Tell you about a tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell you about a tool

This site has a tool that I really like. It's sort of "hidden". I stumbled across it one day and I find myself going to it often. I'm not sure if anyone else will be all that impressed with it, but I make lots of posts and I care about my posts. I like to see in real time what people are reading and make determinations as to what people want to read.

Yes, you are all (even guests) part of a huge experiment hosted by me. However, the experiment (as we are calling it) is helping me make decisions about creating things that people want. Maybe you would like to have experiments of your own, so I thought I would share this with you.

If you scroll all the way down and look to the left, you will see "Online Users:" ..click it. The page will refresh every "X time frames" (i never actually clocked it, but its like a minute or so). You can see top-down all of the activity on the site, by user (guests included).

I also find this useful to find something to read when no one is posting. Someone is always reading something and even when posting has fallen off of a cliff you can see trends in the subjects/posts that people are following.

This can also be handy to convince people of things. For instance: when I was writing Become A Quake Modder religiously, I would use that tool to determine a "curious topic", write it and then tell the guests that I knew would show up to sign up and some did.

I love data.

//now I am going to go watch you read this.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

STALKER! hehe
    Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

I wrote it like that on purpose

Really, it's a good tool if you want to write a popular thread or see if yours is becoming popular.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

I've used it for more nefarious purposes before :F
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

You would.

Comment

Working...
          X