a bit concerning the term "Native American"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a bit concerning the term "Native American"

lets examine this a bit. Native American. a native of America. we find this term much more politically correct than the term Indian. However, lets look at this logically and from a "Native American's" point of view. The Americans betrayed us, stole from us, and commited what can only be described as genocide against us. Personally, I would want to dissaccociate myself as much as possible from Americans, including being called an American. This land that my people once cultivated and cared for as our own was never called America to us. Why in the name of The Great Spirit would I want to be called a Native American? I was never a native of any place called America! Personally, Id rather be called an Indian. Shit, India never took nothin from my forefathers and tried to pass off the mass slaughtering of my people as a "treaty". If you really wanna know what I'd rather be called, try calling me what my people used to call ourselves: the Iraquois, or the Seminole, or the Apache. something like that. fuck all this nationality bullshit.

but this is all just one American's opinion. what do i know

Um...they weren't Americans until they stole the land from the Natives.

Germans are only called Germans in non German speaking Countries. Therefore your logic is once again flawed.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

nothin wrong with my logic at all. that little point you brought up is actually totally irrelivant. who gives a blue fuck what they were called or when they were called it. the settlers could've called themeselves the Banana People at any point after the war with Great Britain, and centuries later, the indians would be bullshitted into believing that they are "Native Banana People". no sir, doesnt work that way. if these banana people are gonna kill my brothers and sisters, no way in hell am i gonna associate myself in any way with them.

and your point about Germans...how does that relate in any way to what im talkin about? it doesnt. Native Americans are known as Native Americans here in the states AS WELL as all other countries. thats what we're calling them. They, themselves, however, still refer to themselves as Indians when talking to the evil Whiteman. I've heard it with my own ears.

Comment

The line of stupidity you've just spewed does not merit replying to. I'm not even gonna touch this one.

Comment

Why did you created this thread anyways lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank View Post
            The line of stupidity you've just spewed does not merit replying to. I'm not even gonna touch this one.
            thats because you cant. my logic is flawless. there isnt even a purpose of debating it, especially not with that pathetic excuse for an arguement you gave above, so you gave up. makes sense

why did i create this thread? because i felt like it. i dont need any other reason than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
              my logic is flawless.
              Oh jesus I'm laughing my ass off.

You obviously need to be brought off your idiotic trip.

America is the name of the country that the Explorers gave it and the following pilgrims decided to accept it as.

Regardless of what the native word for the land was, the "Americans" were the natives, not the pilgrims. We call them pilgrims for a reason.

We DO call the native tribes by their actual names, you obviously don't live in an area with a lot of reservations. Here in Arizona, you're Native American after you're navajo.

Your argument was ridiculous and came from an uniformed white boy trying to justify to himself that he's not a thief like the other non-natives in this country.

I've accepted the fact that the way this country came to be was in a despicable theft that we cover up with lies and stories about our settlement. If we had any intelligence left in this country we'd do a bit more than offer shit land to the real owners of the nation. Canada did something for their First Nation citizens, we've just given away the land that no one else would take.

You lose, good day sir.

Comment

...did you even bother to read the first post of this thread? it really doesnt sound like it, because you arent even refering to the point i was trying to make. no fucking shit, the natives are refered to as natives. they arent exactly native to this land anyway, they migrated here from Europe over the barring straight. but thats not the point. the fact that we refer to them as Native "Americans" is wrong. the people who settled this land are the Americans, not the Natives! Where the hell do you get that from? They didn't found the United States of America, the settlers did! The Natives hated the settlers because of all the bullshit the settlers gave them. And now, the "Americans" want to label them as "Americans" too. If it was me, I would be fuckin pissed that these murdering assholes are trying to lump me into the same group as them. THATS the point i was making. bloody hell, you're dense. wake the fuck up, for christ's sake!

and dont call me a uniformed white boy. im not wearing no damn uniform

Comment

We do not call them Indians out of respect for them. The "Indian" word became as dirty as the word ******. They are Native to this Land.

Pilgrams named this land The Americas. I assume we could have asked each tribe that didn't take trophies what they called it and would have come up with several hundred names for the land. Indians were NOT unified with other tribes by any means.

I'm sure.. If the Indians did not like being called Native Americans they would put up a snit. Hell we have African Americans. They put up a snit for that title. After all this time though.. History that has past.. I'm also pretty sure the name Native American Indians (which is what we DO call them) is acceptable. But please don't call them Indian Americans.. I'm sure they will get pissed at being associcated with another country altogether.

And my dears.. it seems they PREFERRED to be called Native Americans.
                  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Indian
                  www.Net-Tyme.com
                  Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                  Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Take a read in both Canadian and American history books for both truthes

Comment

American Indians, ive heard that term used a lot, actually. theres American Indians, and Indian Americans. American Indians are the natives of this land. Indian Americans are people originating from India who have immigrated to America and gained citizenship.

it makes sense, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                        lets examine this a bit. Native American. a native of America. we find this term much more politically correct than the term Indian. However, lets look at this logically and from a "Native American's" point of view. The Americans betrayed us, stole from us, and commited what can only be described as genocide against us. Personally, I would want to dissaccociate myself as much as possible from Americans.
                        Haha, revisionist history. Gotta love it.

Death Knight, I think someone's got into your head and you bought into it.

Those murdering Native Americans butchered hundreds of thousands of buffalo! It was as bad as the Holocaust for the Buffalo. Everyone is a bad guy.

/ok, that was a joke but you get my point.

No one owns lands; no one ever has. "Ownership" is a make believe right. We learn this when we are kids and other kids try to take our toys.

Every country and all people in history have had to fight for land, property and their rights. Some won, some lost. This was true with 4000 years ago, 2000 years, 500 years ago and today -- look around the world.

The Native Americans "lost" because there were so few of them and so many Europeans -- hundreds of thousands of Native Americans vs. tens of millions Europeans. It isn't wrong, it isn't right -- it is just math.

If you can read this message, thank a teacher; because it is in English, thank a solider.
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

truer words were never spoken.

except now. two plus two equals four. those are some of the most truthful and accurate words ever.

i win.

Comment

"If you can read this message, thank a teacher; because it is in English, thank a solider"

Thank a Teacher for reading? Well.. If the Teacher is my Mom ok. Otherwise.. hahahaha.. get real. Thank a Teacher. rofl.. hahaha.

That line always cracks me up..
                            www.Net-Tyme.com
                            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

hahaha, the native americans butchered buffalo.weeeeeeeeee that was fun.
                              lets do it again

my dad's-dad's-mommmys-mommy (great-great-great?grandmother?) was full blooded cherokee. I never really could work that "Great Great Great" bs, its easier just to say YAH YAH,ONE OF MY GRANDMOTHERS,and call it a day.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X