What made CTF so fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spooker View Post
    rook what's up with the silly hook speed on some ctf servers lately? (i forget which ones) you know, where it shoots out really slow, but then one it attaches, you move way too fast? how do we disable that....
    Thats the way original 3wave was 1st created, 800 fire velocity and once attached it pulled at 1000. Actually version 1.0 was 1000x1000 but in 1.2 Zoid reduced it.
    In my version of CRCTF I've inverted the speeds to 1000x800 (about 5 years ago) which makes the game a bit slower and creating more fights instead of a bunny hopping race mod.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

On ctf.quakeone the hook was very fast. Was that your mod?

I think Zoid had the right approach - a fast hook and the bunny hopping seems to increase lag. I have noticed times when I am playing one of these 'hookers' who fly around the map all game, it throws off the speed at which my quake guy moves..unless I become a flyer too. Lets just invent a new model with the guys legs sawed off, and put wings on em. Either that, or put in a stamina bar like the Quake 3 / Wolfenstien sprint function....runs down as you use the hook, unless you have Strength or haste rune. At least that way its a little more reasonable to other physics in the game. Probably a moot point now that no one plays... Horse already left, now close the gate.

Originally posted by R00k View Post
      Thats the way original 3wave was 1st created, 800 fire velocity and once attached it pulled at 1000. Actually version 1.0 was 1000x1000 but in 1.2 Zoid reduced it.
      In my version of CRCTF I've inverted the speeds to 1000x800 (about 5 years ago) which makes the game a bit slower and creating more fights instead of a bunny hopping race mod.

Comment

sethook is the command at ctf.quakeone.com or crctf.clanhdz.com
        The speed of the hook is faster, but the speed of the pull is slower, thus reducing the speed the player "flies around the map". Making it more challenging. You can also sethook OFF for quake3 style gameplay. Also bunny hopping is capped, via an admin cfg option.

CTF isnt dead we are all just waiting for CD to get back online. I would love to play CapturePhobopolis anytime!!

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          sethook is the command at ctf.quakeone.com or crctf.clanhdz.com
          The speed of the hook is faster, but the speed of the pull is slower, thus reducing the speed the player "flies around the map". Making it more challenging. You can also sethook OFF for quake3 style gameplay. Also bunny hopping is capped, via an admin cfg option.

CTF isnt dead we are all just waiting for CD to get back online. I would love to play CapturePhobopolis anytime!!
          So the server that everyone plays CTF is down? For how long has it been down? BTW, is it netquake or qw?

Although, Q1CTF is pretty much dead, imo. NOT dead, to me, means searching for a Q1CTF game at ANYtime and ANYday of the week and finding 20+ servers with tons of people on them, just like back in the day.

Comment

Still looking for a host for my Tekbot_CTF mod which is fun to play - but no hosting providers I contact will support Quake 1 anymore.

Comment

CD is a player (CrackDog), who seems when he's online people show up.

We should just poll for a day to play a series of games/maps.

Comment

Working...
              X