The economy + dinosaurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The economy + dinosaurs

Everyday you read worse and worse statistics on the economy (job losses, etc.)

The "Big Three" automakers are on the verge of collapse and I don't think all the King's horses and all the King's men are going to save those companies no matter how many billions the government throws their way.

Meanwhile, earlier in the year and it's still going on are these gigantic financial institutions are going broke, and likewise insurance companies.

Sometimes I wonder why the government and the tax laws favor mega-corporations.

Mega corporations are the most likely to have really bad ideas, be unable to adapt to change, tend to ship jobs overseas and in the current scenario ... if they fall, it creates a huge problem.

If the companies were smaller, no one would care and it wouldn't ruin the economy and the bad ones could job go bankrupt like they are supposed to.

Instead, it's like watching the dinosaurs die.

These crappy giant corporations had really bad policies and a lot of them have super restrictive employee policies, mismanage everything but get away with it because their size is a competitive advantage. And they kept merging with each other and creating entirely new levels of awfulness and ineptness. Sigh.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Get'em Baker!

Welcome to the Divided States of America. Please slide your mark of the beast through the scanning device.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      Everyday you read worse and worse statistics on the economy (job losses, etc.)

The "Big Three" automakers are on the verge of collapse and I don't think all the King's horses and all the King's men are going to save those companies no matter how many billions the government throws their way.

Meanwhile, earlier in the year and it's still going on are these gigantic financial institutions are going broke, and likewise insurance companies.

Sometimes I wonder why the government and the tax laws favor mega-corporations.

Mega corporations are the most likely to have really bad ideas, be unable to adapt to change, tend to ship jobs overseas and in the current scenario ... if they fall, it creates a huge problem.

If the companies were smaller, no one would care and it wouldn't ruin the economy and the bad ones could job go bankrupt like they are supposed to.

Instead, it's like watching the dinosaurs die.

These crappy giant corporations had really bad policies and a lot of them have super restrictive employee policies, mismanage everything but get away with it because their size is a competitive advantage. And they kept merging with each other and creating entirely new levels of awfulness and ineptness. Sigh.
      right on, we need to alley with shamblers and order them to destroy these major corporations and their headquarters.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMT-19HDt6I"]YouTube - SUB HUMANS i dont wanna die[/ame]

will it happen?
        wahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
          right on, we need to alley with shamblers and order them to destroy these major corporations and their headquarters.
          And steal their flag and return it to the red base.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
            And steal their flag and return it to the red base.
            in this case the American flag, cause that's what their grasp is. Change is what we DON'T NEED. we need to revert to a better system when the economy was well like the 80s and 90s. so as for hiring half the Clinton administration, lets hope it turns out that way. this guy really bugs me lol.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
              in this case the American flag, cause that's what their grasp is. Change is what we DON'T NEED. we need to revert to a better system when the economy was well like the 80s and 90s. so as for hiring half the Clinton administration, lets hope it turns out that way. this guy really bugs me lol.
              One example, banking:

In the 1980s, almost every state had restrict firewalls on the banking industry. In otherwords, a bank in the state of <name your state> had to be owned and operated in <name your state>. There was no such thing as interstate banking because a bank can't be headquartered in 2 different states.

Then I think Congress passed some sort of law and the banks started buying each other until there were only 3 of them left (exaggeration).

The above is really good for awful banks because there are no non-awful banks left in most areas. It is also good for slave labor restrictive employee agreements, there aren't so many employers when there are less companies.

And it seems like in recent history, every corporate merger got approved (HP buys Compaq, etc. etc.) I don't know how it worked in the 1980s or 1990s, companies always merge but I believe they looked a lot closer for the govt to approve/reject the merger.

Whether or not the freemarket economic theories are right, we don't operate under those conditions. The freemarket theories require an infinite # of suppliers, customers and perfect information. Those don't exist in the real world; there needs to be regulation.

Comment

Working...
              X