Spam Protection GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Protection GL

So you fire 5 grenades at clanhdz server and your grenade launcher disappears. Wasn't that a feature when people had crap computers and dialup connections? Please don't nerf this weapon. I like spamming grenades, nobody forces your hand to jump on the bombs and I seriously doubt they lag anybody these days.

It is my favorite weapon so please and thanks.
    Life is Grand!

I'm guessing the feature is there to keep people from abusing the unlimited ammo in certain mods.

Comment

well there is a difference in using gl to spam and throw a few grenades in specific places for tactical reasons..

as far as i know the only mod or game-mode for that matter that uses spam protection is the practice-mode in both cr-mod and runequake, which is obviously for the reason C*S just pointed out..

Comment

Trinicom, the most popular USA CTF server for ages until about this time last year, had grenade spam protection. It may even be an option in CRMOD.

I'm not enough of a CTF'er to know whether grenade spam protection is a good thing or a bad thing, but I didn't like it at Trinicom because if the GL was the only weapon I had, I basically couldn't use it.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

CA has Spam Protection , all CAx and CA+ servers have this. CTF servers that I know of do not have this , and the S.P. is there so that players are gayed by *insert gay player here* spamming the fuck out of GL's from say, lifts exit , rotunda,quad , or even bridge's.Here's a hint, Spam 3 GL's at a time,then wait 2seconds,then throw 3 more. Or something to that effect, you can spam GL's but you cant just hold the button down and keep chucking them over,and over without releasing the fire button.

enjoy spamming,you'll get cussed for it in CA haha
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
          X