Port Forwarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Forwarding

So, I need to forward ports 28000 to 28030. I did that, but it seens something is wrong, since I can't host a game in another game that isn't Quake. Can anyone help me? Here are the screenshots: (P. S. My router is a DSLink 200e)

Start > Run... > cmd > ipconfig /all

NAT Rule Entry

Control panel > Network connections > Local Connection 2 > Properties > TCP/IP

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

your local ip is 192.168.1.140 so in the NAT-rule use that instead of the gateway ip..

Comment

Rofl I was going to try that right now...

PS: 192.168.1.140 is my static ip... dunno if that chnages anything

Comment

It didn't work, peg = /

Comment

joao93 that is the longest signature slideshow ever
          "

Comment

Perochi that surely helped me a lot on port forwarding =/

Comment

On some routers you might find, because of the way the quake protocol works, the only solution is to put the Quake server ip in a DMZ on your router, but be sure to secure the quake server first (lock down ports, turn off unnecessary exploitable services, etc) if you intend to do this.

No doubt Rook/Zop/Bam/Baker/etc can probably explain it more fully and things may have changed but I seem to recall quake using a whole variety of ports to communicate with the client which unless you know them can be tricky to configure through a firewall.

BTW looking at the screenie it seems that your gateway is configured on that quake server to also be your DNS server. If your router 192.168.1.1 doesn't have that capability then 192.168.1.140 may have routing difficulties

Hope this helps

Monty
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

They need to standardize router setup pages. Seriously.

They all do nearly the same thing, yet from one router to the next it is impossible to provide universal instructions.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Set Local Adress To to .140?
                  Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

I need to forward 28000 to 28030 UDP and TCP. i don't know if setting the option to ANY will forward both protocols.

Comment

Originally posted by Perochi View Post
                      joao93 that is the longest signature slideshow ever
                      Ya it's even larger (in file size) than my signature.

Comment

Try to help me, will ya...

Comment

If the other options in the drop down are UDP and TCP then I would suggest that its a strong indication that the ANY option will handle packets sent in either of these protocols.

Kind regards

Monty
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

yes, but theyre separated, so i would have to make 2 new rules:

One 28000-28030 UPD and another 28000-28030 TCP

Is that right?

Comment

set DNS to "obtain automatic" or check ur ISP info on what ip they supply for their DNS and use that..

yes, but theyre separated, so i would have to make 2 new rules:

One 28000-28030 UPD and another 28000-28030 TCP

Is that right?
                              if that is how ur router setup works.. then yes that is right..

Comment

Working...
                              X