CTF - who's still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF - who's still around?

ever since crackdog moved quake 1 ctf seems to have died, again. who's still around and wanting to play?

ME!
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Last week I spotted some players on ctf.clanhdz.com and we actually had about five pickup games. Most of the games were 3 v 3.

I'm having the itch to play some ctf again after my hiatus, so if others are interested I think we should pick one night a week where we get together for pickup games. Off the top of my head I'm guessing Sunday, or Monday will work best.

I don't know how many people are still checking the ctf forums, so if needed I can shoot an e-mail to a few people. I know I still have a few e-mails of a few former active players.

Comment

Any of you try thunderwalker ctf before?

We play twice a week on Thursday and Saturday nights.

ThunderWalker Revival

Comment

Thunderwalk looks like crap..

If i could get my quake back I'd play CTF every sunday, no Quake, no CTF

Comment

i wanna play sum threewave !

Comment

im here

Comment

The problem with it is the only ctf servers are west coast, and since most of the old ctfers are east coast we dont enjoy playing with 100+ ping like clanhdz.com if speaknow runs a Crctf port. Ill get like 5-6 ctfers playing no problem

Comment

1) ctf.clanhdz.com is in Dallas, not the west coast.

2) We had a server in chicago for a long time that Destroyer and Frenzy helped put up, it was ctf.quakezone.net. No one played there.

Half of the old active ctf guys were from the west coast, like Muller, Dabooty, Shaolin, HW and Vis . When they played at ctf.quakezone.net they would ping 70 - 100 there, while players like bsh and rampage ping around 20 there. At ctf.clanhdz.com the pings for everyone are relatively close.

Comment

Crackdog is right.

In the past, we've done some "research", and the HDz server seemed to come out on top.

For awhile, I had yayowave.quakeone.com (Chicago) up, and due to the fact that a lot of us pinged 20, and the rest 90+, it kind of killed 3wave at that point because of the unfair ping.

DestroyeR hosted/hosts ctf.quakezone.net , and I had him switch that to 3wave, and as Crackdog said, nobody played on it.

HDz is kind of "neutral" stomping grounds, and has always come out being the server that the majority of us play on because it's centralized and the advantages/disadvantages kind of equal out.

I don't know what Neil means by "most of the old ctf'ers are east coasters", completely innacurate. Most the ctf'ers left are either central or west coast.

p.s. I'm still around for some 3wave, I been itching to play, but none of you are ever on.
                    uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                      The problem with it is the only ctf servers are west coast, and since most of the old ctfers are east coast we dont enjoy playing with 100+ ping like clanhdz.com if speaknow runs a Crctf port. Ill get like 5-6 ctfers playing no problem
                      Actually DESTROYER runs a crctf server in Chicago its in the same rack mounted servers as SpeakNow.com. I cant remember the DNS but the ip addy is

Well, I tell ya I get 62 ping at Destroyer's server and it plays BETTER than another server at 62 ping at ticrate 0.05. (ie crctf.clan-rum.org) and thats east coast no?
                      Last edited by R00k; 01-28-2009, 09:46 PM.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                        I don't know what Neil means by "most of the old ctf'ers are east coasters", completely innacurate. Most the ctf'ers left are either central or west coast.

p.s. I'm still around for some 3wave, I been itching to play, but none of you are ever on.
                        I mean exactly how i wrote it, i said OLD ctfers not the ctfers left between me bosh kwong bb rampage cancerous so on and so forth are all east coast, i also have never even heard of these other ctf servers which your speaking of but regardless i only offered it as a reason why we dont play, i refuse to play on hdz's servers as i ping 100+ and constantly spike, always have, always will.

Comment

cd - send out some emails to shao, dabooty, hw, bsh, muller... just tell them to check the forum once in a while. I say sundays 10 pm EST, like usual, is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
                            I mean exactly how i wrote it, i said OLD ctfers not the ctfers left between me bosh kwong bb rampage cancerous so on and so forth are all east coast, i also have never even heard of these other ctf servers which your speaking of but regardless i only offered it as a reason why we dont play, i refuse to play on hdz's servers as i ping 100+ and constantly spike, always have, always will.
                            You, Kwong, Rampage and Cancerous are old CTF'ers Bosh = newschool as far as ctf goes.

I think you just weren't around, or were playin something else while we had these servers up and going. You've been gone a long time from 3wave
                            uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                              Actually DESTROYER runs a crctf server in Chicago its in the same rack mounted servers as SpeakNow.com. I cant remember the DNS but the ip addy is

Well, I tell ya I get 62 ping at Destroyer's server and it plays BETTER than another server at 62 ping at ticrate 0.05. (ie crctf.clan-rum.org) and thats east coast no?
                              Somebody told me tonight that ctf.quakezone.net is coming out in Washington?
                              uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                              X