CTF night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF night!

im going to put together a CTF night, much like the old CTF thursdays, but more player-interactive.

first off, those who want to play, voice your opinion! should it be 3wave CTF or public CTF? the pro side to 3wave is that its cleaner, more organized, and the bases are much more ballanced. the con side is that people have to download paks for it and a lot of people hate to download anything, not everyone is familier with the 3wave maps, and i think 3wave is not compatible with the original Quake clients (Q95, Winquake, GL Quake)
    so, if its gonna be 3wave, it'll be a lot more "professional", but it will limit how many people will want to play.
    3wave CTF
    33.33%
    Public CTF
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

I'm very busy but could make time for a few games if I knew the date/time ahead of time.

And 3wave FTW

Comment

I'd prefer 3wav myself but the other con you didn't mention is orginization and getting people to play. First off, with tons of random people no one can ever decide on teams and maps and it takes forever to get a game going. Secondly, lots of "noobs" won't play 3wav so you'll only have a few of the "untouchables" playing. With the pub ctf night we had lots of people joining in, some who did not play 3wav ctf.

Since we haven't done a CTF Night in awhile, I'd suggest starting with pub ctf and getting people to the servers. You can always carry games over to a 3wav server or evolve the CTF Night into a 3wav CTF Night once people start playing again.

Comment

For nostaligia's sake (I just found this site today and Hell YES I'm going to start playing Quake 1 again) I vote public CTF (that's with converted original maps right? with the keys as the flags?) - I remember having days and days of pure fun all those years ago.

All in all yes I agree with Solecord, start with public and then get those that stick around to get something a bit more organized.

Comment

i think 3wave is not compatible with the original Quake clients (Q95, Winquake, GL Quake)
          o_O ? news to me, considering 3wave ctf is one of the older mods, long before sourceports... im pretty damn sure they have a normal progs.dat as well as a qwprogs.dat

i love the look of the original 3wave ctf. McKinley Base holds so many memories for me...
          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow

i love the look of the original 3wave ctf. McKinley Base holds so many memories for me...
            Aint that the truth. McKinley Base, aka CTF1, was my absolute favorite.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

CTF Night will be held again tonight at whatever time people want to play. show up whenever you want, leave whenever you want. but, for sake of organization, we'll say that the game begins at....oh, 7:30pm. be at crctf.clanhdz.com and play the wonderful game known as Capture the Flag til the cows come home

i unfortunately will not be able to attend this week. hopefully, though, you can all have plenty of fun without me.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply (and sorry for asking on the wrong topic! ). I’ll be there for sure, though a little late.

Comment

i'' be there this week, ill idle there off and on.. untill theres atleast a good 2 on 2
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Let's show up tonight, everyone! Last time the best we got was a 2x2, and i think CTF requires at least a 3x3 to be really fun.

Comment

nah, tonight probably wont be good for a lot of people. i say we move it to tomorrow at 7:30 pm.

anyone disagree?

Comment

That's fine, i did notice that there seemed to be more people online on friday than on thursday last week, but when i was finally able to join it was almost over. Let's see if i get more lucky this time.

Comment

I included a blurb about CTF night in my Happy Thanksgiving news item. If you want to play CTF be on tonight but we'll for sure extend it for tomorrow night as well.

Comment

did anyone show up? i was there for a while, and i kept an eye on the server list from this site, i didnt see a whole lot of anything.

oh well. hopefully, tomorrow will be hoppin

Comment

Who knows, if I remember, I might even show up.

Happy Thanksgiving folks
                              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Working...
                              X