Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I begin to hate it

This feels bad man.
    Some of my contacts think that i don't create content/code by myself because im 15.
    But i do of course, i have a Internetlimit and work while being offline, so i have no real proof that i did the stuff etc.

Now i've got some trouble at another forum because they think i stole a model from them, showed them a picture today that its my own model etc. so on.
    Also i feel im getting ignored at inside3d because of whatever...

Do you had any situation like this?
    Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
    Operating Engine: Engoo
    QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Back when I admin'd custom-tfc.co.uk I did often but never for models.
    Models unique. You and I could both make a Shambler model and apply the same skin and keep the same shape - however the mesh would still have huge differences even with them looking almost identical. That's due to how one makes a model. So the only way to actually prove is to show the progression for the model. My LaserCannon model for example as 62 different saves. So I could show the 100% progression AND show my scrapped ideas (where I saved, didn't like and reverted back to a older save). Generally though once I am happy with the model I usually delete the very early saves. Something to do (if you dont) and ALWAYS make a WiP thread so people see your updates from the early stages to end - that way there's never any question it's your content.
    Link to your model thread + model they say you ripped please?

Comment

That would be abit problematic. But i have the media.

They said i stole this model:
      http://up.millenia3d.net/up/DukeGun.jpg

My one (i had to delete all ingame media, sry)
      is that in 3DS Max:
      ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I used their picture as reference, because its the best picture for showing the details in the viewmodel - also i NEVER downloaded their model. When you look closer you see its not the model as in the first picture/reference window. Also this is my first 3DS Max model (got some experience back in Milkshape 3D though)

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it too much. They think you didn't make stuff themselves, well ... that's on them.

I wouldn't say you get ignored at Inside3D.com, I think some of the more experienced guys are generally more attracted to deeper conversation.

You should start posting screenshots at Inside3D.com or talk about what you are actually making more. There are a lot of newer guys and it fleshes out your character, interests and skills to show what you are making, etc.

(Did you make that whole model from top to bottom? It looks fantastic!)
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yes, i did - but i used that picture as seen in the "Front" window as reference. still have to learn howto UV right.
          Thanks!

Comment

Well people could be taking just a quick glance at the window with the model and think that's the model (especially if it's thumbnailed). At quick glance I didn't even notice your mesh in that window.
            I myself do see differences right off the start. However that's largely because I see a modeling screen way too much lol. A standard user would easily miss them.

"Aim slot" is different
            The handle isn't rounded and doesn't have the rounded ball at the end
            the "Back vents" are boxes in the orig, your's are more triangle.
            Box before the barrels is slanted, yours looks like it just ends (need a high res shot to confirm)
            Your small "rails" between the 2 boxy parts of the gun are more spread apart

Those are the ones I quickly noticed right off - I could list many more if I spent a couple more minutes comparing them.

Sadly though people are like this. Once a user makes a great model and another makes one similar - you "ripped it/them off"

Comment

Wow, thats alot! I could need this ability to recreate stuff from 2D sprites

Comment

don't worry too much.

Your model does look very similar - maybe don't use pictures of someone else's model to help make your own. That way it will end up looking very similar; the skin also looks really similar, especially the arm/hand.

Just vary them a little in the future if you want to avoid this kind of thing.

As for inside3d, it's probably what Baker says. Make sure to use the search function a lot and don't ask the same questions that other people asked. Especially don't make too many threads.

If you have really simple questions, consider asking them in IRC. Someone will usually help you.

Keep at it.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
                  Make sure to use the search function a lot and don't ask the same questions that other people asked. Especially don't make too many threads.

If you have really simple questions, consider asking them in IRC. Someone will usually help you.

Keep at it.
                  Well, i never ask any Help question at inside3d. I'm posting stuff and sometimes i ask other users about their projects - but get no answer.
                  That was the problem.

Comment

Ah, OK. Hm, I guess a lot of users are too absorbed by their own projects to post much.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

It seems that over there are all problems solved.
                      Maybe i'll get some questions from some members there for remaining stuff that needs to be solved. Thanks for helping me, was kinda in panic yesterday. The Duke 3D HRP Team already shutted some projects down because of such things - glad that 3D Realms is almost dead and they don't know if the license about HRP content has still use, else they would have shutted R-Coop down already 8 days ago.

Whoa Duke3D sprite

Comment

I'm glad you got it all worked out. It sucks hard to put a lot of work into something, only to have it rejected or ignored by your target audience... even worse if they claim you stole it from someone else.
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X