Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• >find health somehow, examine area for way out

Comment

• ((had a nice big long update ready, but accidentally X'd out. Goddamn touchpad mice. Will update later when I'm not so pissed off at myself))

Comment

• >feelsbadman.jpeg

Comment

• >feelsbadman.jpeg
          Phoenix shows Ray this picture on his PDA

Ray makes a similar face.

>

Comment

• ((mkay))

>You can contact HQ using your arm console, right? Maybe you should do that.
            You open your console. Right before you click the microphone button, you hear a click.
            "Sergeant. Sergeant Ray, come in. This is HQ, please respond."
            You respond.
            "Ah, good. You're alive. My name is Zack Hastings, Second Lieutenant USMC. General Navejar asked me to make contact with you to check on your current status while he worked on getting some weaponry together for you. Is everything alright over there?"
            You explain the current situation.
            "Reaper, eh? Is it dead? You're sure? Well, shit. Sounds like thats you're next assignment. Track down this Reaper where ever it went and make sure it dies this time."

>find health somehow, examine area for way out
            "You need some health already? We just sent you some! Wow, the Reaper must've really messed you up. Alright, this is all we can spare right now. Make good use of them. I'm also sending you over a Field Medic's Bag. The supplies in them should be just enough to get you and your man back up to full health, so hang on to the medikits for when you need them. Try to stay out of trouble, though. Theres no telling when we'll have more to send. Most of the Medical Department is out on leave. We've already called them back, but it'll be a day or two before they get here. Oh, hang on."

"Ray! How are you doin over there?"
            Its the general.
            "Guess what? I've got a present for ya. You're gonna love this thing. It's R&D's latest toy, but you'll have to head back to the Slipgate to pick it up. I'll tell you all about it when you get there. Out."
            Mkay then. Now for the second part of your impulse, finding a way out.

Straight ahead of you is a wall.
            To your left, a wall.
            To your right, yet another wall.
            Behind you is...oh, what a shocker. A fucking wall. But wait, this one has a portal slashed into it! This one must lead to The Crypt of Decay...whats left of it.

You have a look above you. Hey....isn't that the portal you used to get here from The Heart of the Dimension? You must have fallen from it. The broken pathway you used to use to get here and back is gone. Hm. You can't fly. You don't have a Grappling Hook. Well, sometimes in life, the way forward is also the way back. You shrug your shoulders and do a cannonball into the slashed-open portal.

You find yourself on the other side in the Crypt of Decay...whats left of it. The encroaching darkness seems to have left this area, satisfied with its changes.
            "Sir!" Phoenix shouts behind you. "Hostile, 2 o'clock!" Right as he says 'clock' a bolt of Shadow Plasma rips through your left forearm. Ouch!

Ray loses 4 health

Five Shadow Soldiers are sniping at you from a narrow ledge on the wall to your right. Another shot pierces through Phoenix's chest. Ack!

Phoenix loses 26 health
            Phoenix is now Badly Crippled!

You order him to take cover before he gets killed again. Another shot barely misses your face. Alright. Enough of this crap. Time to show off your dancing moves. You dodge the incoming shots with amazing agility. Your enemies don't have a lot of room to move, so you are able to pick them off with one and two shots each. You can't get to their corpses to loot them. Bummer. Phoenix hobbles over to you.
            "Sir...are you sure this was such a good idea?"
            You don't reply.
            "I've been thinking though, sir. From the things the Reaper has said, I've picked up one piece of useful information. Apparently, the Elder God Chthon was the only thing that stopped the Shadows' intrusion into Quake. The Reaper said that he was the Gatekeeper of the Dimension. Maybe we should look into exactly what it was that made him such a thorn in their sides." You nod. You tell him that he'll have to be on research duty as soon as you get back to the Slipgate Complex...if you ever get back.

[[Continued]]

Comment

• are we still in E1M1 ? srsly!
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

• [[Continued]]

You cross the bridge to the fork. The slipgate is still on the right. Guarding it, however, are two pair of Shadow Soldiers. They don't look happy to see you. Phoenix takes cover behind the corner. You give them your best example of human agility and combat ability. They give you their best example of Shadow agility and combat ability...which, unfortunately, matches yours pretty well. You aren't hit, but you're having trouble hitting them. You are able to take down two of them, but the other two are beginning to predict your moves. You catch a lucky break and catch the third in the chest. The fourth, however, decides to be annoying, drops its rifle and charges you for melee combat. You try like hell to hit it, but its so fast, you miss every shot. Right as the thing gets in your face to swipe at you with its long, shadowy claws, you hear an ear-shattering *KA-FUCKING-BOOOOOOM* The Shadow's head vanishes from its body. It falls to the floor, lifeless. Behind you stands Phoenix gripping his REALLY Super Shotgun and smiling ear to ear.
                "Got your back, sir"
                You smile. You bend down to peel the armor off of the headless Shadow. You give it to Phoenix.

Phoenix receives some Pristine Shadow Armor
                Phoenix now has 50 Soul Armor

You also take their ammo.

Ray finds 20 Shadow Plasma Cells

Welp, the way is clear. Lets get this wretchedness over with. You apprehensively step into the slipgate and are ported into The Installation. Its just as bad as you remember. Pitch black, smelly, silent, utterly horrifying. You whisper into MM2 for Phoenix to hang out by the slipgate in case things get hairy. You fire a few Lightspark bolts at the walls to light the place up. The Encroaching Darkness hisses as its burned away from the walls. The floor has blood smeared all over it.

Behind you is the slipgate where Phoenix is hiding.
                Ahead of you is a hallway into the unknown.
                To your left is a large shut door.
                To your right is a pathway over what you think is water. It's too dark to tell.

Power to the base is offline. You'll have to set this place up via Mainframe the same way you did the Slipgate Complex...though something tells you it will be a LOT harder this time.

>

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  are we still in E1M1 ? srsly!
                  ((no. You were in....uh....E6M...20. Then you were in The Crypt of Decay (whatever map that is) Now you're in E2M1 trying to get back to E1M1))

Comment

• >Heal up, type map e1m1 in colsole. If that fails... move out into the unknown
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

• ((be sure to read the first post again, I added a game manual :]))

>Heal up, type map e1m1 in colsole. If that fails... move out into the unknown
                      You don't have any healing items! The stuff you ordered is waiting for you at the slipgate in E1M1.
                      You open your console and type in your command. You wait a few seconds. You wait a few more seconds. You tap your foot and whistle quietly. Phoenix starts whistling along. You start singing. Phoenix starts singing along.
                      .............I don't think its going to work. Sorry. So, lets move into the unknown. Phoenix waits behind ready to dive into the slipgate at the first sign of danger. Don't worry, he'll tell you on MM2 if anything happens. So...we're walkin along. Sure is dark in here. God, you're scared. You have no idea what could jump out at you or when or from where. Shadows in the dark...terrifying. Well, lets light this place up. You fire a few shots at the walls. The incandescent residue from the plasma lights up the room. No Shadows here. There is a pile of badly decomposed corpses in the corner. They're so badly rotted, you can't tell whether they were friend or foe. Their weapons are missing. Their armor is burned and caked with black residue. There's nothing here of any use....and it sure smells bad. There's a door to your right with a silver keycard symbol on it. Hm...power to the base is off, so even with the silver keycard, this door probably won't open. Across the room from the door is a wall. Just a wall. Theres some Encroaching Darkness on it, but thats about it. So...........yeah. Next.

>
                      Last edited by Shadowswift; 08-08-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• >Blow up door with grenades... if I have any of those left.
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

• >Blow up door with grenades... if I have any of those left.
                          You don't. Sad face. But hey, lets make sure that problem is fixed by the time you get back 'home'. You call HQ.
                          "What is it, sergeant?"
                          You explain your situation.
                          "The Installation? Haven't had any communication with them since before the slipgate wars. If its as bad as you say it is, then you might want to get out of there as quickly as you can. See what you can do about powering up the place, then plug into one of the slipgates there. If my the Science Department's theories are correct, I should be able to change the destination of that slipgate through my link to the mainframe...and to your PDA."
                          You ask him why you can't just use the one you came in on.
                          "I don't think that one is connected through one of our networks. From what I understand, the one in the Crypt of Decay isn't even supposed to be there. The one you came in on, being connected to the one in the Crypt, must connected to one of Quake's networks. Man...the Science Department is having a field day with all this information. Who knew monsters knew how to use technology, eh?"
                          Whatever...
                          "So...anyway, whenever you get the power back on in that place, contact me again. There should be a slipgate in there somewhere thats connected to Earth. Not the one at the exit, that one is likely connected to Quake. Check around the base's mainframe. Good luck finding it. The Shadow's probably changed that base's layout just like they did with the Slipgate Complex. What? ....you need grenades? Can't help you with that one, at least not until you get back to your base. I have 3 large boxes I can send you, but I can't send them until you clear off all of the other crap we've sent you. Move it, sergeant. Out."
                          Jerkoff. You always hated authority. Well, lets get this over with. You step back out to the crossroads.

Behind you is the shut door.
                          Left is the room with the Silver Keycard Door
                          Right is the slipgate. Phoenix is still hiding here, whistling and humming.
                          Ahead is a bridge over some water. Sure is dark...you think you see a doorway up ahead. Too dark to see anything else.

"This base isn't very big from the way I remember it, boss," Phoenix says through messagemode 2. "Although, the Shadow's may have changed that. Let me know if you need me."
                          Lets get started. You sure hope no one is home.

>

Comment

• >make light around bridge to see if clear, if so go over to it (and check underneath it discretely somehow)

//yes that is a doom comic reference

Comment

• ((From this point on, character status and inventory will no longer be displayed unless checked by impulse))

>make light around bridge to see if clear, if so go over to it (and check underneath it discretely somehow)
                              You listen closely for any kind of shuffling, movement, breathing or growling. You can't hear any. The only thing you hear is soft, quiet water movements. You fire a few rounds at the bridge. The residue lights up the bridge. The water around the bridge is blood red. You're pretty sure that at least half a dozen people were killed in this room. The bridge is pretty smeared with the red stuff, too. It connects directly with the water, so you'd have to submerge yourself to check the underside of it. You hesitate...but then you decide that its time again for Ray to be into water. You put your Lightspark away and take out your 10ga. You don't want that thing breaking again. You slip into the stuff quietly, no swandiving this time. Smells pretty foul...probably doesn't taste good, either, so you shut your mouth firmly after taking a deep breath. You can't see very well, the light from the residue doesn't penetrate the red water all that well. From what you can infer about the pool, its roughly 20 feet deep. You can't see the walls, so you're not sure if it stretches the length of the room. There's nothing special about the underside of the bridge. You do see something off in the distance. Something box-like. Could it be? Perhaps maybe? Oh yay! Its a present!

Ray finds a small box of grenades

From here, you can see even less. You wish you had some flares or a flashlight or something, but alas...anyway. You swim to the surface before you start gagging on blood-water. From the surface, you can see a little better about the pool. It looks as though it feeds from an underground river or irrigation ditch of some sort. You'd like to check it out, but....you remember that thing about underwater claustrophobia? Yeah....
                              Maybe if you had some Strong Alcohol?
                              That might be able to help dull your fear. The ditch looks big enough. If you could get over your fear, you might be able to swim through it. Oxygen would be another concern, however. The ditch might be too long to swim on a single breath.
                              Maybe if you had a Biosuit?
                              Wait, whats that? Theres something over at the far end of the bridge. You pull yourself up out of the water and shake yourself dry. You replace your shotgun with your Lightspark and check it out.

Ray finds a medikit and a stimpak

You pop the stimpak to give yourself a better edge.

Ray is now at 87 health

So, heres the situation. You're at the end of the short bridge.

Ahead of you is a forked passage that leads to staircases on either side. The staircases head up and straight ahead. Beyond that, you cannot see.
                              To the Left is the water inlet.
                              To the Right is...pretty much nothing.
                              Behind is the bridge that leads back to the entrance.

"Sir? I don't want to alarm you, but the light from your shots back here is starting to expire. You're uh....not gonna leave me all alone in the pitch black, are you? Please say no...."
                              Hm...press on and leave Phoenix to his own devices or go back and get him...

>
                              Last edited by Shadowswift; 01-22-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• >go back to Phoenix and de-cripple him with medikit, then both continue on bridge

Comment

Working...
                                X