Panix's CTF Demos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panix's CTF Demos

I just spent a good couple hours going through the ctf demos I've started recording in the past couple months to make sure I only uploaded the demos that weren't screwed up (several of them I forgot to stop after the game was over so when the match changed, the rest of the demo fubar'd).

I know I play like shit so don't laugh at my playing style too bad.

There's several good close games. Here's the links on challenge-tv:

Panix playing at Hating.com (E4M3)

And here's a demo I found in my old CTF directory of me playing at Hating.com on my old 1 way cable modem against some random people. The conversation at the end is kinda funny.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the demos. If you see some real stupid shit I've done, tell me what I can do to improve.
    Last edited by Panix; 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM.
    PanterA-RuM - chase_active 1 - Panix!

thanks panix!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

omg panix, twice you had RL and didn't even realize it! This is referring to the game last night on ctf2m8 where you got that last second cap.

Comment

i just watched the demo with me, cd, and woods on the same team..

it would have been a bit better if stein wasn't new to CTF.. so essentially it was like 4on3..

you carried them for the most part pant, but some times stuff just seemed to fall right into your hands, like the 100 h's and random flag bearers appearing in front of you at just the right time

it was a great game nonetheless.. watch worthy

CTF2m8, dl it if you have 20 min to spare to watch a really good game

Comment

Originally posted by PapaSmurf View Post
          omg panix, twice you had RL and didn't even realize it! This is referring to the game last night on ctf2m8 where you got that last second cap.
          Wow. I just watched the demo and I see what you mean. I really don't remember having a rl on that flag return I made after suiciding to get a closer respawn. I think I was just more worried about getting the flag back for the return. I think I saw the other occurrence you are referring to but I don't really remember much about it. Sorry.

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
          i just watched the demo with me, cd, and woods on the same team..

it would have been a bit better if stein wasn't new to CTF.. so essentially it was like 4on3..

you carried them for the most part pant, but some times stuff just seemed to fall right into your hands, like the 100 h's and random flag bearers appearing in front of you at just the right time

it was a great game nonetheless.. watch worthy

CTF2m8, dl it if you have 20 min to spare to watch a really good game
          I wouldn't say I carried them. We wouldn't have won if it hadn't been for vis and the others running the flag so much. I just tried to get quad and return the flag. After watching the demo, my grappling seemed really sloppy. I know I can do alot better than that. I need to change how my mouse is setup on the table. I know i have problems moving around sometimes. I think it may help fix that and my aim some.

In stein(lunatichigh)'s defense, he's a really cool guy. He's progressed alot in the past month from how he was playing. I commend him for sticking with it and keep playing with us even though he knows we kick his ass. I've noticed him getting more kills lately and his grappling is definitely better. So don't hate too much. It's nice to have new people playing.

Finally, I remember back in the day I had some script for playing demos that had keys binded for rewind, super rewind, fast forward, super fast forward, pause, zoom and all kinds of stuff that's useful for playing demos. Anyone have a script like this? Or what are the demo specific commands I should be aware of?

Comment

Rather than post a whole new thread I thought I'd throw the link to the Monday night/TuesdayAM Threewave match-up:

Challenge-TV.com

This was a good match up on chaotic e4m3. Team1 is Cd, Scott (Scott really did not want to play this map), and Shao. Team2 is Woods, Rampage, and Ghost. There were several lead changes and the game was tied at one point mid to late game. I lost my connection in the final minute, so no autostats. There were no lead changes in the final minute.

Comment

This is what I use:

Code:
              //File for playing demos in Net Quake.

//Pause

alias pause_switch "pause_on"
              alias pause_on "host_framerate .000001;alias pause_switch pause_off;echo Pause"
              alias pause_off "host_framerate 0;alias pause_switch pause_on;echo Unpause"

bind f8 "pause_switch"

//Super slow-motion

alias +sslow "cl_demospeed .1;echo Super Slow-motion"
              alias -sslow "cl_demospeed 1"

bind f1 "+sslow"

//Slow-motion

alias +slow "cl_demospeed .5;echo Slow-motion"
              alias -slow "cl_demospeed 1"

bind f2 "+slow"

//Fast forward

alias +fast "cl_demospeed 3;echo Fast forward"
              alias -fast "cl_demospeed 1"

bind f3 "+fast"

//Super Fast forward

alias +sfast "cl_demospeed 6;echo Super Fast forward"
              alias -sfast "cl_demospeed 1"

bind f4 "+sfast"

//Rewind

alias +rewind "cl_demorewind 1;echo Rewind"
              alias -rewind "cl_demorewind 0"

bind f5 "+rewind"

//Fast Rewind

alias +frewind "cl_demorewind 1;cl_demospeed 3;echo Fast Rewind"
              alias -frewind "cl_demorewind 0;cl_demospeed 1"

bind f6 "+frewind"

//Miscellaneous settings
              scr_conspeed 99999999999999999

echo "Press F1 for Super Slow-motion"
              echo "Press F2 for Slow-motion"
              echo "Press F3 for Fast forward"
              echo "Press F4 for Super Fast forward"
              echo "Press F5 for Rewind"
              echo "Press F6 for Fast Rewind"
              echo "Press F8 for Pause (toggle)"

Comment

Thanks Scott! I been looking for that forever
                uakene.com

Comment

Yeah, thanks man. I wasn't sure what the commands for manipulating demo speeds where.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy View Post
                    Thanks Scott! I been looking for that forever
                    I've had that since about 1997, though I updated it when they implemented the cl_demospeed and cl_demorewind variables. Before we couldn't rewind, and using host_framerate was the only way to speed up and slow down demos.

Comment

Bump for adding a new demo from playing earlier. Good game to watch. I'm gonna go back and add dates to the other demos.

I'm gonna use this thread for new demos and I can add other people's demos if they want to the main thread so people don't have to hunt looking other people's demos.

Comment

I'm the one without the tit.

ps. in Qrack u can just use the ARROW keys, up = faster down = slower, right = forward, left = rewind...
                        [enter] = reset all.

Anyone else smell bacon?

wow the beer is kickn in but does anyone else think that, that pigs ass looks like jabba the hut's face??
                        Last edited by R00k; 04-18-2009, 11:30 PM.
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

pig tits hehe way to go rook... things can only go up from here heheh.

Panix!: use the "autostats" command! or set your bind x "autodemo;autostats" (rook i need verification here) so that they're enable with the push of 1.. count it 1 button ;p.

oh and i only have like 10 min of that ctf1 game on sunday.. if you know how to make a split screen demo in avi where both our views of the game are pieced together that would be wicked.

Comment

Edit: Yes, autostats is the way to go for a complete console dump of gameplay information!

If you are using Qrack, use cl_autodemo 2 for match mode games.
                            This will automatically record demos at the time the server starts counting down below 3 2 1 -> begin...
                            and stops recording if you disconnect, or the match has ended.

This also works on CAx but not with speaknow's 1.90 version (my bad).
                            Also for servers like ctf.quakeone.com, or pub mode games cl_autodemo 1 will record ANY game from map start to map end. This also works for single player games!!!
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                              Edit: Yes, autostats is the way to go for a complete console dump of gameplay information!

If you are using Qrack, use cl_autodemo 2 for match mode games.
                              This will automatically record demos at the time the server starts counting down below 3 2 1 -> begin...
                              and stops recording if you disconnect, or the match has ended.

This also works on CAx but not with speaknow's 1.90 version (my bad).
                              Also for servers like ctf.quakeone.com, or pub mode games cl_autodemo 1 will record ANY game from map start to map end. This also works for single player games!!!
                              Too bad I use proquake Hax0r Baker's code and put autodemo in there!

Comment

Working...
                              X