HDTV makes me laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDTV makes me laugh

I saw this article on the pcmag site, describing the complications of setting up an HDTV.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2020893,00.asp

Of satellite TV, digital cable, HDTVs and I still don't have much interest in owning any of them. Everyone with any of the above has 6 remote controls sitting around and you have to ask someone how to change the channel or start a DVD and if you press the wrong button it takes them 30 minutes to figure out what happened, which I think is a joke.

/satellite TV is so dumb, there still isn't anything on and it takes 10x longer to find the 6 or 7 decent channels, which anyone with standard cable already has.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Basic cable is all I need and only because for some mysterious reason... Once Cable started booming my antena wouldn't pick up the primary stations anymore!! I could only get one UHF station and chan. 2/5/9. all the others went to crap.
    www.Net-Tyme.com
    Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
    Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I gave up on antenna TV a long time ago because all I could pickup was Public Broadcasting Station lol
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I'd like HDTV just to watch sports in a much clearer picture. If you have actually seen a regular and HDTV together you'd clearly see the difference.

Comment

I think everyone wants the clearer picture, I'd love to have that.

It just blows my mind that the manufacturers can't seem to keep it simple. A TV is glorified monitor, it should have an ON/OFF button and a remote control and the fact they can't seem to manufacturer such a device is almost beyond comprehension.

People buy console games (XBox, PS, etc.) because PC games are often a hassle. I don't see HDTV truly catching on until they manage to keep it simple.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
          X