What Browser Do You Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Browser Do You Use?

I'm working on developing an updated QuakeOne and would like some input. I've got site statistics but would also like input from the community.

What browser do you use?
    Firefox 3
    55.56%
    Firefox 2 or lower
    11.11%
    IE 7 or 8
    3.70%
    IE 6
    3.70%
    IE 5.5 or lower
    0.00%
    Opera 9+
    22.22%
    Opera 8 or lower
    0.00%
    Something else (post in thread)
    3.70%

I use notepad for browsing the web.

Yeah, it's old school and not very popular but I find I enjoy trying to imagine what the HTML would render like in my head

/Real answer: FireFox
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I use the latest version of FireFox.
      SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
      [email protected]
      AIM - EMHof1

Comment

Ie7
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Firefox 3.0.1
          Chuck

Comment

By the way, this is a pretty great add-on.

http://www.cooliris.com/
            Chuck

Comment

Anyone else remember the days when you couldn't surf the web with Internet Explorer without gettin 5 viruses and 3 new toolbars you couldn't uninstall:

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Firefox 3.0.1

lol at that pic baker

Comment

WTF @ pic... Holy shit

Mostly Firefox 3, although if I'm feeling bored, I'll take a look in Lynx...
                  16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                  16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

IE7 for me

Comment

Right now I'm on FF3, which I loathe and detest with a passion, but nonetheless see as the best of a bad lot. I've FF2 on my other main PC, much better aside from the memory leaks (it wasn't uncommon for it to be using 500 MB or more at times). I'm liking what I've seen of IE8 so far; the ribbon interface looks like it's going to be really effective, and if MS can unlock some of the customization that's possible in FF (as well as allowing for easier and more intuitive config of common-sense security stuff), and don't fall into the trap of making it a "Vista only" release (but oh how seductive that may seem to them) then I may be persuaded to switch.

It's a sure sign that something's badly wrong when just navigating to a web page uses 100% CPU, and I get that on my third PC, also FF3, but which is admittedly an ancient clunker. I think it's gone too far down the route of interpreted scripts, which is fine in a sense, but sometimes you just want a lightweight and super-fast browser. Unfortunately I'm too used to the FF feature set by now.

IE7 still gets occasional use - there's always the odd site that's just plain broken on FF, whether requiring Active-X (far from the "run screaming in terror" nightmare it used to be), or botched table layouts, or whatever.
                      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                        Anyone else remember the days when you couldn't surf the web with Internet Explorer without gettin 5 viruses and 3 new toolbars you couldn't uninstall:

Classic screenshot! :d

The really funny thing is that I have users in work who would still quite cheerfully fill their browsers with crap like that (and then look at me stupidly and ask what was wrong) if I didn't lock their PCs down so hard they can't even squirm.
                        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

FF3 all the way.
                          My servers for the gamers:
                          bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                          port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                          Offline ATM
                          fvf.servequake.com
                          flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                          Offline ATM
                          newdm.servequake.com
                          port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                          sigpic

Comment

ie7 4 life

Other than the fact its a memory hog compared to some other browsers, it is fine to use.

Comment

Opera 9+.

I've had bad experiences with FF. I'll never touch that memory leaking open source piece of crap again.
                              'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
                              someone to hear your prayers
                              someone who cares
                              your own... personal... Shambie
                              someone to hear your prayers
                              someone whos there

Comment

Working...
                              X