaghetti noodles? My point is most people don't have a clue how to grow things, much less obtain the things necessary to make the other things, much less know the techniques to turn those things into other things. And in the city, there's really nowhere to grow ANYthing.

Personally, I do NOT know how to make a loaf of bread. I'd be FUCKED in the apocalypse because I love me some sammitches. I'd be all sad and shit eating my bread-less sammitches. Unless... I kidnapped an Italian woman and made her make my bread. Italian women know how to make bread right? Cuz my old lady's Greek, and this bitch's bread is that flat pita shit. You can't make sammitches with that. I mean... you can. But they'll be sammitches of sadness and crushed dreams.

Personally, if the shit hits the fan, I'm gonna steal, kill, and fuck over anyone I have to preserve and protect me and mine. Tough titties to whoever doesn't feel the same. It's prison rules, bitch.

Have a little more faith in Humanity.
                  I used to... but then I started being realistic.

I still say that killing people isn't always bad. Some people need to be killed. And honestly, since the advent of nuclear weapons, the subsequent period of no wars between major nations and no casualties of war which would normally act to regulate those nations populations... now more than ever, we need to start killing people. The fatherland needs Lebensraum for all these ugly people! EVERYONE STOP FUCKING! IT'S MAKING RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC WORSE!
                  Last edited by Focalor; 06-20-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Because of nuclear weapons, large nations have not engaged in direct war with one another since the end of WWII. Nukes, which are the most horrifyingly efficient methods of killing hundreds of thousands of people at a time, have done more to promote world peace than any religion or popular movement ever devised in the history of man...
                    We'll see about that when some mad fuck like Kim Jong-Un gets his hands on the doomsday device... which seems to be for not too long from now.
                    how do you grow a loaf of bread?
                    Seriously? Making bread is easy as fuck. Flour+water+salt+oven=tadaa! Cows pretty much grow themselves as long as they have grass and water. Noodles are a little trickier than bread but it's still easier than many things you probably do on a daily basis.
                    most people don't have a clue how to grow things, much less obtain the things necessary to make the other things, much less know the techniques to turn those things into other things. And in the city, there's really nowhere to grow ANYthing.
                    Most people aren't stupid enough to let themselves die of starvation. They would learn either by experience or from the ones who know. Mankind is way more resourceful than you seem to realize. And do you really expect them to stay in the city if it becomes unsuitable for living?

Comment

Cows don't really grow themselves. They can be quite problematic and expensive to raise. I do it. Not as easy as it looks on the surface. They're susceptible to all kinds of diseases, and even losing ONE from a small herd of 20 can devastate your profit margin. And they don't just fuck and reproduce on their own... unless you want the bulls to possibly injure your heffers. You have to inseminate them, and the process is pretty fucking gross and "hands-on". If you want them to build leaner muscle mass to increase their value at sale, you have to pay for lots and lots of feed that you give them regularly, and the feed isn't cheap. But on the plus side, if you feed them the RIGHT kinda feed, you sometimes find fun little mushrooms growing in the shit piles. Winky winky.

Comment

injure your heffers.
                        Heh, I swear I first read that as "injure your heffners", as in Hugh Heffner.

Comment

Originally posted by focalor
                          Personally, if the shit hits the fan, I'm gonna steal, kill, and fuck over anyone I have to preserve and protect me and mine. Tough titties to whoever doesn't feel the same. It's prison rules, bitch.
                          There are some places where that would likely decrease your odds of survival. Rural places where tight-knit communities are common and the chances of any given person having a firearm approaches 1 to 1.

When everyone has a gun, and you can't simply fuck them over at will without getting into a gun fight, it forces you to reconsider just how much their can of soup is worth.

Comment

I live just around the bend from the foothills of the North Georgia mountains. Yeah, we all got guns. And I still say that.

I'm not a TOTAL asshole. The second the power goes off, I'm not gonna go next door with an axe and some pipe bombs. But if the powers been off for 3 weeks and my pantry is slap empty and my old lady is whining about hunger pains... those assholes next door... they were nice, and they will be missed, haha.

Comment

I'm not a TOTAL asshole. The second the power goes off, I'm not gonna go next door with an axe and some pipe bombs. But if the powers been off for 3 weeks and my pantry is slap empty and my old lady is whining about hunger pains... those assholes next door... they were nice, and they will be missed, haha.
                              As hilarious as this was to read, only 2 words come to mind.

"DOUBT IT"

I was in a competition with some of my co-worker's for our firearm's continued training course and I thought for sure I had everyone on my squad beat on the shotgun course. Not only was my time slower than the 63 year old co-worker but he also hit 8 of 8 targets as I only hit 7 of 8 and exactly 1.2 seconds slower. Only reason I thought I would have beaten everyone out is because I go to the range and all training classes more than any of my co-workers do during the year. So use this as if it were your neighbor, If you think you will be a faster draw to get that food and make them go missing, you might be surprised if they don't get the jump on you first.

Comment

My neighbors are not gun people though. His old lady is a skinny little overly-tanned whore (I plead the 5th on that one, hint hint) with fake tits who, even though she was born in Georgia, she still talks like one of those annoying valley girls from Cali. Yeah, they're THOSE kinda people.

BLEH. We do know I'm just joking around, right? No, I'm not gonna kill my fucking neighbors, haha! But sometimes when I bump into her outside in the yard... I do like to fantasize about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X