Old ctf drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old ctf drama

I was going through some of the id maps for ctf the other day, and now I'm trying to remember the details of a "controversial" game that was played on e3m2 (The Vaults of Zin)

On that level, there was "window" above one of the flags. It had like bars on whatever, so you couldn't go through it but someone figured out that if you stood there with the flag and either suicided or got killed in just the right spot, the flag would drop down into the base below and they kept doing it for easy caps.

I'm hoping that someone might remember more of the details on that one, just one of those incidents that sticks out in my mind but I can't remember the details.

i remember being able to do that on capture.
    Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

It works on any map that has doors or any platform that opens, closes

If you 'kill' and the flag drops on the path of the doors/platform closing it will fall through the map.

On capture this can be game breaking if used correctly.

Comment

Hey losty, I remember this match. It was way back in the day in the loc ctf classic tournament. I know the clan that exploited this was dv8, but I'm not sure of the clan they did this to, I'm thinking it was hifi. I know it was against a really good clan at the time.

Comment

I was in dv8 Man I miss those days. And yes, like Neil says, you can do it on quite a few maps. Capture was one I used to do it on a lot myself.
          uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Neil View Post
            It works on any map that has doors or any platform that opens, closes

If you 'kill' and the flag drops on the path of the doors/platform closing it will fall through the map.

On capture this can be game breaking if used correctly.
            This is the #1 reason on my CRCTF if u suicide with flag it goes back to base GG!
            I remember in 1998 no one would play capturephobopolis because of this exploit.
            And its one of the BEST damn ctf maps!!!!

Lets play guys im jones'n!
            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

We played last night for AWHILE, 2-2's, 3-3's, Kimp was there and didn't even **** up the games. Good fun.
              uakene.com

Comment

WTF?!!!
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Classic

I played in that match, and it was hilarious. Hifi was not pleased. I'm pretty sure Speedphreak came up with the idea during warm-ups, but we hadnt practiced it or anything. I wish I still had the demo.

Comment

Working...
                  X