Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ctf mod

Just a suggestion.

Would it be possible to remove flymode for observers, and enable hooking?

I think that'd be cooler for the observers as they can hook alongside who ever they are near/by or chasing.

that is all.

Thank you.

Thats totally fn useless. Observer's can't have hook, they have AutoChase
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Maybe he just wants to practice hooking when observing.
      This really couldnt be done as everyone else would see your hook.
      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Shity, thought it would've been possible.

Since you don't see people flying around the map while ur playing heh.

But i guess the hook model is shared, for the morning star hook eh.

Oh well.

It was a drunk idea, and just thought it'd be cool to be able to (be pregame mode) while a game is running... but (invisible) to the actual game/players.

Shrugs.

Yes, it is useless, just thought it would be fun.

Guess its not possible though. heh.

~Ah well, cheers! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          Maybe he just wants to practice hooking when observing.
          This really couldnt be done as everyone else would see your hook.
          Entity alpha...

It is possible, like many things, but apparently no one else thinks it's a good idea.
          Scout's Journey
          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

The Darkplaces extension .entity drawonlytoclient; would work here as well, but then CTF would have to be run on a Darkplaces server... which would probably break compatibility as I'm guessing CTF was designed around Proquake.

I used this for my observer mode in NewDM... it makes the entity only visible to the specified client (in this case eyes.mdl for obs). Of course when you go out of observer mode, you'd want to set self.drawonlytoclient = world; for the hook to be visible again to others.
            Clan Brotherhood of the Axe

Comment

I think its an awesome idea.
              Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

It's possible to code it, but not in the current version.
                You could replace the hook with a temp entity or a client side particle effect...

If you just want the physics of the hook without the models it could be done in the current version in 1 if statement.

Comment

One thing to mention in CRCTF, something Rabbit sneered at, was the optional setting to limit the radius for discharging, for match mode.
                  Now what this is, only players in the liquid get shocked not everyone within 3540 quake units.
                  In DM with TEAM DAMAGE enabled, this is a trade off. You are killing the QUAD carrier with an easy discharge but at the cost of possibly killing a few teammates.
                  In CTF, the standard is NO team damage, thus one team gets Quad + LG then discharges the Flagcarrier and anyone else on the opponent team, BUT not anyone on his team.
                  So, limiting the DC allows for quick retaliation of the team that died, hopefully by someone quickly getting outta the water!
                  This is optional, added way back in 2003. And this is not an option that is on normally, it is OFF by default , but available.

Comment

Working...
                  X