Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion

Generally, I am pro-life. However, I will support abortion in two cases... Rape and incest.

If two lovers decide that they do not want to have children, they should give their kids away for adoption.

What is your stance on abortion?
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

murder is murder

Anyone can put their baby up for adoption.

Not sure how incest has anything to do with anything. If you are going to use the possibility of retardation as an excuse, you might as well say that the mentally challenged are not human and don't deserve life.

For those women that say, it is my body and I have the right to make my own decisions as to what to do with it. They just relnquished that right with the decision to abort, because they took ALL RIGHTS away from the life inside of them.

And all that "it's not a baby yet" garbage is a poor argument. There is a life inside of "you" and extinguishing it is murder. Unfortunately, I am guilty of murder as an accomplice. I made a joint decision as a younger and stupider man (pssh I was no man) and I am going to have to answer for that. God forgive me. I released that incredibly personal information so you can see that I am not biased.

think about it.

murder is murder.

Thou shalt not kill.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 02-14-2013, 09:46 AM.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

i dont think its a good idea to discuss this here. it WILL turn into a shit storm. for that reason im withholding my opinion.
      My Avatars!
      Quake Leagues
      Quake 1.5!!!
      Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Gah, I have to agree with syluxman on this one
        I was going to write a whole thing, however neutral, maybe not the best idea

War and Politics is one thing, but I've never seen a conversation like this end well
        And it may cross over into some people's religious beliefs
        Last edited by Kliffington; 02-14-2013, 09:57 AM.
        +Rep! I'm going to the top!

Comment

I disagree with both of you as to whether it should be discussed. This is part of the whole problem. We live in a world where people (many) are afraid to speak up because they may offend someone. This means that their message reaches no one. What if they have the truth? What if their argument causes more people to think deeply about right and wrong and search themselves for the truth?

Are we all really so vapid and self-centered that we can't hear and at least consider someone else's message/beliefs? Do (ex) my beliefs FORCE you to believe what I believe? If I don't believe what you believe will your life change in any way?

Will you hate me for considering you a murderer for any abortions you may have taken part in, while I stand here and openly admit (with shame) that I too am a murderer?

Comment

I have no problem talking about it, I think Sylux and I mean on these forums it's not warranted. I'm more concerned about offending someone and having that member and I not getting along anymore because he feels like I offended him, even if I only meant to respect him.

I personally just don't think this is the time or the place.
            There are other channel of media you can talk to people about this and find way more responses than you could here.

I wouldn't talk about this at work because I don't want any animosity from another co-worker who I rely on to get the job done, it affects everyone. It's a little different because we don't really "work together"

Have to admire the way you feel though, MG, people should speak up and stand up for what they believe and not be afraid to speak their mind, I have always believed that as well.

...and to be honest, I don't really have a stance, I'd just be mumbling facts and theories
            You can make a valid argument pro-life or pro-choice.
            Last edited by Kliffington; 02-14-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

irl sure, on this board, no.
              My Avatars!
              Quake Leagues
              Quake 1.5!!!
              Definitive HD Quake

Comment

We're working together right now. We work together everyday, toward the same ends. We all have to live here. I agree that QuakeOne is probably not the best place to discuss abortion, but in the same breath it's on the same internet as everywhere else and there isn't a different breed of humans here.

Will the opinions of those here be less valid than those at WhatDoYouThinkAboutAbortion.com? (<-made up)

I'm not trying to talk about abortion at this point. This topic has been redirected to address our penchant to keep our mouths shut. It has been diverted to consider why any place would be different than any other and how we became so "politically correct" and meek that our voices are less important than "getting along" with those that do not want to hear our voice.

If "you" cannot respect my voice. I cannot respect "your" ears.

Comment

this is a very touchy subject. People get butthurt and go on rampages over stuff like this. why get into ANOTHER debate about abortion. we all know were we stand personally. others will inevitably feel diffrently that you. with that in mind what's the point of even talking about it?
                  My Avatars!
                  Quake Leagues
                  Quake 1.5!!!
                  Definitive HD Quake

Comment

It's late, I'm tired, and I regret saying anything at all, I honestly don't even have a stance on the matter

Carry on without me, haha

Comment

I see what you're saying. You do not have the power to challenge someones beliefs and possibly give them information/perspectives that they have not considered. You don't believe in your voice.

If George Washington felt like that, we would still be an official British colony.(which could raise a whole new mega-complicated debate, but I will let it stand with the allusion that I understand more than what I said.)

Comment

I dont care about this topic either. I'm challenging you to use your voice and actually say something.

Comment

i have strong opinions on this subject, but there are times and places to spew said opinion. i will say what i feel, but i also keep an amount of self control. speaking my opinion will give nobody, including myself, no satisfaction whatsoever. with that said i doubt i will post again on this thread.

good day sir!
                          My Avatars!
                          Quake Leagues
                          Quake 1.5!!!
                          Definitive HD Quake

Comment

Originally posted by syluxman2803 View Post
                            i have strong opinions on this subject, but there are times and places to spew said opinion. i will say what i feel, but i also keep an amount of self control. speaking my opinion will give nobody, including myself, no satisfaction whatsoever. with that said i doubt i will post again on this thread.

good day sir!
                            Yeah, agreed on all accounts

Comment

What a loss. Strong opinions reserved for the sake of eluding a shit storm. I say, bring on the rain. I can swim.

Comment

Working...
                              X