Okay so,yea,im bitching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay so,yea,im bitching.

So like,I was in the mood for some more CTF (last server I played last night was intertex) and since intertex is quickly becoming -THE- CTF server , if it isnt already -THE- CTF server , I decided to make my CTF experience nice and neatly sexy looking, I went to the Qrack website, obtained the special download's for elite CTF'ing , loaded up Qrack,tried connecting to intertex plannin on idling until it started filling up............and......then....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
    MISSING STAR.MDL

5 words : I hate the Morning Star

could r00k re-assure me this is NOT permanent? I mean , IMHO , if you kill the belly hook or keep this Morning Star bs , you'll lose lots of possible new-CTF players. I'm not new to CTF,I played Hating CTF - Porky's Revenge all the time back in the day.

Ok,im done bitching.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

you're never done bitching

Comment

okay,so Sniper is right.

let me rephrase ; I'm taking a break from bitching (for now)
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

After we were done playing last night we voted the mod into practice mod...apparently it requires star.mdl. So don't worry it's just a glitch
        uakene.com

Comment

whew, thank goodness ^_^

Comment

the mod shouldn't be allowed to be voted into a different mode.

Comment

Originally posted by woods
              the mod shouldn't be allowed to be voted into a different mode.
              If 2 or 3 players show up at a server, what's wrong with them voting the settings they like. It's not much different than players showing up a server and warping to a new map, imho.

Just my useless 2 cents.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Not sure if this is possible but what if the server resets itself to the default mod/settings if there's no activity on the server for an hour. Is that possible?

Comment

That's what the Shmack 26002 server does when the last player exits.
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                    If 2 or 3 players show up at a server, what's wrong with them voting the settings they like. It's not much different than players showing up a server and warping to a new map, imho.
                    I think woods meant the pub ctf server specifically. Crctf lets you vote practice mode, ctf specific maps etc. I agree these things should be disabled for pub ctf. Pub ctf should be jump on and you're playing ctf, no messing around and no files required
                    uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
                      Not sure if this is possible but what if the server resets itself to the default mod/settings if there's no activity on the server for an hour. Is that possible?
                      That sounds really helpful.

Comment

Yes, the server has a modevotelock option, but i think there was a bug that made the server reboot, which defaulted it back into match mode, thus the morning star hook. Actually I have areally nice NEWer hook model and sounds that are kick ass but then again, i shouldnt require it. And its not really the admin requiring the model, but its quake and it's precache scheme. :< Wish there was a way to have the model choice client side :/ I'll look into it so that Quake wont crash no matter what mode its in...
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k
                          it's precache scheme. :< Wish there was a way to have the model choice client side :/ I'll look into it so that Quake wont crash no matter what mode its in...
                          Slot Zero has some funky precache code on the engine, server-side for RA. But I bet you already know that

Comment

Nope I didnt know this. Basically maps can call entities, and the mod can call entities.
                            In the "quake.exe" precache will fail if it cant load the model's file.
                            But if the model in question; ie the hook, I can (if not present then use next best model and let the player play dammit!), make this work then it will be better! I hope!

To anyone who is wondering.. im not AFK, im not BFD, im not OMR, but i am j.o.b. and not always here but
                            this doesnt mean im not listening and working on quake! Please if you have anything that u want me to do i will stay up til 4am to get it working, but i have to wake up at 7am so youll have to wait until my lunch break b4 u get any feedback, june is coming soon!!!!!
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Rook, based on what I've read and been told ...

On quake.shmack.net:26001 rocket arena, the custom engine Slot Zero has running on the server-side does not precache the special RA sounds, and uses some standard sounds instead.

To turn the RA sounds on, you type "custom-sounds" in the console and ... I guess .. it precaches them at that time.

At least, this what my engine-illiterate description of what I understand is happening is. I could be some high tech QuakeC, but I'm thinking not.

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=573

Comment

Working...
                              X