Site has spam all over it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site has spam all over it

The site has spam all over it, advertisements etc. Guess we have no one to manage the page anymore? More than half of the admins/mods are never on. Sad to see this site has gone down ever since SoleCord changed it to this version. It really sucks opening this site and all you get is a white page in your face, nice and bright to light up the night.

Yeah. Where is the dark theme when you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTheBermanator View Post
      Yeah. Where is the dark theme when you need it?
      No kidding, I have to dim my brightness on my laptop every time I come here. Solecord should put this darker or do something, this white page is just killing this site, it's bland and boring.

Comment

Hi WL,
        It looks like Sole's last login was 23rd June 2018 and unfortunately the site had already been this way for a year or 2 even by that time. So although I hope he is okay, I regret to say that given the current evidence, I wouldn't expect that it will be fixed anytime soon. Saying that, a mysterious unknown Admin (Mindz?) re-appeared on the scene a few months ago and cleared off a lot of the spammers (which was great) but it's a never ending job and the little blighters have inevitably resurfaced.

Lets hope I'm wrong and Sole has something in the pipeline.

Drive safe good sir

Kind regards
        Monty
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-23-2019, 09:34 PM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
          Hi WL,
          It looks like Sole's last login was 23rd June 2018 and unfortunately the site had already been this way for a year or 2 even by that time. So although I hope he is okay, I regret to say that given the current evidence, I wouldn't expect that it will be fixed anytime soon. Saying that, a mysterious unknown Admin (Mindz?) re-appeared on the scene a few months ago and cleared off a lot of the spammers (which was great) but it's a never ending job and the little blighters have inevitably resurfaced.

Lets hope I'm wrong and Sole has something in the pipeline.

Drive safe good sir

Kind regards
          Monty
          This new update is awesome, no more bright white, a total and complete eye killer, and now eye candy!

Comment

Glad to see the new format. The old one made me cringe. Sup WL!

Comment

Originally posted by Amebix View Post
              Spread the word!
              Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Originally posted by Amebix View Post
                Whats up Amebix, Long time no chat brother, hope all is well.

Comment

Oh the irony, the thread started by WL for members to voice their frustration at the sheer amount of spam this site is suffering from, has itself been infected by one of these Spamming vermin. It almost feels like they are like a sort of pervasive cancer on this site.

I have asked before but I'll give it one last shot - As a member of quite some years now, if someone would be willing to give me adequate user rights, I would be willing to help ban these users ...on sight! If not, then no hard feelings.

Kind regards
                  Monty
                  Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-17-2019, 11:17 AM.
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Working...
                  X