Your favorite bands/songs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite bands/songs?

So we have a topic about movies, how about music? What's your favorite type of music? Who's your favorite bands? What songs do you like?

Personally I'm a big modern rock guy. I like a lot of the current rock and rock from the 90's. The first band I really got into was Creed - www.creedfeed.com = my site Other bands I like include Alter Bridge, Shinedown, Dark New Day, Audioslave, Finger Eleven, Mayfield Four, Godsmack, Nickelback, Our Lady Peace, etc.

Just recently I've been getting into Pearl Jam. I never really liked Pearl Jam but a week or so ago some new songs for their upcoming album leaked and I really liked them. Since I've been checking out some of their material. I really like a lot of their songs:

- State of Love and Trust
    - Given To Fly
    - Footsteps
    - Glorified G
    - Immortality
    - Rearviewmirror
    - Red Mosiquito

I listen to whatever I hear in the club, radio, restaurant

My favorite bands (last time I checked) are Radiohead, Red Hot Chilis, Tool, Cold Play, Sam Roberts, omfg the list goes on forever my head hurts.

Comment

Something that I found that affects the music you like is the available radio stations. In Columbus there are only a couple of stable radio stations that have played the same format for years.

One plays mainstream populist stuff I can't stand. The other radio station, which is a good one, plays heavier stuff but they are too specific and you end up hearing the same music over and over and over again.

They have other radio stations which keep going out of business/getting bought/changing formats but I don't have time to keep track of that sh*t. I'm not looking for another hobby.

Whenever I am in some other city, I am awestruck by some of the radio stations.

I've heard that mega-corps own most of the radio stations now. I don't know if that is part of the radio station suckage in Columbus or what, but basically Columbus presents a strong case for satellite radio.

Except I'm not going to pay $300 bucks to get that installed and then pay $15 per month forever for the priviledge. I don't drive that often.

As a result of the radio suckage problem in Columbus, I basically have to Google the rare stuff that I hear that I like and then I buy it, and there is really no pattern to any of it.

[/end of tangent]
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

www.myspace.com/chuckparsons
        Chuck

Comment

^^^^ - wtf am I listening too? This deep voiced, jungle beat

I like the music in the GTA 3-5 games

Comment

KISS, Dokken, Kroakus, Blue Oyster Cult, Surivor, Dio, Black Sabbath, Motley Crue, Poison, TESLA, etc.
            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

SLAYER, Morbid Angel, Black Sabbath, Dio, Metallica (Old), bloodbath, god dethroned, candlemass, caje, overkill, exodus, testament, death angel, dark angel, amon amarth, anthrax, arch enemy, at the gates, bathory, behemoth, bloodsimple, bolt thrower, cannibal corpse, lamb of god, burn the priest, carcass, children of bodom, chimaira, and a ton of others.

Comment

Maybe it's easier if I say I like all music except for Trance. If a club plays Trance, I'm out.

Comment

Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, Yes, The Mars Volta, Led Zeppelin are mainstays in my in-need-of-growth playlist

Comment

I shoulda posted my influences.

K Mantronik (Mantronix), Amon Tobin, Yvonne Elliman, 1979-1985, George Harrison, Gin Blossoms, Dream Theater, Dan Fogelberg, DjShadow, 10cc, The Beatles, Newcleus, Al Stewart, Eddie Hazel, Aphex Twin, P-funk, Radiohead, Yngwie Malmstein, Earth, Wind, & Fire, Eric Carmen, Toby Beau, The Plasmatics, Paul McCartney, 2 Many DJ's, Thomas Dolby, Enigma, Eazy-E, DJ Qbert, Midnight Star, Portishead, Focus, Kraftwerk, Ultravox, Megadeth, Curtis Mayfield, Soulwax, Gerry Rafferty, Jimi Hendrix, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Kiss, The Avalanches, Edgar Winter Group, Barber, John Williams, Art Of Noise, Alan Parsons, Gram Parsons, Pablo Cruise, The Breezeblock, Milanese....
                    Chuck

Comment

Very nice list Lefty.

Come visit us: www.etfellowship.com

Comment

thanks, i love your avatar...lol..

Comment

Very nice list Lefty
                          Hell yea!
                          Chuck

Comment

Noone here likes some SLAYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR?!?!!

Comment

Working...
                            X