No announcement yet.

New ctf server!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The server's nice. I like it A brother server coming soon - Chicago 3wave as well. (Planned on doing so as you know winter is a 3wave pick up period), awesome that you threw this up as well. This will be nice.
    uakene.com

Comment

There's always room for another server. Even if one server is playing a 3on3, the other can also be utilized for a different map, or even two alternating tournaments

I'm not totally sure about how FTE's QTV works, but it's nice for quakeworld where u can observer a match from your web browser without even connecting to that server! So 100 people can be watching a single match in progress. I think it supports netQuake but I'm not 100%.

And on another note, Frenzy since you are running around at 150+ ping, you should try at least to run DarkPlaces, with some very low settings. DP has an option called cl_movement, when set to 1 it will run physics on your local machine and "merge" it with the response from the server. I have tried this on the BIGFOOT server at 100+ ping and the movement feels like im playing an lpb game, but the only latency is when I press the fire button.

Also, new maps are easier to make these days that were in the past so maybe we can chalk up some new ctf map designs and hatch a new pak!
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
        There's always room for another server. Even if one server is playing a 3on3, the other can also be utilized for a different map, or even two alternating tournaments

I'm not totally sure about how FTE's QTV works, but it's nice for quakeworld where u can observer a match from your web browser without even connecting to that server! So 100 people can be watching a single match in progress. I think it supports netQuake but I'm not 100%.

And on another note, Frenzy since you are running around at 150+ ping, you should try at least to run DarkPlaces, with some very low settings. DP has an option called cl_movement, when set to 1 it will run physics on your local machine and "merge" it with the response from the server. I have tried this on the BIGFOOT server at 100+ ping and the movement feels like im playing an lpb game, but the only latency is when I press the fire button.

Also, new maps are easier to make these days that were in the past so maybe we can chalk up some new ctf map designs and hatch a new pak!
        Can't support Darkplaces on this laptop =( Or I'd be using the cl_movement, believe me, 150+ avg ping sucks.

And I'd love to see a new ctf pak put together.
        uakene.com

Comment

rook, isn't that what quakeworld is for? movement at 0 ping. shoot at your actual ping. (e.g. lame)

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
            A new map pak would be nice, doesnt need to be huge, maybe 6 maps. (2 small, 2 med, and 2 large) Maybe another elder remix for mindz and crow so they dont go swimming to their deaths in lava.
            Rambo[RuM]
            I support:
            Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
            Qrack - Thank You r00k
            Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
            Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

I have a bunch of custom maps I want to add to the zero server. Maybe I will get to that tonight.
              Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Working...
              X