• Time
  • Show
Clear All

He speaks the truth.

Comment

You don't need to be sarcastic in order to get your point across

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE_ALI View Post
        I think you're getting people mixed up. QLxLeader, Mav, Mass, or whatever his name is has never worn a MAAS tag nor been in the clan.

The only people who wear still wear MAAS tags are me(Jon), and Mada.

Also, I'm a little curious as to who you're referring to when you say that MAAS has had some serious cheaters in the past. Care to enlighten me?
        Apparently some people claimed they found you cheating

Comment

Zord Bots

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
            Apparently some people claimed they found you cheating
            Well, I've been accused of cheating a bunch of times, who hasn't been? But anyone who claims that I've been caught or found cheating is a liar

Comment

The most frequent reason people cheat is because of a lack of confidence(or at least a consistent confidence) in one's own capabilities in-game. If you respond to someone cheating it invokes them to continue doing so as they thrive off of the artificial sense of accomplishment that surrounds being accused of cheating(or even more so for being punished for doing so).

Instead do not provoke a cheater in any (blatant) verbal fashion. Alternatively when someone is doing well and you are sure they are legitimate then compliment them. This will invoke a position reaction out of the person and thus 'vaccine' them from ever having the temptation to cheat at a later date. Cheating is an infectious disaster in the E-sports scene and you are the cure. People say cheating will always be out there. And the same people who say that are the ones who never do anything about it.

So long story short compliment the legitimate, ignore the shady.
              In the long run you will be solidfying a deeper understanding, unity, and more welcoming infrastructure of the E-sports community(or in this case the Quake community specifically) for everyone who is legitimate while at the same time neutralizing the cheaters that do exist out there. Remember a cheater is like anybody else, unless they are a psychotic serial killer. They know right from wrong. Be a better person and set a better example to those below your rung in your respective community in the E-sports scene that may have otherwise someday turned into cheaters and remove the need and the pressure, and overall purpose to cheating in the first place.

Its as simple as being more friendly and welcoming to the newcommers and ignore the current cheaters until they collapse in and on themself(for those of you too lazy to read that wall of text, hehe).

Problem solved.

Comment

who cares who he is

Comment

Fodder is right, thats the best you can do. They seem to thrive on surprise, usually when you get a bunch of solid core honest players, that means they are coming. Same in regular sports like football and baseball, they are out there and will always find a shortcut around the drug screening. I got accused of cheating last week on the CTF server when I started coming back from behind in a 1 - 1 game. That, I took as a compliment, and believe me, I know how he felt, have been there plenty of times. He did remember my old alias from back in the day, and said alot of people thought I botted, and honestly I told him that I did try the bot a few times but only when the entire server was totally hosed with them. These days its so hard to bot, and anyone with some veteran q1 experience behind them can tell a human vs. artificial opponent. There was alot of pak2 cheats back then, and probably the wall hack for sure.

Comment

a bot will never miss - and will 9 out of 10 times, tag u the second u turn a corner..
                    SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                    THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                    sigpic

Comment

cheating is usually hilarious in video games, its why i do it in some games, funny as hell to watch people freak out

Comment

you and your peachfuzz stache just self-admitted cheating in other games? Is nothing sacred anymore?ARE ALL THE NEWBS HAX??OMFGBOT PAKTEEWWW
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by FODDER View Post
                          The most frequent reason people cheat is because of a lack of confidence(or at least a consistent confidence) in one's own capabilities in-game. If you respond to someone cheating it invokes them to continue doing so as they thrive off of the artificial sense of accomplishment that surrounds being accused of cheating(or even more so for being punished for doing so).

Instead do not provoke a cheater in any (blatant) verbal fashion. Alternatively when someone is doing well and you are sure they are legitimate then compliment them. This will invoke a position reaction out of the person and thus 'vaccine' them from ever having the temptation to cheat at a later date. Cheating is an infectious disaster in the E-sports scene and you are the cure. People say cheating will always be out there. And the same people who say that are the ones who never do anything about it.

So long story short compliment the legitimate, ignore the shady.
                          In the long run you will be solidfying a deeper understanding, unity, and more welcoming infrastructure of the E-sports community(or in this case the Quake community specifically) for everyone who is legitimate while at the same time neutralizing the cheaters that do exist out there. Remember a cheater is like anybody else, unless they are a psychotic serial killer. They know right from wrong. Be a better person and set a better example to those below your rung in your respective community in the E-sports scene that may have otherwise someday turned into cheaters and remove the need and the pressure, and overall purpose to cheating in the first place.

Its as simple as being more friendly and welcoming to the newcommers and ignore the current cheaters until they collapse in and on themself(for those of you too lazy to read that wall of text, hehe).

Problem solved.

Before reading my response you should take note that at first,I summed up your response as mere "Hippy tree hugging bullshit" , but that wouldn't be fair of me so I read it again,and concluded that ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away just simply doesn't work,whether it be in real life or in a videogame.
                          While it might sound good,when applied it certainly wont magically "fix itself" in regaurds to cheaters or trouble maker's.When we take action,be it play legit or illegit,we know to expect a reaction. Much like Wolverine being a mouthy punk,peoples concerns over him being a cheater was not unjustified, although his general attitude of being an asshole pretty much let everyone who had a concern about him cheating care less of whether he was indeed cheating or not,simply because he was not per se 'a fun quaker'. This isn't his fault though,he isnt required to be nice or stroke the emotions of the community,but it helps if you plan on being around,or rather being allowed to be around. (Vibe anyone?Mr.Tomato's?)

Cheaters have their own reasonings for cheating,and while each one may differ,it always comes down to one thing. Winning,at any costs,including the unfair advantage over others (the whole point right?).If kimp had not been put in check he would just continue botting away,like the "Little Engine that Could", and even when the situation was handled (banning from multiple servers) , he just kept on trolling around with his bot,using proxy's or the like. Quake1 is not Kimp's first attempt at cheating in online games, Kimp in MMORPG's.

There is my wall of text response
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i think its hilarious wallhacking in CS:S , headshot people through double doors is too funny. i no longer have a peachfuzz stache, i now have a grown man stache, and i'm 18

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                              i think its hilarious wallhacking in CS:S , headshot people through double doors is too funny. i no longer have a peachfuzz stache, i now have a grown man stache, and i'm 18

when they ask me 4 ID in the clubz' i just show em my chest hair
                              and i scream "LOOK AT IT" !!!
                              SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                              THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                                Before reading my response you should take note that at first,I summed up your response as mere "Hippy tree hugging bullshit" , but that wouldn't be fair of me so I read it again,and concluded that ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away just simply doesn't work,whether it be in real life or in a videogame.
                                While it might sound good,when applied it certainly wont magically "fix itself" in regaurds to cheaters or trouble maker's.When we take action,be it play legit or illegit,we know to expect a reaction. Much like Wolverine being a mouthy punk,peoples concerns over him being a cheater was not unjustified, although his general attitude of being an asshole pretty much let everyone who had a concern about him cheating care less of whether he was indeed cheating or not,simply because he was not per se 'a fun quaker'. This isn't his fault though,he isnt required to be nice or stroke the emotions of the community,but it helps if you plan on being around,or rather being allowed to be around. (Vibe anyone?Mr.Tomato's?)

Cheaters have their own reasonings for cheating,and while each one may differ,it always comes down to one thing. Winning,at any costs,including the unfair advantage over others (the whole point right?).If kimp had not been put in check he would just continue botting away,like the "Little Engine that Could", and even when the situation was handled (banning from multiple servers) , he just kept on trolling around with his bot,using proxy's or the like. Quake1 is not Kimp's first attempt at cheating in online games, Kimp in MMORPG's.

There is my wall of text response
                                There is a difference between ignoring a problem because you can't handle it, and ignoring a problem because that is the best way to handle it. A cheater has an egotistical need that can't be satisfied via playing legitimately... whether it be to rage someone, to win, or just for fun. Obviously they can not do any of those things legitimately if they cheat. Cheating back would only spread the infectious stupidity... and calling someone out would merely invoke a person to continue cheating because that would satisfy that egotistical deep seeded need that they long to be remedied. Ignore the shady, and befriend the trustworthy. Be nice to every possible person you can that you know is legitimate or have reasonable belief that the person is legitimate that way you will vaccine them from ever conjouring some deep seeded need to cheat in the future preservation of their ego(because unless you are a Daoist you have an ego). And as for the cheaters that already exist like I said the best thing you can do is ignore them... ignoring them is in and of itself, exile from the community. It is a far better form of exileing than blacklisting because that will make it known to the person that cheating gets under your skin and that will only continue to invoke cheating to contigiously continue feeding their blackhole of an ego. Its like a blackhole of stupidity that takes everyone and everything with it if you arn't careful. Steer clear of these people and ignore them, unless you want to trap yourself in a never ending struggle. Eventually they will collapse in and on themselves under the pressure with having no way to outlet their psychological and egotistical drives and will either leave the community or (hopefully) come clean. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction(you ban someone from a server, the negative reaction follows that it invokes them evading that ban and continue cheating). How can you react to an inaction? You can't... there is nothing to react to, nothing to feed off of, and thus you will starve these people of their egotistical cravings until they are forced to either leave the community or come clean and have fun and find satisfaction the way you are supposed to.

Or in other words, here is a very random way my brain just thought of how to put it hehe: An ego is like a sword, it will slash indifferently to those in it's arc. A sword to a sword would require to fight fire with fire, and two wrongs in this case of cheating do not make a right and will turn you both into a mess. Punishing them would be the equal to hitting them with a stick. It won't finish the job and it will only provoke further retaliation. The best defense is the metaphorical shield, your intelligence. When the yielder of the sword realises he can not successfully harm you he will leave to find a less worthy opponent after tireing himself out. When he fails to do that he will either drop his weapon and retreat, or impale himself out of the shame.

Anyways if everybody were to take my advice and isolate the cheaters in the community by simply ignoring them(and not directly making it aware to them they are being punished, and rather make it more appearent they are punishing themselves) then the number of cheaters in the community would probably dwindle and problem would be solved.

Sorry another wall of text.
                                And without even realising it you have already proved my point. The reason he has cheated in multiple other communities before that is because it had gotten him nowhere and was more or less ignored for doing so. Now he strives to feed his ego and rob the Quake community of its time to satisfy this lust like a parasite. And of course another way to think of it is he is a parasite... a virus... without a connective network to spread in or a host he will die out.

Anyways this wall of text comes to an end here, heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X