CTF tourney signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF tourney signups

So, I've put the ctf league off for a couple of weeks, because a new site was being designed and now we're finally ready for the changes. We'll begin taking sign-ups as follows, each team that signs up needs a three player roster, and no more than three players. You are all now responsible for forming your own teams. I feel that when we predetermined the teams it led to some communication issues, now I'm going to leave the burden of communication on you guys. When you sign your teams up you will need three things, an e-mail for each player, a team name, and an irc channel. If you can't manage those 3 things, then you won't have a team. I realize that you all can't be on irc all the time, but if you have a channel setup and your team members idle there as much as they can, matches will be relatively easy to setup. There will be a sign-up form on the website, which should be finished tonight. You can either sign your team up there, post your team here, or just message me your team. For the players who aren't on a team, but still want to participate you can also sign up individually and I will place you on one of the existing teams. I'm hoping this will allow us to have 4 players per team. I'm going to run this like a tournament for the first run, instead of a league. We'll plan on it being a 3 v 3 tournament unless time conflicts only allow you guys to do a 2 v 2. I'm going to shorten the maps that you all may choose from, since it is a tourney, but it will include ctf 1, ctf2m8, ctf2m3, pigremix, red alert, and a couple others. The new website is http://www.jlcl.net/zero/ctf/

(in a gamespy voice)

lets get it on with the killing
    uakene.com

Comment

http://revival.jlcl.net - easier to remember
      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Random teams seemed like a better idea.... oh well.

Comment

sup sole.. long time no see!

The teams will be monitored as I understand it.. i.e... no bosh, ramp and vis on the same team

Comment

Yeah.... I deleted myself from the old tourney page, but I'm on the new one. I'm too busy now that school has started and on Sundays(a likely day for tournament matches) I'll be busy with Bengals games and then any unfinished work I need to get done for Monday. So good luck with the tourn I hope it actually happens I just can't participate in it now. Thanks!

Comment

Yea...

Comment

no one is preventing you from joining any team you want. I believe they just want people to be reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by monoz View Post
                  no one is preventing you from joining any team you want. I believe they just want people to be reasonable.
                  that and COMMUNICATE
                  uakene.com

Comment

To be honest, I'm not going to put any restrictions on the teams that sign up. I just want everyone to be with teammates they want to play with, so that communication is better.

Comment

guys...we are starting to get teams put together. plz post here or signup on the website if you want to participate in the event. http://revival.jlcl.net

If you do not have a team.. we can place you on one.

Comment

ctf tourney

just signed up.

Comment

i signed up now. i have no team either. I would like to be placed on a winning team please. I can bring more win to the team as well.

Comment

signed up. there should be a few other players like dabooty, frenzy, whyc, vis (just read that he signed him), cinsere, destroyer that should sign up. i think we should avoid players who dont play with us every weekend because those will be players that will be hard to find and will probably not show up. that I think was the reason why most teams did not show up in the 'pre-season tourney'.

good luck with the organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman View Post
                              signed up. there should be a few other players like dabooty, frenzy, whyc, vis (just read that he signed him), cinsere, destroyer that should sign up. i think we should avoid players who dont play with us every weekend because those will be players that will be hard to find and will probably not show up. that I think was the reason why most teams did not show up in the 'pre-season tourney'.

good luck with the organization.

hm?

Comment

Working...
                              X