Running the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running the table

I haven't seen this in years, but one true demonstration of ownership in Quake is starting a level and getting 50 frags without being fragged even once.

One Shmack, I may have come close to doing this twice with the vampire rune (get health by inflicting damage) a couple of years back.

I don't even know if this is possible anymore because a few years ago it was about 30% LPBs and 70% HPBs. I rarely see a game on any server with a single player so disproportionally superior that would be capable of doing so.

Some players like Chainheart and Quazy I've seen may still be able to do this in modern times, but I doubt it.

(Running the table in rocket arena does occasionally happen, I think I've see Yellow do it once or twice and maybe DFG, and I'm not talking about 2 player RA games.)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Doing such is much more impressive if the game has something such as Spawn Far so youre not near who killed you when you respawn. The worst Ive ever been beaten was on a user map I was not familiar with, and my opponent knew the spawnspot order, and just waited at the next one for me to respawn. It was ridiculous.

Now one time in UT2k3 (a much lesser game, but fun on occassion) in a 6 player deathmatch we had a fraglimit of 25... Well I hit it, and the guy in 2nd place pointed out he could have won because he had 22 frags... until another player mentioned his 28 deaths next to my 0 deaths.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I think I pulled off one of those when I was a huge newb just starting Quake playing LAN deathmatch. But everyone else was newb too so it was pure newb skill

Comment

I have done it many times before, but of course that was when there was not many skilled players on the server.

Comment

Working...
        X