Weird Boot-Up Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Boot-Up Delay

Hey guys, I haven't been around much since I've been so addicted to Guild Wars. I probably won't be really getting into quake again for a WHILE Anyways to get to the problem I'vebeen having..

Sometimes when I start my computer up, and after it finishes the windows xp logo, I hear a noise coming from both of my hard drives(sounds like they are spinning down/going into standby mode), and the monitor says "No Signal" and the green light turns orange. Then it sits there for 1 min-2mins and does nothing. After that 1-2 mins, I hear the hard drive spin back up and it loads back into windows with no problems. This only happens periodically (seems to happen most of them time when I start up my computer in the mornings). Other than this , nothing else seems to be out of the ordinary during the boot process. I have had this problem ever since I got the computer and its really been getting on my nerves.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to fix this? I've looked around in my BIOS, and searched on the net, found nothing that really specified my problem. Heres my dxdiag.txt (couldnt put the whole thing in , had to dleete some stuff , or else it wouldnt fit (original file was 50kb)

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Monster; 10-14-2006, 01:34 PM.

That's really odd. Maybe Baker or C*S can help you out...

Comment

Read this, it may be a lead:
      http://www.badcaps.net/
      "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

Working...
      X