A rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rant.

I know I don't post here much anymore and I'm hardly doing anything in the Quake 1 scene as of late..but damn. I came to a somewhat sad realization.

EVERYONE IS A NERD NOW!

Seriously, even hott chicks actually play video games ( Angry Birds ) and jocks come home with a six pack to play Modern Warfare.

You use to get shit for being on the PC for too long, people would im you on AIM and be like "wtf dude? go outside. lol." Now it's cool to hangout on Facebook for hours on end.

If you were to ask a group of cheerleaders if they wanted to play Worms ( the game Angry Birds ripped off ) on your old PC in the mid to late 90s..they'd be like ew. Football player kids would give nerds shit for playing Quake and such...it's so funny how things change.

Just a thought, plus I finally noticed Apple has more money than Microsoft..yes I know..slow. I have been so busy with irl stuff, I didn't even notice. Desktops and Notebook computers aren't so big anymore. Just 3 years or so ago..Microsoft was still owning Apple hard. They should of buried them back in 1997 instead of assisting them..then we wouldn't have this hipster iTrend everywhere.

With that said, I still think a lot of the new technology is neat..but I think it's also getting a bit too silly.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

heres alil something else to add to your rant United States Will Take Control of the Web - ExtraTorrent.com The World's Largest BitTorrent System

Comment

everything is reverting back.. history repeats itself etc.. pretty soon we will all be cave beasts. You could put the old frog in a blender app on facebook or trend it on twitter and watch it go viral. I wonder when ICQ will make its comeback as a chat app? I sorta miss the old Ut Oh sound it made when i got a message.

Comment

Bender in the breakfast club said it the best:

' Demented and sad, but social. '

Comment

Is this a joke? Nerd is the definition of an intelligent person, the majority of gamers are dumb teenagers who have anger issues.

Comment

Well this is just a wee bit satirical..but the point is. Everyone is doing things only a select mass of people use to do.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by LockNLoad View Post
              Seriously, even hott chicks actually play video games ( Angry Birds )
              I thought Angry Birds was a cute screen-saver.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I am unaware of everything i read in this thread, until i read it.

I'd validate its, results, if it interested me... but i'm too damn lazy.

Still wow, seriously the death of that apple guy and the what's his face movie by stellar, did the apple > than windows?

...crazy.

i've never used a mac b4, and touch screen phones annoye me. I still use my BB pearl lol.

Comment

All I see out there are a bunch of niccotine zombies. I thought public masterbation was illegal...what happened?

Well this is just a wee bit satirical..but the point is. Everyone is doing things only a select mass of people use to do.

Comment

I wondered the same thing recently. I used to be a nerd around other kids and I was

very vocal about it, and even though they would be alright with me because I was a

pretty normal guy they'd still consider me a nerd because I did that stuff. But now?

Even though I know a lot more shit than most of my friends some of my DUMB friends do

the shit I used to do, but MORE then I do and they are on facebook all the time too -

and now it's normal. I mean I was young for what I did but this is just a bit much. I

can't remember the last time somebody combined my name and the word nerd in the

same sentence because apparently now everyone is doing this stuff.

It's fuckin weird.

Oh yeah +1 for mentioning Worms as the game Angry Birds ripped off. I love worms (Armageddon anyone?) and that game is as simple as they get. It amazes me how people could love that physics sandbox so much as they do. It seems like barely any effort went into it at all.
                    Last edited by Bloodshot; 03-19-2012, 11:28 PM.

Comment

I personally loved sim ants on snes or sega i forget which one it was on...

Comment

I know I don't post here much anymore and I'm hardly doing anything in the Quake 1 scene as of late..but damn. I came to a somewhat sad realization.

EVERYONE IS A NERD NOW!
                        cool

Seriously, even hott chicks actually play video games ( Angry Birds ) and jocks come home with a six pack to play Modern Warfare.
                        I wouldn't consider Angry Birds a proper video game... do you call your mom a gamer because she plays Farmville on facebook? I sure as hell don't.

You use to get shit for being on the PC for too long, people would im you on AIM and be like "wtf dude? go outside. lol." Now it's cool to hangout on Facebook for hours on end.

If you were to ask a group of cheerleaders if they wanted to play Worms ( the game Angry Birds ripped off ) on your old PC in the mid to late 90s..they'd be like ew. Football player kids would give nerds shit for playing Quake and such...it's so funny how things change.
                        Meh, girls still give you 'ew' if you mention you're a PC gamer. Most 'gurl gamerz lollll xD' just play **** of dooty on their brother's xbawks.

Just a thought, plus I finally noticed Apple has more money than Microsoft..yes I know..slow. I have been so busy with irl stuff, I didn't even notice. Desktops and Notebook computers aren't so big anymore. Just 3 years or so ago..Microsoft was still owning Apple hard. They should of buried them back in 1997 instead of assisting them..then we wouldn't have this hipster iTrend everywhere.

With that said, I still think a lot of the new technology is neat..but I think it's also getting a bit too silly.
                        Not sure what that has to do with gaming... Apple doesn't do games outside of trivial shit like... Angry Birds. Having an iPhone doesn't make you a nerd either, in fact, it makes you cool.
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by foq View Post
                          cool

I wouldn't consider Angry Birds a proper video game... do you call your mom a gamer because she plays Farmville on facebook? I sure as hell don't.

Meh, girls still give you 'ew' if you mention you're a PC gamer. Most 'gurl gamerz lollll xD' just play **** of dooty on their brother's xbawks.

Not sure what that has to do with gaming... Apple doesn't do games outside of trivial shit like... Angry Birds. Having an iPhone doesn't make you a nerd either, in fact, it makes you cool.

satire. also, I hope your mom really isn't playing Transmit Personal Dataville.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

...Transmit Personal Dataville.
                            Finally someone gets it. Addictive consensual privacy invasion wrapped in midless activities to ensure that no brain-dead person will feel threatened by the complexity.

Now if you excuse me, I have to go see if Person1234 watered my eflowers for me...{This is a game?!}. Aww crap my e-chicken died..{really..this can't be an actual game}. Oh look, I made a thing by pressing a key.

LOL,
                            Michael
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Planetnine
                              Facebook... Do you really need it? Do you need to be that plugged into other peoples lives? Do you want people to be that plugged into your life?
                              The right thing is a different answer for different people.

South Park had a great episode on this:

You Have 0 Friends (Season 14, Episode 4) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                              X