X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George A. Romero died yesterday :-(

I just heard that George Romero died yesterday from lung cancer. :-(
    Sad Day.
    He was the guy who made the films i watched in my youth, and even nowadays every few years. Crazies, Bruiser, Creepshow, the zombie movies... I need a coffee.
    R.I.P. Bub!
    I once was a Ranger like you. But then i took a rocket to the knee.
    My little gore mod : http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...76473-gore-mod

GBNF! His movies never won any Oscars or anything, and honestly, most of them were total cheese, so they really didn't deserve any awards. But... I consider myself a connoisseur of cheese. I like bad movies. And it's not like ALL of his movies were "bad" or even "cheesy". The Dawn of the Dead remake he did in 2004 was AMAZING. I don't think it won any awards, but it should've. It was an instant classic. Nobody had seen zombies SPRINT after your brains before that movie, and it scared the hell outta everyone and revitalized the zombie movie genre. I remember seeing 2005's Land of the Dead in a cheap dirty run down old dollar theater, the kinda place where there was trash, liquor bottles and dried puke on the floors. Now THAT'S how you go see a cheesy Romero zombie flick with John Leguizamo in it. The dirty needles and piss smell and fear that you might witness a murder (or BE murdered) on the way out really builds the suspense and makes the moviegoing experience so wonderful. Of course, can't neglect to mention Creepshow either. Another instant classic. Probably the first horror movie I ever saw as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
      The Dawn of the Dead remake he did in 2004 was AMAZING.
      I agree, it was a solid movie. However Romero had little involvement in the 2004 remake beyond James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) basing his script off Romero's original movie from the 70's.
      Romero made many of my favorite horror movies, and I think he had a true knack for getting under people's skins in the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Focalor View Post
        Nobody had seen zombies SPRINT after your brains before that movie
        That isn't actually the case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Re...he_Living_Dead (1985)

Return of the Living Dead is one of the better zombie movies. You could take the 3 classic movies by Romero and throw this in as a 4th classic zombie movie that was a sequel of sorts without being a sequel.

What they did with Return of The Living Dead is claim that classic zombie movies you've seen were based on a "true story" that really happened but they changed up some of the facts.

Ironically, as far as I can tell, the sequels to The Return of The Living Dead killed the zombie genre for 20 years because they were so terrible.

This movie, while not by Romero, was done by the co-author of Night of The Living who worked with Romero.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Haha, those Return of the Living Dead movies were so bad. But... in a good way. Not all of them. The first one was cool. The second one was kinda boring. But the third one was magnificent golden fetid cheese. It was so terrible. But you got to see Melinda Clarke's titties, so that counts for a WHOLE LOT, haha. It was so bad that it was good kinda on the same level as that old Phil Fondacaro movie, The Creeps where a bunch of midgets played Dracula, the wolfman, the mummy, frankenstein, etc.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129852/...nm_flmg_act_25

Don't you miss movies with midgets? There used to be tons of them. But nobody wants to put any in movies anymore because people think it's degrading to them. FUCK NO, IT AIN'T! THEY GET PAID! They WANNA get paid! Put em back in movies, dammit! Used to be tons of famous midgets. Now there's like.... 2 maybe. Peter Dinklage from Game of Thrones and Vern Troyer who did MiniMe from the Austin Powers movies.

Comment

Working...
          X