No announcement yet.

ctf.quakeone.com - what should it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try to remember that you're talking about Quake... a game where if you don't have either the RL or the LG then you're fucked. Then consider the implications of that on CTF... and you'll see that it's bad for any game, if 50% of the time (or more) you can't do anything helpful before being fragged...
    16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
    16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
      I tried out ctf.quakeone.com , and since it has no belly hook,you can keep your gaming @ ctf.quakeone.com until both sides of the fence get some respect (both being supported).. if I am forced to use an axe hook,I'll just play at 3wave crctf.clanhdz.com and not bother with ctf.quakone

Congradulations,you've officially continued the tradition of adding one more CTF server that isnt going to gain public interest / new CTF players.
      Mindz, did you connect ctf.quakeone.com? and use +hook bind??
      its been there since day one, and crctf.quakeone.com also has the belly hook,
      im not sure what impulse u use for bellyhook but 98/97 has been added for the last year or so since yellow requested it. (though im considering removing it)
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

dont remove a belly hook ;O

and I tried using +hook , and was only able to get "impulse 22" to work

somethings fishy,and it aint me

Rook check your damn PM haha or sign on MSN,do something !
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

My suggestion is just to leave the server as unmodded as you can. A slow-hook would be good. Everything else can probably be left at default though. Don't try to merge CTF with Runes or Clan Arena, CTF is good as it is and doesn't need elements from other game modes. I like Clan Arena and Runes, but that doesn't mean i want to see them merged together in any way. Leave weapon damages the same, they are fine how they are. Don't need an 8x shotgun or any BS like that. All the ID1 maps are good, shouldn't have to download additional maps to play CTF, that will only put people off. Hope to see a CTF comeback soon...it would appear a lot of people are still interested in CTF, just need to find a good time to play.
          Last edited by Adaman; 08-13-2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X