A whole new meaning to the term "camping"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole new meaning to the term "camping"

I bought a tent for an upcoming school/club trip. I'm going to Louisiana for an astronomy-related thing. The place is completely isolated from city lights so you can supposedly see the Milky Way really well, and even see things like satellites go by.

So I have this tent for the trip but I plan to use it for other little trips, maybe go camping some.

So yeah....you can call me a "camper" now

SURFER GIRL: NICE TENT

Comment

Nice tent

I must say though, I am a bit perturbed by just how much of QuadRaptor I have seen by simply checking this site regularly.

Then again, I dont have a pic of me on here at all.
      Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Camping is great, 2 essentials are :Beer and Steaks.
        ps : dont forget the cuttlery and the forks , this creates a finger-food issue
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

You forgot the chic

And remember to camp in strategic places such as the Red Armour, RL or Quad

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow View Post
            I must say though, I am a bit perturbed by just how much of QuadRaptor I have seen by simply checking this site regularly.
            My brother is a little obsessive with landscape photography, so every so often he'll get a pic with me in it. I'm just like, "What the hell, I'll put this up on QuakeOne."

Comment

rofl

Comment

I just knew there had to a pic of Surfergirl somewhere!! GJ Monster!!!

Comment

QR, what part of Louisiana?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

This is the thing:

http://www.stargazing.net/dsrsg/

The place is called Camp Ruth Lee, and is near Norwood. I just looked up "Deep South Regional Stargaze" and found that site for it.

Comment

Ahh, that's a couple of hours from me. Clicky

I've marked it towards the bottom.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...d_apophis.html

Here's a good one to be on the look out for. Of course you will have to fly to Asia or North Africa to see this. What really scares me are the ones they can't manage to see until they are right on top of us. How does THAT happen?? In Texas we would just camp out on the grass and watch the meteor storms. It was pretty cool. But I'm right with your brother. Give me something with substance Cool tent though. Alot better then the orange pup tent that I had. ;Þ
                        www.Net-Tyme.com
                        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

One of the people that went to this thing before said she saw a few satillites go by and she could clearly see them.

The Milky Way is also supposed to look awesome from there.

Comment

If you see some UFO, tell me.

Comment

Working...
                            X