More Addictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Addictions

Now I'm not someone to go crazy for something (on this muthafuckin plane) but I have to say, recently I've been sucked into an immensely addictive "game"

You may have heard a bit about Second Life, its enormous world, its large community, its quite massive object database all made by players (or residents). I recently signed up for a free account (yes, you can play for free just as well as someone who's paying) and have had my mind completely blown.

It's hard to get used to at first, but once you get down the interface and travel plans, it becomes an amazing experience and a true "second life".

Getting things isnt particularly difficult either. While some of the richer residents (those who pay actual dollars) can afford ritzy clothes and fancy hats, it's simple to get freebie clothes of equal quality. The coolest part is that every single object I'm wearing in the following pics was made by residents, NOT Linden (the owners of the Second Life servers)

Travel can be accomplished many ways, teleportation, flying (like Superman!), Planes, Helicoptors, Cars, Space Ships, Motorcycles, and my personal favorite: Hoverboards : D

(and they have guns!)

Some Ownage Pics of Me-

Smooth moves at the Club

Ah, my hoverboarding passion

Again, raddity.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Looks entertaining

Comment

It's AMAZING, especially the clubs with live DJs (think Qradio with live music : D)

Comment

so what is it? where is the uber l33t link to click on?

Comment

I thought that was self-explanatory : D

www.secondlife.com

And the name is completely literal : D

Comment

its is but im drunk and lazy mind u

Comment

It's a great game, my friend have it. I always wanted to play, but my PC have a virus or something that doesn't allow me to open most of the programs.

The only way to solve it seens to be using the Windows XP CD (which I lost). If anyone knows another way to fix it, tell me here or just PM!

Comment

i played that game before for like a couople days. then i got bored. lol. It lags my comp to hell, get 10 fps with it on max settins. kindda lame for the shit graphics it has.

Comment

You have to realize that the entire world basically loads at once at optimized settings, which is too much for even uber-comps to handle. I had the same problem until I turned down my view distance. Now it's quick and runs fine.

And the graphics are better than WoW, and I DIDNT pay 50 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank View Post
                    And the graphics are better than WoW, and I'm not paying 50 bucks a month.
                    Just correcting you for the pure justice of how much a rip off WoW is

Comment

Actually, because I'm speaking in the past tense, mine is correct. I downloaded second life much like I would have bought WoW. If I was downloading Second Life and buying WoW it'd be a different story : D

And it's 15 bucks a month. (My WoW obsessed friends...)

Comment

Updizzidy Date-

By far my favourite picture of all time.

Wearing a KISS shirt that I designed, a Hat I bought, with a brand new box of cigars : D (I actually cracked and payed 1.50 of my money and got about 400 bucks to spend)

Comment

Working...
                        X