CTF1 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF1 Demo

For anyone interested, I rarely do this but I demoed a match last night 3v3 on CTF1 from my POV.

If you want to watch it, the download link is available here:

NQ demo: Rampage Spoon Kimp vs Muller Littleme Turtlevan - Challenge-TV.com

I watched it because I had never seen a NQ CTF game before. Installed 3WCTF jus to watch it, wanted to see that hook. Looks to me like you and the other guys there are pretty good with it.

That map looks tiny and very narrow compared to the q3a CTF maps btw. Perfect for the hook - on the q3a maps it would have to fly endlessly before hitting the ceiling in most places.
    dfsp*spirit
    my FPS maps

Comment

The majority of the maps in CTF are really well made (an understatement) and balanced: CTF1, Warzone, Red Alert, Two castles, and there are about 6 more which are rarely played which should be. The non-ctf maps are usually capturephobolis and elder (with Capturephob being perfect).

Comment

I personally would like to see the range of maps played in ctf matches expanded. Also, I prefer to play ctf on ID maps. Each side usually has some unique advantage that they have to use in order to win. I find the completely symmetrical ctf maps like ctf1 to be boring and sterile. Having unidentical bases adds an extra variable to the match, and I like that. If you're all about competitiveness, and can't stand any inequality, then ctf maps are a good refuge. If you do go that route, I prefer the maps that are balanced yet not entirely symmetrical, like capturephobopolis. When I'm on a server, I usually vote for a random map. Sometimes people will yes it out of complacency or lack of knowledge of the maps, but when they see the actual map they are usually terrified and vote to ctf1. Oh well, I think it's still worthwhile to at least propose different maps, and don't mind martyring my map vote

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
          I personally would like to see the range of maps played in ctf matches expanded. Also, I prefer to play ctf on ID maps. Each side usually has some unique advantage that they have to use in order to win. I find the completely symmetrical ctf maps like ctf1 to be boring and sterile. Having unidentical bases adds an extra variable to the match, and I like that. If you're all about competitiveness, and can't stand any inequality, then ctf maps are a good refuge. If you do go that route, I prefer the maps that are balanced yet not entirely symmetrical, like capturephobopolis. When I'm on a server, I usually vote for a random map. Sometimes people will yes it out of complacency or lack of knowledge of the maps, but when they see the actual map they are usually terrified and vote to ctf1. Oh well, I think it's still worthwhile to at least propose different maps, and don't mind martyring my map vote
          I posted in Baker's thread saying we need new CTF maps, however, that shouldn't take away from the fact that this is the last mod left other than RQ where a variety of maps are being played. Every FPS game made for PC always has its 'fall back' map, I'm not a big fan of CTF1, but I won't feel deterred from playing it every few maps.

Cheat2 is another great map which I didn't list, but while Capturephob may be balanced yet not symmetrical, Elder is completely asymmetrical. It's true that most the maps made are pretty mundane in terms of originality, your two bases, your middle quad, but in certain cases (Warzone) the maps are really well made to create close scores and interesting end game situations.

On a side note: CA and DM could use some new playable maps.

Comment

I got some requests to post a second demo :

Q1 CTF

The demo here is a CTF tournament demo, Ler and I vs Disco and Mono, if you're going to dl it, I suggest watching the 3rd demo by far (don't bother with the other 2).. one of the teams comes back 90 pts down with a minute 30 left in the game to win the tie breaker within the last 30 seconds..

Comment

kimp for the win.

Comment

what do you guys think of the CTF mode and the new CTF map in RemakeQuake?
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Working...
                X