X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
    behave
    Originally posted by joao93 View Post
    I don't know what that word means...lol.
    precisely

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
      Spirit wrote:
      I don't know what that word means...lol.

4 results for: behave

View results from: Dictionary | Thesaurus | Encyclopedia | the Web
      Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
      be‧have [bi-heyv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -haved, -hav‧ing.
      –verb (used without object) 1. to act in a particular way; conduct or comport oneself or itself: The ship behaves well.
      2. to act properly: Did the child behave?
      3. to act or react under given circumstances: This plastic behaves strangely under extreme heat or cold.

–verb (used with object) 4. to conduct or comport (oneself) in a proper manner: Sit quietly and behave yourself.

[Origin: 1400–50; late ME behaven (reflexive). See be-, have]

—Synonyms 1. perform, acquit oneself, deport oneself.Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
      Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source be·have (b-hv) Pronunciation Key
      v. be·haved, be·hav·ing, be·haves
      v. intr.
      To conduct oneself in a specified way: The child behaved badly at the party.
      To conduct oneself in a proper way: I told the child to behave.
      To act, react, function, or perform in a particular way: This fabric behaves well even in hot weather.

v. tr.
      To conduct (oneself) properly: Did you behave yourself at the party?
      To conduct (oneself) in a specified way: The witness behaved herself with great calmness.

[Middle English behaven : be-, be- + haven, to have; see have.]

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
      Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
      Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

Main Entry: be·have
      Pronunciation: bi-'hAv
      Function: verb
      Inflected Forms: be·haved;be·hav·ing
      transitive senses
      : to bear or conduct (oneself) in a particular way behave intransitive senses
      : to act, function, or react in a particular way Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

WordNet - Cite This Source

behave

v 1: behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself; "You should act like an adult"; "Don't behave like a fool"; "What makes her do this way?"; "The dog acts ferocious, but he is really afraid of people" [syn: act, do] 2: behave in a certain manner; "She carried herself well"; "he bore himself with dignity"; "They conducted themselves well during these difficult times" [syn: acquit, bear, deport, conduct, comport, carry] 3: behave well or properly; "The children must learn to behave" [syn: comport] [ant: misbehave]

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=1&q=behave

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Well this place has gone to shit in my absense.

Keep up the good work boys.
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Working...
        X