PUB CTF NIGHT: Thursday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUB CTF NIGHT: Thursday?

I've talked to several people about what they thought about having a "ctf night", and everyone seems willing. The idea is, everyone try to play on a specific day, for example Thursday. We could get some nice big games going, and hopefully get some CTF action going, which has been pretty dead since trinicom blew up. So I'm suggesting:

Pub CTF Night Thursdays on quake.intertex.net

Sound good? (b)
    uakene.com

I'll play if enough players show up.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Beer and Spicy Buffalo Wings on Old Yeller!

Comment

I'll play if my ping is good (70 or below) and I get quake installed by then.

Comment

Enough players?

Bah, SP CTF is the way to go, you ARE the star then.

All you need for CTF is 4 people and a tight map.
          Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

True, all u really need is 4 but 8 on 8 is wickedly old school! The maps are rotated after each game with the ability for players to vote for a map change, after which it cycles back into the rotation.. so everything is kosher. All maps are standard id maps (within the rotation) xctf has its shareware maps cornered. But Honestly ANY Quaker can play CTF, without any problems.
            Basic goal is get flag, defend your flag, and help flag carrier, oh an also KILL THE ENEMY!!!!

Comment

And BTW, intertex has runequake binds aliased, so you don't have to rebind if you're a RQer.

rune-tell = flag status
              rune-delete = same, drop rune
              rune-use = drop ammo for current weapon
              and of course +hook for hook.

Players who are used to the super fast RQ hook often think the ctf hook is too slow. The hook in ctf needs to be a bit slower, or it ruins the game. The hook on intertex is pretty fast though, by ctf standards.
              Last edited by Yellow No. 5; 03-27-2006, 12:04 PM.
              uakene.com

Comment

SEE TEE EFF!!!!

i'm there dude

Comment

I'll try and make it... haven't been playing much at all but def willing to if others are too.

Comment

Around what time will everyone show?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

It's more of a general suggestion people play on Thursday nights. Planning specifics doesn't work so well cause people aren't free at the same times, etc. For me I'm not free till after 9 or 10 central.
                      uakene.com

Comment

Keep checking the server block to see if people are there or not. Also if you just idle in the server, people will eventually show up

Comment

I'll be there with my squeeze at 8pmish

Comment

Yeah, I'll come at 8:00 PM EST. If my ping is good I'll stay, if not, I'm out. (i am VERY rusty at ctf.

Comment

The Sniper Who says Eh said
                              I'll be there with my squeeze at 8pmish
                              I just visualized use at the pc with a juicebox... That is what I think of when someone says squeeze.

I dont get off work till 10pm tonight... Im sure Id get owned nonetheless.
                              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
                              X