To unban kimp or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To unban kimp or not?

I've talked with this guy on irc.. since he's been coming on for past 2 weeks it seems begging to be unbanned from hdz-dm. I explained to him why he was banned.. all of the complaints about him botting, being annoying, loading multiple clients trying to admin-vote himself, running games on any server he goes to. Spamming all the ca servers for DM games then ruining those games when he doesn't get his way.. I also told him that if he could act right and stop doing all of those things, there might be a chance for him to get unbanned if people thought a second chance for him was in order. He said he would comply.

As it is right now, he's just going to keep connecting with different addresses all over the US and pinging horribly with the desire to try and play or just ruin games. I told him to stop that crap right now. Don't know if he's been doing it in the past couple of days or not. I'm never at the DM servers. How do you all feel about unbanning him and seeing how it goes a few days?

If it's not something we want to even discuss.. Then we need to come up with a solution for him. Stop allowing multiple connections from same IP's on hdz's dm server. Also get rid of admin-vote. Distribute ADMIN to some core DM'ers that are usually around and there. Or reachable over IRC. I have a few in mind. What do you guys think?

Sounds like a logical approach,but something tells me this wont be as open and shut as it appears to be. I feel everyone deserves atleast a 2nd chance at the very least.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      Sounds like a logical approach,but something tells me this wont be as open and shut as it appears to be. I feel everyone deserves atleast a 2nd chance at the very least.
      i know man.. i know..

Comment

yeah, give him another shot.
        "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

"Be merciful to those that are weak, for showing mercy to them is the means by which God will show mercy to you."

Comment

It must be the shoes!!!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Mercy is for the weak.

Comment

SunShine, Kimp just created a new account named CD67

Hey r00k.
                PM me the admin code for dm.clanhdz.com again
                thanks

This isnt crackdog its Kimp. Last night at dm, "player" told me you said to unban him. I said "SS has plenty access to do it himself."

He is just a manipulating little suck ass. But, there's one in every crowd. Oddly enough I've dealt with alot of "kimps" in my quake life, but usually they perpetuate things by cussing me out or being a comeplete dick, atleast he's a polite troll!
                Last edited by R00k; 06-22-2009, 01:01 PM.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Hes had more than enough "second" chances, the guy does the same shit constantly, even considering unbanning him is simply idiotic.

Comment

roffle..

Comment

after reading r00k's post, I would have to change my mind. ruining games and botting,sure that is untolerable,but attempting to fish for admin by any means, that just beg's that I ban his proxy's when I see him using them,at any server's I have the means of doing so.

This fool really needs to be removed.

Comment

How about we allow players to vote-ban other players like a "force" option. we can add vote-mute, vote-kill etc etc etc...

This way the majority of players can take action instead of tracking down an admin from eating lunch with their family or whatever just to deal with people who deliberately ruin games!?

I've been saying this for a while now, POWER TO THE PLAYERS!

We won't need admins if everyone is walking around loaded and ready to take action.

I feel the community itself will do an excellent job and removing any issues completely by themselves and will take some of the load of admins so they might actually be able to bet higher quality input from players instead of there seeming to be a divider between a normal player and a server admin.

It irritates me when admins have to take action because I know everyone is counting on usually 1 person to solve a servers "problem" but like I stated above, if everyone had a hand in making the game more enjoyable even with the simplest of options such as vote-kick not only will players feel more involved but the overall community will feel their "voices" are being heard instead of "I'm going to send these demos to admin and you will be banned" that sentence easily portrays a good guy (admin) and a bad guy(griefer).

I say let people who play on the servers make the choice of who gets banned and who doesn't... Of course when I say "add vote-ban" I mean a temp ban that lifts when the map is warped.
                        QuakeOne.com
                        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

that could work,but more than likely it would just end up getting abused. Some people think that the current admins are abusive, but just for example, I was requested to ban this guy named ZEAL for playing gay ie "Camping,waiting until most are dead before coming out of his hole".

This guy's method of playing Quake would have certainly earned him a ban,albeit a temp one,but would be completely abused when the 'mob' disagree's with 'insert reason' for banning.

Sure,that style of gameplay is gay,but he's 1] a kb player, 2]obviously new to the game, and 3]just trying to have fun.

I hope this example serve's as enough reason to keep vote-ban out of the community's hands, and if the idea was pursued, I believe >75% votes should be required. This would ensure that half a server of asshole's couldnt push votes through,unless it was truely a majority requested ban.

for those missing >75% , it means that over 3/4's of the players would have to vote yes,and that again could fail. What if the server is filled with all assholes? Zeal wouldnt be able to play

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                            for those missing >75% , it means that over 3/4's of the players would have to vote yes
                            Ha!
                            SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
                            [email protected]
                            AIM - EMHof1

Comment

I've probably had to deal with this simpleton far more than most and trust me when I say this, KIMP is full of shit. dm.clanhdz.com has been so much better without him causing problems. KIMP isn't the type of person who's going to change, he's had far too many chances to do that. On a side note, KIMP is also a self-admitted pedophile. That should be an banable offense in itself.
                              Last edited by cd57; 06-23-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X