X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is this shit?

non-emocron related

http://www.biblelife.org/bigbang.htm

seriously... check out "flaw #2". Whoever wrote this bs says that the red shift/blue shift is bs because he says something about the Earth being in the center of the universe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE TO OBSERVE RED SHIFT/BLUE SHIFT.

I am religious myself, believe in creation AND evolution/big bang/etc at the same time, but really, what is this person trying to prove, and WHY is he so hell-bent on disproving our theories with complete bs?
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

"The Redshift Theory has our little planet at the center of the universe because nearly all galaxies are moving away from us. This is ridiculous. It seems the myth that the Earth is the center of the universe will never die."

Actually....

The Earth is used as a reference point because we don't exactly know how fast our galaxy is going throughout the universe. Noone is saying that the Earth is the center of the universe - that's just ridiculous - but since we don't have any means to measure the speed of the galaxy we have to make due with what we have.

But yes, most of the galaxies are in fact moving away from us, but that's because our galaxy is moving too. It's not like the Milky Way is just a stationary object in space.

The theory is that the universe is expanding, so not only are the galaxies moving away from us, but we're going the same direction as well, just not at the same speed. The theory believes that the expansion is slowing down, though, and at one point it will stop and revert, and ultimately matter will come crashing back to the point where it started - the TRUE center of the universe. But of course it would take millions of years to measure this to be sure, and guess what - we don't live that long.

I didn't read the whole article but that one statement alone proves this person to be an idiot.

Comment

That guy knows nothing about science:

A speed near the speed of light is inadequate for mass to escape the tremendous gravitational field at time zero in the Big Bang theory. The matter would simply decelerate sharply and collapse back onto itself again. The speed of light is much less than the escape velocity needed for matter during the Big Bang explosion.
      That isn't how the Big Bang worked. The Big Bang didn't grow by the speed of light.

The "universe" inflated. It was the inflation of space itself.

This is why current theories predict the universe to expand eventually at beyond the speed of light.

From wikipedia, for instance

Theory and observations suggest that very early in the history of the universe, there was an "inflationary" phase where this metric changed very rapidly, and that the remaining time-dependence of this metric is what we observe as the so-called Hubble expansion, the moving apart of all gravitationally unbound objects in the universe. The expanding universe is therefore a fundamental feature of the universe we inhabit—a universe fundamentally different from the static universe Albert Einstein first considered when he developed his gravitational theory.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
        That guy knows nothing about science:

That isn't how the Big Bang worked. The Big Bang didn't grow by the speed of light.

The "universe" inflated. It was the inflation of space itself.
        And the creation of time itself.
        'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
        someone to hear your prayers
        someone who cares
        your own... personal... Shambie
        someone whos there

Comment

It's a bible thumper talking/lecturing about the big bang theory and whatever else, what EXACTLY did you expect from him?.... I by no means am religious,but I could sit here and pretend to know about the physics of rocket science,grab a few articles from google,and throw my own twist on it,and you'll have the same thing,except,this guy was a bible thumping newb trying to thump the scientific books.

rofl
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

http://www.biblelife.org/evolution.htm

This guy is an idiot,indeed,quite the idiot.

ps: http://www.biblelife.org/index.htm

scroll half way down,you can see picture of the idiot'S.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer View Post
              non-emocron related

http://www.biblelife.org/bigbang.htm

seriously... check out "flaw #2". Whoever wrote this bs says that the red shift/blue shift is bs because he says something about the Earth being in the center of the universe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE TO OBSERVE RED SHIFT/BLUE SHIFT.

I am religious myself, believe in creation AND evolution/big bang/etc at the same time, but really, what is this person trying to prove, and WHY is he so hell-bent on disproving our theories with complete bs?
              You believe in creation?

Thanks for giving me a reason to not listen to anything you ever have to say again. Creationism is more outrageous than some sci fi novels I've read.

Comment

Religion fight!!!

Comment

Eitherway creationism, or evolution, something was created, and things have changed over time. Strongest survive, and such. On the big bang, someone had to create the two solid objects that ultimately collided. For all we know, we could be a science experiment in a vacuum in some lab. Praise the Lab Tech!
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Chris Langan. Supposedly the smartest man alive. Claims to have proven God mathematically.
                    Last edited by Fuzznut; 01-31-2008, 11:47 AM.
                    'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
                    someone who cares
                    your own... personal... Shambie
                    someone whos there

Comment

Interesting video

Comment

This is similar to Galileo whose theory was that the "Earth moves and the Sun stands still at the centre" which went against the Church's belief at that time.

"The writers of the Scripture wrote from the perspective of the terrestrial world, and from that vantage point the sun does rise and set. In fact, it is the earth's rotation which gives the impression of the sun in motion across the sky."

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo#Church_controversy

Comment

Working...
                        X