off-hand hook in 3wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off-hand hook in 3wave

I know this is blasphemous, but knowledge shouldn't be censored. Using the 3wave hook, there is a way to effectively have the off-hand hook in 3wave. It will still have the same mechanics as the normal 3wave hook, but by using aliases, you can have one button used to throw your hook independently from your shooting button. Anyway here goes:
    Code:
    //Standard Weapon Aliases
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////
    //The following aliases will work as if you
    //are selecting each weapon normally.  It will
    //always show that you have your grapple hook
    //out, but when you fire it will instantly
    //switch to your selected weapon and fire, then
    //switch back to grapple hook.

alias +weap1 "impulse 1;		+attack"
    alias +weap2 "bestweapon 2 1;		+attack"
    alias +weap3 "bestweapon 3 2 1;		+attack"
    alias +weap5 "bestweapon 5 4 2 1;	+attack"
    alias +weap6 "bestweapon 6 2 1;		+attack"
    alias +weap7 "bestweapon 7 6 5 3 4 2 1;	+attack"
    alias +weap8 "bestweapon 8 2 1;		+attack"

alias -weap1 "-attack ; impulse 22"
    alias -weap2 "-attack ; impulse 22"
    alias -weap3 "-attack ; impulse 22"
    alias -weap5 "-attack ; impulse 22"
    alias -weap6 "-attack ; impulse 22"
    alias -weap7 "-attack ; impulse 22"
    alias -weap8 "-attack ; impulse 22"

alias weapon1 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap1"
    alias weapon2 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap2"
    alias weapon3 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap3"
    alias weapon5 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap5"
    alias weapon6 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap6"
    alias weapon7 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap7"
    alias weapon8 "impulse 22; bind MOUSE1 +weap8"

bind 1 "weapon1"
    bind 2 "weapon2"
    bind 3 "weapon3"
    bind 4 "weapon4"
    bind 5 "weapon5"
    bind 6 "weapon6"
    bind 7 "weapon7"
    bind 8 "weapon8"

//use this to switch to rocket launcher and
    //stay attached to the wall.  Think waiting for
    //quad on ctf2m8.
    bind t "bestweapon 7 6 5 3 4 2 1"

//Quickshot Weapon Aliases
    //The following aliases work as quickshot
    //aliases, meaning they will fire a desired
    //weapon from a secondary fire button 
    //(e.g. MOUSE2), then switch back to allow you
    //to fire your primary weapon from your primary
    //fire button (eg. MOUSE1).

alias +lg "bestweapon 8 2 1;+attack"
    alias -lg "impulse 22;-attack;bind MOUSE1 +weap7"

alias +gl "bestweapon 6 2 1;+attack"
    alias -gl "impulse 22;-attack;bind MOUSE1 +weap7"

alias +sg "bestweapon 2 1;+attack"
    alias -sg "impulse 22;-attack;bind MOUSE1 +weap7"

//Weapon Settings

bind x "weapon1"
    bind v "weapon2"
    bind w "weapon3"
    bind g "weapon5"
    //bind a "weapon6"
    bind r "weapon7"

bind MOUSE1 "+weap7"
    bind MOUSE2 "+lg"
    bind MOUSE3 "+attack"
    bind MOUSE4 "+gl"
    bind mouse5 "+sg"
    bind a "+weap1"
    Last edited by PapaSmurf; 05-09-2009, 09:22 AM. Reason: removed spaces in the weaponX binds.

i luv u

Comment

did you try it yet? does it work for you?

If you tried it, you have to realize, that there can still be a delay when firing the hook, especially after firing a rocket. This is due to the inherent time delay of firing rockets, and it affects firing any weapon afterward.

Comment

didn't try it yet but i will. the coding is elegant

Comment

This comes from, of all people, of one, whom i felt was supporting the reasoning behind why i disabled the off-hand hook from MATCH mode. I can enable impulse 47/48 for match mode but imho this over simplifies the hook. Next people are gonna make a bunnyhopping bind

But hey if u can achieve it thru a macro then its legal and all up to the end user!

Im too old to undo how I have learned to hook but might be an edge for new players
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

is that script something to give you shmack hooking?
            PanterA-RuM - chase_active 1 - Panix!

Comment

Originally posted by Panix View Post
              is that script something to give you shmack hooking?
              Essentially yes. You still will have a delay when firing the hook after firing a slow weapon (RL, GL, SSG), but the mechanics work like shmack (runequake) hooking. One thing to note, however, is lag may interfere with the macros. But, if r00k keeps working on his client side prediction code, this will become moot.

r00k, I was never against the off-hand hook, and the way you implemented it, this works essentially the same way, but through macros. If ppl want to use it, they can, again, I'm not one to decide the censoring of information.

Comment

i should add that i was the reason rook disabled "off hand" hook in ctf. i'm an avid runequaker, and he got sick of me hooking him!! hahahhah!

Comment

No silly, actually I added the OFF hand hook FOR you!!
                  Visine politely asked me to disable it atleast for MATCH mode.
                  Though, I did hate it when u hooked me > 50% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    ... but imho this over simplifies the hook. Next people are gonna make a bunnyhopping bind
                    hehe too late, i already tried that last year
                    ...though it was because i kept slowing down after my hooks.. but then i tried making a hook script that was nothing like papasmurfs *nice btw* and that just made me stick to the walls about 30% of the time.

Comment

Hmm actually you can use impulse 69, which will switch back to your previous weapon...

alias +hook "impulse 22;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;+attack"
                      alias -hook "-attack;-attack;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;impulse 69"

i use the waits incase of lag, and the double -attack to insure u wont get stuck shooting a wall.

Comment

This thread might not be the best place to ask this but it was one of the only ones that came up doing a search.

Is there a longer delay on firing rockets in shmack runequake? This morning I decided to actually give runequake a shot and I noticed that rockets fire almost twice as slow as normal. No one playing on the server seemed to know wtf I was talking about when I asked so I am wondering if it has something to do with me using a cfg similar to the one PapaSmurf has posted in this thread. Is there a weapon switch delay or something in runequake? I have mouse2 bound to "+rl" where +rl is "impulse 7;+attack"...

Comment

no, time+0.8, but in runequake it wont switch weapons until the attack_finished from the last weapon, so lets say u fire a nade and switch to rl, the switch wont visually appear until time > time + 0.6 where as in CAx it will switch to the new weapon in time +0.2 seconds but wont fire until time > time + 0.6, if that makes any sense. This allows a trade off of waiting to fire or waiting to fire while swapping weapons, something normal quake neglected.
                          Last edited by R00k; 07-29-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

also make sure to set weapon-toggles to [disabled]
                            and in case of alternative weapons are on.. alternative to RL takes much longer to reload then the normal RL.. so maybe thats why it seemed slow..

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
                              also make sure to set weapon-toggles to [disabled]
                              and in case of alternative weapons are on.. alternative to RL takes much longer to reload then the normal RL.. so maybe thats why it seemed slow..
                              This is what the problem was...I jumped on shmack for a minute last night to test it out again and realized that it keeps switching back to alternate weapons every time I hit +rl ("impulse 7;+attack").

Comment

Working...
                              X