Want to Play CTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to Play CTF

Ok, so I have decided to reinstall Quake 1 after many years as I used to LOVE playing CTF and still believe quake 1 is the best game of all time.

My question is, When? Where? How? and with Whom? can I play??

Any help is appreciated! and will play other MODS as well!!!

can email at kemical46 at Hotmail

for immediate response.

thanks!

I hope that my post will help you:

Click on "Home". Look at the Server Browser list on your right. Click on "Full List" and select a CTF server.

^

Seriously, I admit that I don't know much about Quake's servers. I apologize for my lack of knowledge. But hopefully, my post will start you off.
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Connect and Idle / Know some players in the community who CTF.
      thats your two options, hi im Mindz. Now you know both categories!

I'll oblige filling a player slot if you get it arranged!
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

were you known as kemical? if so, I believe I remember you. we still play ctf now and again, but everyone relies on me to get games going since I am looked up to in the quake community.
        Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

I'll play if anyone can lead me through what I need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MissCandy View Post
            I'll play if anyone can lead me through what I need to do.
            buy quake @ steam
            install it, delete opengl32.dll if it exists in your base quake folder
            install some modern quake engine ( QRACK example )
            fire it up , connect ctf.clanhdz.com and let us know what happens!

Sooner or later I'd like to be like Download quake here (quakeone.com/someurl)
            install, open, run,connect. all from within the confines of one archive would be sweet.

1 install to rule them all kinda..
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              buy quake @ steam
              install it, delete opengl32.dll if it exists in your base quake folder
              install some modern quake engine ( QRACK example )
              fire it up , connect ctf.clanhdz.com and let us know what happens!

Sooner or later I'd like to be like Download quake here (quakeone.com/someurl)
              install, open, run,connect. all from within the confines of one archive would be sweet.

1 install to rule them all kinda..
              Can I not use the ezQuake/nQuakeworld I have?

Comment

I believe those are both Quakeworld based clients ,and we're mostly focused on the original Netquake...

Fire up your quake engine, try connecting to

quake.shmack.net:26002 (NQ)

and

quake.xs4all.nl:27500 (QW)

both servers are currently active,neither are CTF, but this at least puts your foot in the door eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  I believe those are both Quakeworld based clients ,and we're mostly focused on the original Netquake...

Fire up your quake engine, try connecting to

quake.shmack.net:26002 (NQ)

and

quake.xs4all.nl:27500 (QW)

both servers are currently active,neither are CTF, but this at least puts your foot in the door eh?
                  That port 26002 was a bunch of guys on a LAN from California. Me and DYS just played with them. I played I think 2 full game and 1 partial. Wish more people would do this! Hell if anyone wants to have a LAN party in Atlanta, GA area I am down. I don't live there but it seems to be a bit close for everyone other then west coast players and canadian players.

Last edited by wicked_lord; 09-14-2014, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Just gonna buy it on Steam, and all that good jazz. Getting everything loaded now.

Comment

Not finding opengl32.dll

Comment

thats a good thing actually!

Comment

So do I extract this into the base Quake folder?

Comment

@MissCandy

Yes you place the engine files in the root Quake folder.

Comment

I think I have it working.

Comment

Working...
                              X