Future Incarnations of EVIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Incarnations of EVIL

I am convinced the following sites will eventually become pure EVIL if they are not already:

1. Google - way too much power
    2. Wikipedia - oh boy. That site used to be neat.
    3. Bugmenot - Ever notice they have no competitors? AT ALL.
    4. YouTube - I have a weird feeling about this
    5. Ebay

I am equally convinced the cable and telephone companies that provide internet access will also become pure EVIL.

1. "AT&T" - Controls huge amount of the USA + a ton of cellular
    2. Verizon - Controls huge amount of the USA + a ton of cellular
    3. Comcast

And I really do expect eventually, Walmart will become EVIL.

1. Walmart - after they run everyone out of business, won't "low prices" become a relative thing? I read some figure out them a week ago, this might be the largest and most deep-prooted company in the history of mankind.

What is it about either humans or is this just the USA that we annoint companies to reign over us like false gods?

It's like we like to pick a "good company" that does an excellent job and then give them enough rope to hang us. At least, this is what I am thinking lately.

If any of those companies decided to gouge the customer, none of us could do anything about it and it'd be as bad as Microsoft.

/End of mini-rant
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

I'm suprised you didn't say anything about Starbucks.

I think Wal-Mart is already evil. I mean, everyone I know hates the place (even someone I talked to today who WORKS there) and yet we keep shopping there.
    Last edited by QuadRaptor; 09-28-2007, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      3. Bugmenot - Ever notice they have no competitors? AT ALL.

Heh, seems like everytime I use them, the information isn't accurate.

And I really do expect eventually, Walmart will become EVIL.

1. Walmart - after they run everyone out of business, won't "low prices" become a relative thing?
      I said this ten years ago.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Intel may eventually become EVIL. They supply nearly all of the OEM products for brands like HP, DELL, etc...
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

There have been a couple specials on tv concerning the status and future of Wal-Mart. It's scary how much wal-mart controls the industry.

Comment

Isn't that child's play? The real problem is TV. Sure there are 200 channels, but the same shit is on all of them (worldwide!) and most people believe everything they see or hear there.

It's influencing perception of the world, social structures, values, role models etc. It's gotten so far that normal people today have a distorted perception of reality. When you tell them, they insist YOU are crazy.

There was this test with school children about what colour cows were. An astonishingly big part of them said "violet" because at the time, there was this commercial with photorealistic violet cows.

You may now substitute "They have weapons of mass destruction" for "cows are violet".

The internet is becoming the same way, too. Something like You Tube is the perfect medium for propaganda.

Also politicians, the few times I see some on TV (dont have a TV anymore) they look like puppets on a string, babbling the same phrases over and over. The sad thing is they have a very limited repertoire, so someone is being sloppy there - and getting away with it. Because voters are long removed from the political process. They just make a cross on some paper. They can't actually vote the existing political caste away. It's cheap theater.

The goal of course is that everybody stops being interested in "politics" or resigns. It's painfully obvious.

It started with monotheism (I will probably get flamed for this). The naturally grown Pagan cultures were brutally overthrown and dominated by warlords who suddenly had a perfect reason to kill all contenders. Thus (relative) freedom and variety were gone and suddenly very few people were in power. It's like what happens when a beehive is taken over by killer bees, same principle. It's terrible. Look it up if you don't know how killer bees do it. It's the most brutal thing you can imagine.

That's what happened to mankind. It's that simple.

Neolithic revolution -> transition from poly-to monotheism -> feudalism -> industrialisation -> fascism.

It's accelerating exponentially, which is pretty unsettling really.

I said in a discussion some time ago that as a starting point, the land should be handed out to the people. Every family should get a piece of earth, so they could theoretically grow their own stuff, and not be homeless. Can't you bet that some really RICH people would be very, very opposed to that. Not to mention that most people have already lost the necessary knowledge somewhere between monotheism (knowledge is sin) and industrialisation.

The ideal citizen in fascism has no culture, knowledge, no property of his own and no control or even knowledge of his situation. He's 100% helpless.

But you don't need me to tell you this.

Personally I'm still wondering if this process is automatic (inevitable). I really don't know if the people feeding this process are "evil" or if it's just the natural evolution.

*shrug*
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Oh and Paganism has no concept of "evil." That's from Monotheism. What you mean is "destructive" right?
              Scout's Journey
              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                Oh and Paganism has no concept of "evil." That's from Monotheism. What you mean is "destructive" right?
                Evil is anything that values self-interest and power with little/no regard for anyone or anything else.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

What golden_boy said.

Comment

*COUGHrageCOUGH*

HI!
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

re: BugMeNot

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                      Heh, seems like everytime I use them, the information isn't accurate.
                      Not only that, but there aren't any alternative sites. And there are browser plug-ins and other things built around them.

They don't allow password storage of certain sites (FilePlanet comes to mind) for whatever reason.

It bothers me that the way the world works is pick some single site/product/company and willingly grant them exclusivity. Sometimes I wonder if the whole world isn't setup that way.

I've been like that too in the past. And it always take a lot of time and energy to remove the "yoke".

Microsoft was just thinking they could force Vista on everyone, that kind of mentality is one thing wrong with the world.

Originally posted by Bam View Post
                      There have been a couple specials on tv concerning the status and future of Wal-Mart. It's scary how much wal-mart controls the industry.
                      I think I read that they control about 30% of the market they are in, which is an extraordinarily large market.

Sometimes it amazes me how low the prices are.

And then I think about how they could raise prices and still be least expensive and it worries me because I don't know what stops them from doing that.

If one day 5 years from now, they decided to price gouge they could get away with it for years because they have no real competition.

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
                      I'm suprised you didn't say anything about Starbucks.
                      Heh, I've been inside a Starbucks a grand total of 1 times. And it was at the original one in Seattle.

And I didn't buy anything because I don't really like coffee I mean, coffee is "ok" but I just don't "get it". (Beer on the other hand ... (b) (b) )

I've also never had a Krispy Kreme donut. I don't eat that junk.
                      Last edited by Baker; 09-28-2007, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the cell phone and internet providers are already evil. In theory, the cell phone companies are competing, but it's all the same treatment.

Comment

(Beer on the other hand ... (b) (b) )
                          I hear ya!

Comment

no man, evil is inside of us just as much as outside. complacency, laziness, impatience, short-sightedness, pride, etc. What always gives people power over other people, and therefore creates the conditions for potential evil, is their ability to fill the needs of those they keep in subjection. Walmart could price gouge cuz they deliver a damn good product. Google owns us cuz they're the best at organizing information. The village strongman can abuse people because he's good at providing what people need--a stable power structure. These needs mostly arise from the body. so is it the body that's evil? naw--the body is physical; the physical world is a constant flow of entropy, so its only natural that there must be some input of energy to stop the body from dissolving. i dont believe in evil

Comment

spooker is evil.

Comment

Working...
                              X