Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the all new QuakeOne.com!!

Welcome to the all new QuakeOne.com! The web site has been moved to a brand new web host, and the site software (vBulletin) has been upgraded to the most recent version. All previous data, including users and posts, has been converted over to the new version of the site.

We are still in the process of updating the site look and feel. We hope to have this updated shortly. In the meantime we have simply launched the site with the default software templates so as to not keep the site down any longer.

Until we get the site back up and running as it was before, please use http://servers.quakeone.com to find game server stats.

If you find any issues with anything on QuakeOne.com, please let us know in the Site Feedback Forum.

Thanks for your patience!

-Solecord
See more
See less

What are you listening to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you listening to?

Music can be a touchy subject, people treat their favorite styles like a relegion or political affiliation or way of life. So I don't want to hear anyone going "Linkin Park is soo ghey" or "How can u listen to that rap shit?" Just share with us a few of what you got in rotation (limit to 20, dont wana make posts too huge):

I'll start. in no paticular order I'm digging.....

-Missy Elliot
    -Pig
    -White Stripes
    -Saul Williams
    -Busta Rhymes
    -Nine Inch Nails
    -Billie Holiday
    -KMFDM
    -12 Rounds
    -LCD Soundsystem
    -Genitorturers
    -The Dresden Dolls
    -Gorillaz
    -Mindless Self Indulgence

I LIKE METALLL!!! Thrash is my favorite kind. SLAYER is my favorite band ever. I have a ton more, but like Amon said, the limit is 20. These are my favorite 20 I could think of. In no particular order:

-Slayer
    -Metallica
    -Morbid Angel
    -In Flames
    -Black Sabbath
    -Candlemass
    -Death Angel
    -Iron Maiden
    -Lamb of God
    -Meshuggah
    -Vader
    -Sepultura
    -Nile
    -Children Of Bodom
    -Megadeth
    -Exodus
    -Testament
    -At The Gates
    -Kreator

Comment

On the car I heard some ACDC, U2, that other band... you know.... that band...

Comment

what am i CURRENTLY listening to? ooh! very seldom am i actually listening to something to answer one of these threads. cool.

currently listening to Black Sabbath's "No More Tears" tune.

as for music im diggin on lately, um...well, i dont care for a lot of new music. i stick with the classics. by classics, i mean 90's music, of course

AIC is always in my #1 slot (thats Alice in Chains for those of you who dont know). Filter is nice once in a while. Staind gets some props. NIN's new album is nice to play Quake to. some Korn, Metallica, Bush, Tool (lots of that, actually), Pink Floyd, Audioslave, and just a light touch of Nirvana every now and then. this keeps my music thirst quenched nicely

Comment

No More Tears is an Ozzy song, or have I gone mental?

Comment

Ozzy is Black Sabbath. just like people often call the solo work of Rob Zombie "that White Zombie song"

Comment

Tesla.
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Ok, I was just trying to differ the bands Ozzy Osbourne from Black Sabbath. All goooooood

Comment

Seether, Rob Zombie, Finger Eleven.

Half the stuff I like I can't even remember who made it because I Google the lyrics and then buy the individual song off the internet.

I can remember going to The Alrosa Villa and when some bands were playing a couple of years back, thought the music was kick ass, but even now I can't remember who they were. Live music is so much better.

Weird enough, about 3 months after going to the The Alrosa Villa, one of the members of Pantera was shot and killed there. Most people in the Columbus area were shocked.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Sweet another Finger Eleven fan?!?

Bands I've got in rotation on my Winamp playlist:

- Alter Bridge
                    - Audioslave
                    - Finger Eleven
                    - Creed
                    - Nickelback
                    - Dark New Day
                    - Shinedown (love them)

And some individual songs by artists in my playlist:

- The Fray ~ Over My Head
                    - The Mars Volta ~ The Widow
                    - Mayfield Four ~ Mars Hotel
                    - Nine Inch Nails ~ Every Day Is Exactly The Same
                    - Foo Fighters ~ No Way Back
                    - Pearl Jam ~ State of Love and Trust

Comment

Steve, there was a player who usually was half blue and half yellow from a few years back that went by the name "Creed" or maybe "Creedfeed". Was that you? (I don't think it was)
                      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Tool
                        Mars Volta
                        Faith No More
                        Radiohead
                        Deftones

err.. just to name a few. there's more diversity than that in my music collection. musical boundaries are embarassing
                        one quake to rule them all.

Comment

The past few days i've been listening to:

Buckethead "Elephant Man's Alarm Clock"
                          Thanatopsis "Anatomize"
                          Skinny Puppy "Rabies"

note on ozzy/black sabbath, you just can't call "no more tears" black sabbath. tony iommi will chop off the ends of your fingers if he heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                            Steve, there was a player who usually was half blue and half yellow from a few years back that went by the name "Creed" or maybe "Creedfeed". Was that you? (I don't think it was)
                            I've never used CreedFeed in Quake, but I have used the name Creed before. I've never actually stuck to a color scheme before up until I started playing as "steve" (color 10 11). Before that I used whatever.

Comment

At the moment, Shinedown is my favorite band. I use the music from their latest album for the themesongs to my stories:

The Summoning - "I Dare You"
                              Clash of the Cyborgs - "Heroes"
                              Visitors (coming soon) - "Beyond The Sun"

My other bands include:

- Audioslave
                              - Great White
                              - Asia
                              - Journey
                              - Duran Duran
                              - The Offspring
                              - GTR

And I also like (from my brother's favorite bands)....

- Gorillaz
                              - Daft Punk
                              - Creed
                              - Aerosmith
                              - Bon Jovi
                              - Live

Comment

Working...
                              X