Looking for EARLY CTF/Multiplayer maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for EARLY CTF/Multiplayer maps

Hi All, I知 an old school quake 1 TWCTF/CTF/DM player and I知 looking for something very old.
    When the first CTF mod Pak came out for quake 1 (or net-quake) there were some maps made for it that I知 trying to find. In this first CTF mod they used Keys instead of flags if that helps with the time line of what I知 looking for. I don't believe these maps were made by Zoid/Panda but i could be wrong. I originally found them online when i got the first CTF mod pak. I downloaded them with a group of multiplayer/ctf maps. I never saw these maps used on an online CTF/TWCTF/DM quake servers. I only ever played them on my local machine against the computer bots. This was all before i discovered i could play quake online (back in the 14.4 modem days). Once i discovered that and started to play DM i lost interest in my local games/maps and continued to play Quake 1 DM/CTF/TWCTF for the next 15+ years. I壇 love to find these maps again but i have no idea where or how other than to keep asking on forums like this hoping someone remembers. I still keep up with my TWCTF community but sadly none of them know the maps I知 talking about but most of them came into the quake 1 scene later than i did once quake world was created and net quake died out.

The maps are not part of the CTF1/9, TWCTF1/9, CTF2m#, DM, rocket arena, e#m#, or TF series.
    They were specific to Capture the flag as each had a base which was mirrored on the other side with different colors to determine which base you were in.
    They had pedistals for the keys (keys were converted to flags in the final CTF released pak)
    it's possible it was only used in NetQuake.

One of the maps I remember was a very large single room with lots of crates on the floor with walk ways between them like a maze. On either end was an elevated room/look out area where the key was located. I believe there was an elevator/platform going up to it. I believe the room was bright, white walls. The crates were the normal brown color. I don稚 remember any power ups on the map.

The other map, I do not remember the main part only the flag room. The entrance to the flag room is large and opened. The floor was sloped down to a single pedestal with the key on it. There was a wooden walk way around 3 sides of the room with stain glass windows on the 3 walls. The ceiling was opened to the sky with a ledge up high you could use the grapple hook to get to. Off the main flag room was one door/stairs that lead down to a small room with armor and I believe the other base had health instead of armor.

This is all I can remember of these maps. I remember I had probably 7 maps designed for CTF play but were before CTF became popular. Any help finding these maps would be grately appreciated.

For the love of them game.

Simple-Rule
    Clan RaVage

This sounds like the first map you describe... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl-qwtgv1PQ CTF8

Comment

Yeah it's not Ctf8/strong box or any version of it but close to the same idea. I believe it was all one large room with the bases in the room and only a single wall in front of the key pedestals to hide the keys..

It's possible the 2nd map I described is from q2 or q3 but I haven't been able to find pictures of it.

Comment

Last edited by Spectre8750; 05-17-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Good ole 3Wave Ctf and Thunderwalker. Lots of fun there. You can get the maps right here.

Comment

my thoughts was Orange CTF(the only one I have no knowledge about), the only thing I could turn up was this link..

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...-memorial.html

That's a hotbed of things that could jolt your memory.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Yet no mention of Starwars CTF?! Weirddd...

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

That's a hotbed of things that could jolt your memory.

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
                Yet no mention of Starwars CTF?! Weirddd...

starwarsquake??makes me wonder how they was allowed to even get near the name Starwars?

http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~nv91-gta/quake/
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                X