Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

Hi, my wife and I started a new job 2 months ago as live-in managers of a small 50 room motel. Just got the internet hooked up a couple days ago. Hope everyone is well.

I'm going to make a website for the motel, as it never had one (or a net connection!!!), and I'm rusty as hell. Might just go with a CMS again but it's been so long since I built a site with postnuke/phpnuke and I see Postnuke has renamed itself to some weird-ass name now.

Anyway, it's always great to see this place still up and running with even newer members registering.

Chuck
    Chuck

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Hi, my wife and I started a new job 2 months ago as live-in managers of a small 50 room motel. Just got the internet hooked up a couple days ago. Hope everyone is well.

I'm going to make a website for the motel, as it never had one (or a net connection!!!), and I'm rusty as hell. Might just go with a CMS again but it's been so long since I built a site with postnuke/phpnuke and I see Postnuke has renamed itself to some weird-ass name now.

Anyway, it's always great to see this place still up and running with even newer members registering.

Chuck
    Congratulations to the both of you! Goodluck on making your website also!

Last time I checked PHPNuke can be a security risks. Just saying, I used it in my early days of CMS usage and its design and GUI were clunky at best. I would recommend Drupal 5.8, Joomla or even Wordpress.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Holy crap, it's Chuck! Congrats on the motel, bro. That's going to be a great asset for you. Forgive me for asking, but it's been a long time... you live in California, correct?

Well last call is in just over an hour and my roommate insists on going downtown, trying to find a parking spot, and getting completely hammered within a 10min span.

Nice to see you around these parts again, Chuck. Brings back memories of DZ and IEE...

Comment

Hey Chuck,

Great to see you, are you still down south? Busy Hotel? Point me to the sight once you have it going. Would love to see it. Funny.. someone was asking about you the other day. Should have known you would pop in.
        www.Net-Tyme.com
        Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
        Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

I would like to request a copy of "Quake is Dead", that shit was tight
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Don't think we've ever "met", how goes it Chuck?
            uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
              Don't think we've ever "met", how goes it Chuck?
              Hi there. I used to be involved with Quake in one way or another for many years. I played too! Since then I continue to make music and worked for liveleak.com reviewing videos and working as a moderator for a year.

In my spare time I am consulting for a show in production for TDC called ³Explosions Gone Wrong². During my time at liveleak the videos came in fast an furious with more emphasis on bang then on the actual background behind the videos.

Here's an example of one they plan to feature in the show that I posted, but have no recollection where I found it. (which is another story in itself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEGaMdR-hQc

Apparently I still like to talk about myself, guess that will never change.

Nice to meet you!
              Chuck

Comment

Working...
              X