Okay so,yea,im bitching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that sounds logical
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

On the Shmack RA server, if you have this in your config

alias init "impulse 64"
      then when you connect to the server, the custom-sounds are already on from the start.

More people should know about that. I am maybe one of less than 5 people with that in my config, I'd guess.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

its not in my config,
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
          Rook, based on what I've read and been told ...

On quake.shmack.net:26001 rocket arena, the custom engine Slot Zero has running on the server-side does not precache the special RA sounds, and uses some standard sounds instead.

To turn the RA sounds on, you type "custom-sounds" in the console and ... I guess .. it precaches them at that time.

At least, this what my engine-illiterate description of what I understand is happening is. I could be some high tech QuakeC, but I'm thinking not.

http://forums.runecentral.com/viewtopic.php?t=573
          Originally posted by R00k
          that sounds logical
          Hey Rook, I'm all wrong on that count.

Apparently it is not special engine code that does that. RocketGuy employs that technique for special, but not required custom sounds in RQuake.

So the custom-sounds on/off code in Rocket Arena does not involve engine modification.

All of these special QuakeC tricks that Slot Zero seems to have invented blow my mind.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
          X